Arts Academy in the Woods Reviews

This is my third high school and it has been amazing compared to my past high school experiences. The entire school, the staff and students and teachers are so so accepting of others. It is a safe haven for many students, especially for kids who are “outcasts”. There are no outcasts here, everyone is accepted for who they are. This school gave me somewhere to belong. This school also gives you the opportunity to explore the arts. Not many schools are focused on arts and this school is so dedicated to helping us learn different arts while also teaching regular academic classes. They help us strive in our chosen art classes. The school gives us a space to be creative and to be ourselves without judgment. The teachers are also exceptional. They are all so kind and they just want to help you learn however they can.
Arts Academy in the Woods is a very culturally diverse, open minded place to learn. Most of the students are accepting individuals that have a passion for the Arts and want it Incorporated into their daily schedule. I had great teachers overall that were vested in my well being. I was able to travel to Europe with a group of students and teachers my senior year and it was an unforgettable experience! Arts is a great place to learn.
As an artist, I wanted to continue pursuing my passion in an environment that I felt that I could fit in. With my Aspergers Syndrome, I was always separated from the others. My middle school was getting rid of the art program along with the high school and I wanted to be somewhere where art was a priority.
When I first stepped into the halls of Arts Academy in the Woods, I knew this was my dream school. Every student got to do art for 2 hours a day and the arts varied from the performing arts to the visual arts. With everyone having common interests, it's practically impossible to not find friends. Everyone is so accepting of anyone that walks into the building. Judgement and bullying are never seen or heard because we are an art community and we stand for our fellow artists, no matter what.
Start Your Review of Arts Academy in the Woods
My experience was great for my freshman, sophomore and 1st semester of junior year. I had a lot of fun. The students there were very unique and we didn't have a dress code. The new principal was a very fun guy to be around.
I love AAW! It give you all you can want in you arts as well as what you need in your academics. This school helps to make all people feel safe and welcomed no matter the circumstances. The staff are nice and makes sure everyone feels included.
When I first started school at Arts Academy in the Woods during my freshman year I felt like this school was for me because for two hours of every day you can do any art you please. The environment is so accepting and diverse, so it feels like you're at home.
Arts academy is a place filled with students from all backgrounds and the only charter school that has arts everyday.with over 10 art majors students can express themselves. the whole school is a family no one is left out no one is bullied if there is its minor. its a place were lgbtq+students can be safe and accepted for who they are. were dancers and 2d artists even though different we are the same. Its not a school well it doesnt feel like one, the faculty are like family and always have our backs.If i didnt find out about AAW I wouldnt be alive it has truly saved mine and others lives.
Not many extracurriculars. Should be more! Needs more funding in general.
This school has changed my life and caused me both to excel in the arts and my education! Strongly recommend AAW!
The arts programs are excellent
Not very many safety measures taken.
We have so many clubs after school, like Anime Club, Slam Poetry Club, Culinary Club, Nintendo Club, Drama Club, and many many more.
This school is unique because we don't have sports-all our classes and extra curricular revolve around various arts. I love being able to take music and creative writing classes every day. But our arts include 2D/3D art, dance, music, choir, creative writing, digital imaging, etc.
Overall they're okay, there's a mix of really good and engaged ones and the ones who are not very into it.
If I knew how I would feel about this school my first year there I would not be attending now. The art department is wonderful, the teachers really push you to be the bast you can be. As far as academics, they arent great. I feel I couldve had a better education at a different school.
Not only do they focus on the arts but they try to incorporate both arts and academics. My favorite experience are the covers to showcase all of our arts. I would choose this school I would just want them to have sports.
I've made amazing friends and my teachers are so amazing. I wouldn't choose any other school.
Start Your Review of Arts Academy in the Woods
We have about five drug dog searches a year, but we have no school nurse, no bully policy, and no other searches.
Not a good experience overall, I will be leaving at the end of this year to go to my public high school. I found the art program (choir) was not worth dealing with the negativity here.
There is rust and mold forming on the cookers. Occasionally, lunch ladies do not even show up.