Asheville School is an elite, private, boarding school located in Asheville, NC. It has 289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. Tuition is $54,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Asheville School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+82 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+27 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Asheville School Reviews
I was very fortunate to have been able to attend Asheville School. The academics are challenging but my preparation for college was more than I could have ever expected. As a student you recognize that each faculty member has a genuine care about your well-being and is invested in your growth as a young adult. The sports facilities are state of the art and offer everything from groomed playing fields, weight rooms, gymnasiums and an indoor pool! The arts program is also stellar including theater, and music programs. Asheville School is an exemplar of diversity with a strong percentage of its student body being from abroad. I would recommend that anyone considering Asheville School to visit. Once you drive up Asheville School Road and look to your left and gaze upon the rolling hills and Mount Pisgah you will understand why so many people, regardless of where you are in the world, call this wonderful place home. Go Blues!
Asheville School has unparalled academics that truly set you up for the upcoming college work ahead. The administration is constantly involved in the student lives, and teachers are more than qualified to teach. The campus is beautiful, with rolling hills and trees that turn bright shades of orange, yellow, and red during the fall. I would highly recommend attending!
So many schools tout their sense of family and community spirit, but how many of them actually live it? Asheville School does! This is an environment where everyone is known and cared for; not only by the faculty, but also by peers. Student leaders take their responsibility seriously and they serve the community as prefects and proctors---leading by example.