Ashford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B77 Students
- A38 Students
- A37 Students
- B-36 Students
- A23 Students
- B21 Students
- A12 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Ashford High School Reviews
Review Ashford High School
I have been a student at Ashford Junior High and High School for six years now and seem to be fairly familiar with the campus and how things work. I have watched as the administration worked to make the school a better environment for everyone around. The teachers here do their best to ensure you get the knowledge you need to be ready for college. With part of our school including older buildings, our campus is not a clean as we all would like it to be, however; the students could be the cause of some of the uncleanliness also. To make a difference, every student would have to be willing to put forth the effort. With the students cleaning up after themselves, much of the trash lying around could be eliminated.
My favorite thing about Ashford High School is the small town atmosphere. Teachers and students alike are very close and really know each other. They never hesitate to lend a helping hand where needed. The only thing I would change about Ashford High School is the academic opportunities offered. Presently, there is only one duel enrollment class offered and no AP classes. Spanish is also the only foreign language class offered and classes in the arts are limited.
Our school has many great clubs such as Key Club, Robotics, Drama Club, Beta club, SGA, First Priority, FBLA, sports, and band. The only issues our school has with clubs is that not many students are involved, although the students that do participate are very involved. This year to try to increase club participation we had a day for club officers to talk about their club and why students should join. Another problem we run into with clubs is members come up with great ideas but not of our clubs receive funds so in order to do anything the club must raise its own money. This prevents our clubs from accomplishing all the things they could if they had outside funds.