Asheville School Reviews

All of my son’s teachers have been exceptionally talented at both teaching and inspiring. The students, both diverse and highly talented, are very supportive of each other - the antithesis of the cutthroat behavior in some other elite schools. The staff and Adminitration really care and make a point of knowing and supporting the students. My son loves dorm life, his classes, Tech opportunities (Robotics, App Dev.), the mountaineering program, and the stuningly beautiful campus. The Arts are heavily supported which draws impressive talent and provides many opportunities to partake. I have friends whose children strongly disliked their experience at two of the “top ten” schools so we looked for the same level of academics in a more positive supportive school community; We found it!
My daughter attended Asheville School and graduated in 2011. Asheville School was more than just a school for her; it was home and community. She later went to Bates College and was very ready and prepared. She has since graduated from Bates and is now an excellent person and professional. I credit Asheville School with much of my daughter success. I don't have enough words to express my satisfaction and my gratitude.
Asheville School is a wonderful place. I attended it for four years and has taught me how to become a better person.
Start Your Review of Asheville School
My experience was overall very positive. I have learned a lot about myself at the Asheville school while attending here. It pushed me out of my comfort zone that has set me up for college and the rest of my life.
While I am incredibly grateful for having the opportunity to attend this school, I have witnessed and experienced multiple things here that make me question whether or not it's worth it.

1. High expectations apply not only to academics but to every aspect of student's personalities. You're expected to be extroverted and bubbly all day, almost as if you're constantly guiding a tour. These expectations single out kids whose natural personality doesn't fit that of someone who works in admissions.

2. The school has a noticeably high rate of suicide attempts, some of which go overlooked while others are seen as a means for expulsion.

3. Disciplinary action seemingly has a fairly suspicious relationship with the amount of tuition a student pays.

The academics and the majority of the faculty are incredible, though. I've met some of my closest friends here and I don't regret attending.
I experienced severe bullying at my last school. The teachers weren't supportive, and everyone cheated on tests. Asheville School is the opposite! No body would dare to cheat EVER!!!!! Nobody is unkind and the teachers are almost more supportive than the average parent! It is insane how much love there is in the community. All of the students actively participate in sports and the arts. We have an exceptional mountaineering program and EQUESTRIAN team! There are a bunch of horses, and this year there is a 4 month old horse. The dorms are friendly and the friends are forever. I strongly recommend this school. The diversity is amazing for a southern, christian school. There are many international, black, and lgbt students. It is an excepting community that I am proud to be a part of. I am only a sophomore, but I see life in a better way now. Before I doubted everyone, now I believe in people.
Asheville School has unparalled academics that truly set you up for the upcoming college work ahead. The administration is constantly involved in the student lives, and teachers are more than qualified to teach. The campus is beautiful, with rolling hills and trees that turn bright shades of orange, yellow, and red during the fall. I would highly recommend attending!
The best quality education for the students stable mental and moral development, which comes from a strong bond to the community. The faculty members and friends you meet here become your lifelong mentors and buddies. The school offers diverse opportunity to the students and support them in many ways.
Asheville School is a community and academic focused school. The faculty are incredibly dedicated to every student's success and growth within the community. I love every moment I had there.
Asheville School was the best decision I (and my parents) ever made. The school's size makes it a warm, familiar community where the faculty are fully engaged and involved. The sports program allows students to try new things, never turning anyone away because of ability (or lack thereof). I could go on and on, but Asheville School genuinely changed my life. I met my best friends for life there, and wouldn't change a thing.
My years at Asheville School were amazing. I learned so much, not just academically but about myself! I was taught and mentored by a wonderful administration that cared about my growth as a person. Because of the great experience that I had, I recommend people to Asheville ALL THE TIME!!
My four years in Asheville School are probably some of the most valuable moments in my life.

The school helped me grow in terms of mind, body, and spirit. The rigorous academic program and supportive faculty (almost over)prepared me for life in a college with a tough academic program. The various extracurricular activities let me try things that I had never even thought I would do or be interested in. Moreover, the school atmosphere based on honor and kindness helped me become a person who values honesty and the presence of others in a community.

With upcoming investments in athletics, the arts center, technology, dorm life, etc., the school will become an even better place for growth.

Most importantly, Asheville School was a place that I could call home. Even after graduation, I always receive a warm welcome from alumns, current students, and faculty during alumni events or visits. Good to know that my "home away from home" will always be there waiting for me.
I attended Asheville School as a day student and it was such an amazing experience. I loved the rich history and traditions there and made lifelong friends with whom I'm still very close (nearly 15 years later). The faculty were competent and caring, the facilities were well kept, and the community was truly nurturing. Of course, nothing is perfect - but for any flaws, faults, or shortcomings this school might have, I believe it is a wonderful place and I was more than prepared for college when I graduated. I love my alma mater. I know not everyone had the same experience as I did, but I really value my time there and would recommend it to anyone interested in attending.
Asheville School was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. In addition to making life-long friends, I learned more about myself than I ever thought imaginable. I was pushed both academically and personally to be a better student, and perhaps most rewarding, a better person.

Academically, AS provided continual support and encouragement by the faculty. AS also required participation in some sort of afternoon activity. This environment encouraged students to jump into the unknown. Finally, I met my closest friends, some of whom are all over the world. I don't think I appreciated the importance of this opportunity at the time, but I certainly appreciate it now. Now more than ever, I can't overstate the importance of exposure to other cultures.

My review comes with 1 caveat: Asheville School is not right for every student. It was right for me. Hands down. It opened doors mentally, personally, and years later, professionally.
My daughter absolutely loves Asheville School. The close community, the dedication of teachers, rapport with classmates, co-curricular offerings ... stellar!
Best three years of my life. I can't say enough about the positive impact my time there has had on my life. The community, culture, and campus are second to none.
I love Asheville School. The four years I spent there were some of the best of my life. The academics are rigorous and prepared me extremely well for college. However, the best part about Asheville School is the strong sense of community that is felt on campus. While I was there, I truly felt at home. I cherish the relationships I forged with both students and faculty, and I know that they will last a lifetime.
Start Your Review of Asheville School
Asheville School's impact on my life is profound. It is a community in every sense of the word. The faculty not only teach, but also coach, counsel, and nurture in and outside of the classroom. The relationships built by students last a lifetime. Asheville School fully prepared me for college as well as life by instilling the importance of community and building meaningful relationships.

I will always be grateful for my time spent in the mountains learning how to have a conversation rather than text on a cell phone, for the English teacher who supported and encouraged my love of writing and asked hard questions, for the field hockey coach who ran hill sprints with us, and for the classmates and friends who supported the culture where working hard was the norm.
I attended The Asheville School and enjoyed my four year experience. The academics were challenging and prepared me for an easy transition into the workload at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
I was very fortunate to have been able to attend Asheville School. The academics are challenging but my preparation for college was more than I could have ever expected. As a student you recognize that each faculty member has a genuine care about your well-being and is invested in your growth as a young adult. The sports facilities are state of the art and offer everything from groomed playing fields, weight rooms, gymnasiums and an indoor pool! The arts program is also stellar including theater, and music programs. Asheville School is an exemplar of diversity with a strong percentage of its student body being from abroad. I would recommend that anyone considering Asheville School to visit. Once you drive up Asheville School Road and look to your left and gaze upon the rolling hills and Mount Pisgah you will understand why so many people, regardless of where you are in the world, call this wonderful place home. Go Blues!