Arvin High School Reviews

The best thing about Arvin High was how the school give a lot of opportunities to the students and counselors are always for them, also there is a lot of help for immigrants and new people.
Arvin high school was fun for me, i was in cheer leading, and I made tons of friends. It was the only high school I attended, though there was some up and downs but all high schools are. But high school is the time were you make the most memories, college you make the greatest memories but high school you make memories with the people you trust or fall in love for the first time. High school does not entirely prepare you for the real world nor college it does give you the best time before becoming an adult
This school has opened up many exhilarating doors for the future of many students. The teachers strive to give every student a will to go beyond what they believe. They introduce a friendly environment and their dedication into helping us expand is evident.
Clubs in this school are also truly wonderous. Some involve helping the community, math, competition, languages, etc. The school truly dedicates itself for the future of its students. Recently the school has been associated with Bakersfield College and classes such as public speaking are available, as the school wishes every student success into achieveing every goal.
Sports such as tennis, baseball, basketball, etc., are available in this school and the coaches give every player a desire to go beyond the limits that bound us.
Many people who haven’t attended this school would label it as “bad”, but giving it a chance with personal experience in the end, will help develop you into a determined successful person.
Start Your Review of Arvin High School
Our school may be falsely labeled as “terrible”, but there is one item which resides among us, and is greater than any high school and that determination. Teachers, administration, and students themselves truly try to prepare us for universities as many of us aspire goals and careers. We have clubs that offer opportunities of meeting new people, enjoying the day with laughter, and blossoming our character. The variety of sports are truly magnificent as such as football, tennis, baseball, etc. The coaches are always determined into helping us reach our potential and beyond. The school’s mean is to give each and every one of us a outlook into our future and prepare us by trying to instill within us, a desire to aim for the best. What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right, as a student I have gained a strong will to go beyond the horizon because of this school and the people, and so can you.
This was my high school all 4 years of attendance. It served a large community beyond just the city of Arvin itself, but as well as Lamont, Weedpatch, etc. That being said, it was diverse in people from areas, but in general it's a very large hispanic population. I feel like many needs were met, especially for those who either want to have a career straight out of school, or preparing for college. Though I would wish that there was possibly some more technology in the classrooms.
My school is pretty average and not unlike many others in our district. I like our teachers and the resources available to us that may not be offered at other schools as well as our general school atmosphere and culture. I would like improvement on parental improvement to get students to behave better and be more involved and dedicated ti their studies themselves, as well as more care from the administration to better our school.
The thing that I liked about my high school was that in my senior year , I could go to “ roc” basically half of the day . It was like going to a different high school . It was called the Regional Occupation Center . You went to go study and learn about a certain job . I went for fashion merchandise and law enforcement.
I like the teachers, they care about their students, there are many clubs on campus and the school is safe.
I really love Arvin High, because I arrived there in my sophmore year and I don't speak english, but the students and teachers made me feel happy to be part of this school. I really want that the school maybe can have more programs to hepl kids like me, and it will make this school the perfect school.
I really enjoy Arvin high school because I enjoyed all my classes that I was able to choose and I was in my favorite sports that are cross country and track and field. I really enjoy the clubs that im in which are link crew, where I’m able to help freshmen out and helping paws which is community service. I would like to change that they where able to have more different classes so I’m able to make as my elective
Arvin is a diverse campus where LGBT is not discriminated as we even have a club. I am not a part of this club but a supporter and that is one of the things I most like about AHS. We have an amazing fine arts program including choir, band and the drama departments. A thing I would change would be how the AP and Honors students get more attention and help with colleges and options for after high school. As an Honors/AP but also CP student I see the great differences and notice how counselors come out but only to AP/Honors classes, leaving the CP students clueless about great opportunities and programs.
They should include courses that prepare students for real-life experiences such as preparing for finance and how to get a job after college.
The sense of a tight-knit community is at large here, except it can be very conservative and close-minded.
The school is a very well rounded, place. All the teachers do their jobs well, and are often close with their students. The school is filled with mostly hispanic students making spanish a very common language on campus. Only major problem is a lot of students tend to engage in illegal activities such as smoking, and drinking.
My school shows PRIDE. P-Participation R-Respect I-Integrity D-Determination E-Empathy. I like how Arvin High has so many activities that every student can be involved in. My school provides CP and AP/H courses for students and that is highly beneficial. The school is full of positivity. Parents are highly involved in students' academics and also if they are in sports and/or clubs. I wish students in my school that are shy and feel isolated, should not feel tat way. They should make the most of their four years in high school, unforgettable. I wish every student in school were in a club or a sport.. In its academics and the staff. School counselors and teachers always help students when they need it and provide more information they think is necessary for students to over achieve. Overall, Arvin High School is amazing in every way.
Arvin High School is a welcoming to every teenager. This high school has many great courses with wonderful teachers that are willing to help. When I first came to Arvin High School as a freshman, I was afraid that there was going to be bullies, drugs, and all that bad influence. The school is safe because we have staff guarding the place. The staff and teachers are so amiably pleasant. I guarantee that every teacher in this campus will have a close relationship with you. The campus is in a rural area surrounded by fields. There is countless of clubs and activities to help the community and have fun. I would like to see change in diversity because the majority of students are Hispanic or Latino.
Even though Arvin High School is isolated and surrounded by fields, it is still a great place to meet people and to receive an education. At Arvin High, the student council holds events where all students can go to so that they could be more involved and have fun their four years. I had joined the track and field and I did not regret it. I met more people than I had expected and got to meet different people. I had become friends with most of them and some became family. This school is a great place to experience new things, but the one thing that I would change is the lack of diversity. It is a school of mostly Hispanics and Latinos. I am a Hispanic from Mexico and I know a handful of people who originate from the same place I do. This is a school that does not have a lot of diversity, and if there were more people from different ethnisities, more people would be exposed to different cultures, leading to a better understanding society.
Start Your Review of Arvin High School
Arvin high school is a typical high school. It offers aside variety of different activities such as sports clubs and fine arts. I really enjoy attending this school but if there was more diversity on campus that would be great. Having almost an entire filled with primarily one race is great, does not allow for exposure of other cultures.Despite this, arvin high school serves as a great school to many different towns and allows for a welcoming environment.
Arvin High School offers a variety of clubs that anyone can be a part of and enjoy themselves. They have one of the best girls basketball teams, wrestling, golf, and soccer team. The teachers are very easy to understand and help you whenever it is needed. The school also offers tutoring for those students struggling. Not only do they prepare you for college but they also prepare you for what comes after high school. The school also coordinates events for the community at the high school like free movie night. This is one of the best schools in Kern County.
My experience was good. I was an active HOSA member competing in state competitions about medicine. I enjoyed my biology and math teachers, because the class was interesting because we interacted with our classmates and not just lecture for two hours. What I would change is staff, not many teachers cared for their students.