Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Ashland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ashland, MA. It has 832 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A141 Students
- A+66 Students
- B57 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+50 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-35 Students
- A+35 Students
- B+35 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Ashland High School Reviews
I have enjoyed many different things at my time at AHS. The community making me feel welcome as soon as I stepped into the building for the first time. The number of extracurriculars you can participate in, such as sports or clubs. The amount of friends and memories I have made at my time here is amazing to me. I never thought I would leave this place changed the way I did. And the number of things out of school like sports games, school dances, talent shows, the school play or musical, band concerts, anything to stay connected to the school life and the other students. If anything at AHS could change it should be student involvement! Students for some reason always feel scared to participate in things and end up regretting it afterward.
This school is dedicated to its students and wants the best for them in the future! We now have a therapy dog at our school named Huxley and he has made students so happy in the halls. There are electives for everyone at the school and it gives a great opportunity for students to expand their knowledge!
Ashland High School offered excellent schooling that actually prepared me for college. I felt as though the material challenged me and allowed me to gain skills that are necessary to do well in college. The atmosphere that the students are placed in wasn't ideal for learning, but those who wish to learn will succeed.