Ashland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ashland, MA. It has 739 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ashland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A90 Students
- A+48 Students
- B35 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+25 Students
- A24 Students
- A-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Ashland High School Reviews
Ashland High School is a slightly above average school that is quite liberal, allowing students some freedoms in certain aspects. There are good clubs to join, with some focus on college preparedness that has been increasing in recent years, so hopefully that continues to be focused on. The academics have a diverse range though the school does lack the funds and resources to offer as many classes as would be preferred almost at one point only offering one language because of the lack of such resources. Sports would probably be a weakness for Ashland, with some good athletes but not due to training with Ashland usually but rather with outside clubs or teams.
Safe experience with teachers that seem invested in their students. Safety is a large factor from admin down to low-level staff. Kids that can learn are pushed to do their best while kids less interested in their schooling are still put into education programs that urge them to continue their studies. School spirit varies between grades, but teachers all support the initiatives.
Ashland High School is a great school community, but I often find that my teachers don't want me to do well in their classes. I understand that I take honors classes, and that they should be challenging, but it seems unfair to make tests so long that no one can finish them or tell your students that their grades are too good, and threaten to bring them down.