Ashford High School is a public school located in Ashford, AL. It has 700 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Ashford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B112 Students
- A58 Students
- B58 Students
- A55 Students
- B47 Students
- A-43 Students
- C-23 Students
- B17 Students
- A16 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Ashford High School Reviews
I love my school genuinely it’s great to be there and enjoy the country side feel of our school! It’s very welcoming to any new comers and it makes you feel at home! Our science and technology department is great, most of our faculty members are like second parents to us and that’s very great and reassuring. Being at Ashford is one of the fondest memories I will have of my teen life! Being there for most of my life I might be a little bias to the school, but it all comes with honesty to how I describe my great school! If anyone ever gets the chance to find themselves in Houston County Alabama visiting Ashford would be a great choice to make. I recommend it to any students moving from the north to the south and looking for a warming school with no cliques, or popularity contests. Being an Ashford Jacket is great! - Senior 2020
Ashford Highschool is a fairly clean and we'll kempt school and is recommended if you're interested in taking general classes in a generally nice environment. If you're interested in taking AP (Advanced Placement) classes then I'd suggest looking elsewhere. While this school offers an Honors Program it is unfortunately not very different than general classes aside from stricter deadlines for assignments and extra work to complete from the same level of difficulty in most subjects. There are a few honors core subjects that simply put you doing work of the general classes in the grade above you, but no higher than that and none of it goes towards college credit nor does honors placement provide additional help for students looking for extra merit to add to thier transcripts.
I have been a student at Ashford Junior High and High School for six years now and seem to be fairly familiar with the campus and how things work. I have watched as the administration worked to make the school a better environment for everyone around. The teachers here do their best to ensure you get the knowledge you need to be ready for college. With part of our school including older buildings, our campus is not a clean as we all would like it to be, however; the students could be the cause of some of the uncleanliness also. To make a difference, every student would have to be willing to put forth the effort. With the students cleaning up after themselves, much of the trash lying around could be eliminated.