Ashbrook High School is a public school located in Gastonia, NC. It has 1,388 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Ashbrook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+242 Students
- A+170 Students
- A-162 Students
- A+160 Students
- B+139 Students
- B124 Students
- B91 Students
- C+90 Students
- B+86 Students
- C+81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Ashbrook High School Reviews
I have greatly enjoyed almost all of the staff at Ashbrook High School. The worst thing about this school is simply a few of my fellow students because some of them are simply rude and disrespectful. However, as long as you are not placed in a regular level class then it becomes significantly more tolerable. Honestly, the only time I've had a bad experience with my classmates has been in a regular level class. In Honors level and above everything becomes just fine.
I really love Ashbrook and I'm proud to be a Greenwave. The teachers and administration staff are really helpful, if your trying to succeed. They're also very encouraging. School events such as, Hype/pep ralleys, football and basketball games, school pagents, and clubs are very fun.
What do I like about "The 'Brook"? Well let me tell you, Ashbrook is the best high school I could have ever gone to. Yeah, passing by when I was in middle school it didn't look appealing, but once I stepped inside I knew I could call it home. The teachers are nice, of course you have "those" teachers who in the students word "can't teach, teach to fast, or Why are they even a teacher" moments but overall they are great people. They make it there job to help you succeed weather it be passing their class or walking across that stage. Clubs and activities are interesting, and in a positive way. We finally have a debate club/team and many more unique clubs. The diversity at Ashbrook is unbelievable.