Arvada West High School Reviews

The teachers at Arvada are phenomenal. They give us vital 1 on 1 learning experiences, and they want make sure we succeed. They also care about us as people. I have had a great time building relationships with teachers. If there is anything I could change it would be the top of administration. They are a little bit extreme with some rules and they way they handle ¨problems¨ with teachers.
Overall, my experience with Arvada West High School has been fairly decent. The majority of my teachers have been very impactful on both my learning as well as my development as a young adult.
Arvada West is best described as average at best. The school has very little to set it apart. It is an unorganized school; distributes money poorly; and prioritizes their image. The school pretends to have order, while in reality, is not diverse and sweeps real issues under the rug. There is constant racism, sexism and class-ism within the student body, and while the admin is okay, they do not deal with these issues appropriately. The teachers are under payed, and male sports frequently take priority over female sports.
Start Your Review of Arvada West High School
I enjoyed my days in high school. Learned allot. The school offered some good extra curricular classes to take. The school has been increasing it's class availabilty, keeping up with the times. A good school all around.
Very good teachers that truly care about the success of their students. Awest is in a safe location in the middle of Arvada and is a safe place to get your High School Education.
The teachers are some of the best you can get. They are supportive but yet strict enough that the students pass and are able to get a good head into college.
I have fell in love with the choir program at Arvada West High School. If it was not for the amazing passion that our choir director, Mr. Maunu has for our school, there is no way I could get through college with the thriving passion for music and vulnerability. Not only that, but the teachers make Arvada West a safe place and an area for anyone to feel at home and go to a trusted adult if something is happening outside of or in school. There are many a time when I have gone to teachers or counselors crying. I feel like this is very unusual to find in a high school, but I am glad that Arvada West can supply that for all its students.
I have absolutely loved my time at Arvada West so far! I have had so much fun with my various classes and activities, that I am actually excited to go back after the summer. I love the diversity of the school and how accepting everyone is, as a result of it! Overall I have had a very positive high school experience.
Teachers are very caring about students. The school needs more school spirit and pride in the school environment.
Arvada West is more culturally diverse then it's neighborhood school up the road. Overall the teachers are invested and truly care about teaching and seeing the students understand the material they are presenting. In my 3 years I have been able to find a group where I fit. I believe that to be true for most of the student population. I am glad I went to Arvada West and I am looking forward to taking some of the classes only seniors can take.
I love the environment at Arvada West High School. The staff are dedicated to the self improvement of their students. I admire how friendly the councils are. I when I came into their office for advice on graduation, they were ready to help me. they gave me paperwork and packets I needed and it was very useful. the environment they provided was warm and welcoming. I felt like I could go to them for all my problems in school.
There are many good opportunities to succeed later in life through this school if you put in your time to seek the advantages. I've had an internship in a field I am interested in through a program offered here, and I have learned what more difficult course loads in college would be like through AP Courses, which makes me feel prepared for college.

The teachers here are almost always willing to help you, and you get many resources. There are also activity opportunities that certain staff is ahead of that will help you later in life, or with your own practice of skills.

The food is okay, but making my own lunch isn't a great impediment to this fine institution.
I love the theatre department. it’s an incredible family and so fun. the teachers are hit or miss, but i’ve lucked out with some wonderful people who surround my everyday.
Arvada West is a great place to be around tradition and ritual from the passing of the classes to concerts and events. The academic broad structure plants a wide base for futures in just about anything. If there isn't a class for it, there is a club. The teachers are well trained and care about the student life. Arvada west sets up for success in many aspects.
Throughout my 4 years of high school I went to 3 different schools. Of these three different high school I can confidently say that Arvada West High School was by far the best I've been to. The councilors worked with me to get me caught up on their required credits and the teachers were all very passionate and helpful. Overall, this is a remarkable school, I just wish there was more concurrent enrollment opportunity outside of Warren Tech.
My experience has been good with Arvada West High School, I've liked all the classes that I enrolled in and like the diversity of the school. I like that they are hands on and send emails to our parents to report progress and if we are missing work assignments. I also like that they had a job school fair for you to go to for your future endeavors.
I'm graduating from A-West in May of 2018, and I really like this school compared to others. Sure, this school has problems, but what school doesn't? Most of the teachers actually care about their students and I really value that. There are a few teachers that seem to be indifferent to if their students are actually learning, but they are just a few bad apples in a basket of really good fruit. The security officers are rather rude overall, but they do their job well. The school in a whole is very clean! This school offers many clubs I haven't seen other schools offer, which means there is a place for everyone. The overall atmosphere of this school is good, I haven't seen much bullying at this school compared to others but there probably is. The assemblies are very high energy, even when most of the students don't want to be there especially when "Sparkles" preforms. If you are considering going to A-West, do it. I don't think you'll regret going here.
Start Your Review of Arvada West High School
I enjoyed the music program at Arvada West. It’s an excellent program whose choirs compete on a national level and whose performing arts program never fails to bring home awards. I’ve never felt as though the academics were incredible but some of the teachers themselves helped me pave my way to success. I would change some of the attendance policies and the parking lot layout.
At first I was nervous about attending high school, and didn't really enjoy my freshman year. But, I joined the basketball team sophomore year and had a strong friend group, and started to enjoy the social aspect more. I has so many amazing teachers that truly cared about my learning, which was the best part. Being a freshman in college now makes me really miss my time at Arvada West.
Being Junior Class President and Senior Class President at Arvada west, throughout the four years I've gotten to know the culture and climate at Arvada West. I enjoy the diversity of the school, unlike other neighboring schools, people of different backgrounds, salaries and those with different interests in general actually genuinely interact with each other. Along with the recent safety issues and the events going on around the country, arvada west has done an excellent job upping their security measures. I have had the opportunity to join various clubs such as Link Crew, Student Council, World Affairs, math club and National Art Honors society. I am sure that every student will find their place at arvada west, this school has something for everyone!