Ashbrook High School is an above average, public school located in Gastonia, NC. It has 1,431 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Ashbrook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+191 Students
- A+142 Students
- A-129 Students
- A+127 Students
- B+107 Students
- B95 Students
- B+78 Students
- B+74 Students
- B-74 Students
- B65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Ashbrook High School Reviews
What do I like about "The 'Brook"? Well let me tell you, Ashbrook is the best high school I could have ever gone to. Yeah, passing by when I was in middle school it didn't look appealing, but once I stepped inside I knew I could call it home. The teachers are nice, of course you have "those" teachers who in the students word "can't teach, teach to fast, or Why are they even a teacher" moments but overall they are great people. They make it there job to help you succeed weather it be passing their class or walking across that stage. Clubs and activities are interesting, and in a positive way. We finally have a debate club/team and many more unique clubs. The diversity at Ashbrook is unbelievable.
I feel like this school is very diverse, with a lot of school spirit and so far safe. The teachers are committed to their job, although I feel like the curriculum is not teaching what we need to know for college, the truth is I know a lot of college people who talk about how school did not get them ready for what is to come, I feel like we should be learning things that will also be useful in the future. I also think that the school should have more options to clubs and not just focus on sports. Although I do think that it gives a safe environment where someone can choose a part of something bigger than themselves. I do appreciate the work put into by the lunch ladies, but I think that we should go with better options including vending machines. Also some of the administration expect respect but do not give it back and some can be very childish which does not set a good example.
Ashbrook High School has always been the best high school in Gaston County. The community feels close between students and relations with teachers have been my personal favorite. Of course, there could be small changes and better quality education, but as far as public schools go, I couldn't ask for a better experience.