Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Asher School is a public, alternative school located in Southgate, MI. It has 125 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Asher School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-10 Students
- C-8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+4 Students
- B3 Students
- A3 Students
- C+3 Students
- B2 Students
- C+2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Asher School
- B-Southgate Anderson High School
- Southgate Community School District, MI
- 373 reviews
- C-Taylor Virtual Learning Academy
- Online School
- Taylor School District, MI
- 2 reviews
- CHorizon High School
- Hamtramck Public Schools, MI
- 2 reviews
- CWestwood Cyber High School
- Online School
- Westwood Community School District, MI
- 6 reviews
Asher School Reviews
Most of the staff is very friendly, yet how the way their jobs are handled is absolutely horrendous. When giving packets on time for graduation, they gave them late so many information for scholarships and grants did not apply to the students anymore because they were past deadline. When it came to another student that was stalking another student, nothing was done about it and the student continued. Another student had issues with their ACT, because the school has their grade incorrectly printed. Many of the counselors do not have the information that we need for college. Also, many do not have degrees in order to properly help the students.
With being an adult education, there students that are over the age of twenty years old that are trying for their High School Diploma. All organizations, however, only take students that are twenty years of age and younger. This is unfair considering the other students (twenty one years and above) have to play in order to receive their diploma, yet we are offered no organizations that we can join. However, we do have a chess club and running club which is nice. We do not have any organizations that are that of a traditional school (track club, football team, soccer team). The teachers are very involved with helping.
The teachers try to teach us as much as they can in the time given. You can tell that many of them would like to teach us more than what they are restricted to. They break learning down and will you help you when needed. The thing that is amazing about teachers at Asher is that they also give you "real world" help, translating the work that we learn into how we can use it in our daily life. When I went to a traditional high school, I never received an education like I have here. My math, for example, has jumped over four grades with only one semester at the school. I am proud of the teachers that are there, and they will push you to do your best. They listen, and they will help you learn. Many of them also allow you to express yourself in the best way possible. Sadly, we do not have any AP/Honour classes at Asher, which many teachers want. The workload is evenly spaced out. What is nice about the Academics is that we have two hour classes twice a week, which prepares you for college and it makes it easier to get your work done. The only reason why I do not given the Grade an A is for the fact of how restricted the teachers are on teaching, the lack of AP/Honour classes and some school books are outdated due to the lack of funding (IE: We have math books from the late 80's for some classes).