Ashbrook High School is an above average, public school located in Gastonia, NC. It has 1,436 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Ashbrook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+172 Students
- A+130 Students
- A-120 Students
- A+113 Students
- B+96 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-72 Students
- B+71 Students
- B62 Students
- B-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Ashbrook High School Reviews
I feel like this school is very diverse, with a lot of school spirit and so far safe. The teachers are committed to their job, although I feel like the curriculum is not teaching what we need to know for college, the truth is I know a lot of college people who talk about how school did not get them ready for what is to come, I feel like we should be learning things that will also be useful in the future. I also think that the school should have more options to clubs and not just focus on sports. Although I do think that it gives a safe environment where someone can choose a part of something bigger than themselves. I do appreciate the work put into by the lunch ladies, but I think that we should go with better options including vending machines. Also some of the administration expect respect but do not give it back and some can be very childish which does not set a good example.
Ashbrook Senior High School is the largest and probably most diverse school in all of Gaston County Schools. In my four years at Ashbrook, I have been exposed to such a large amount of cultures that it amazes me even to this day. Yes, it's not the most cleanly of schools, even though it some how manages to keep a 100 sanitation record, and the administration isn't the nicest to the students, but if you want a majority of teachers who genuinely care for a student's well being, Ashbrook is the definite place for you.
Ashbrook is a great middle ground school. As a sophomore I have already seen what this schools capabilities are and to say them in the politest terms they are 100% average. Go Greenwave!