Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Arthur P. Schalick High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsgrove, NJ. It has 541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Arthur P. Schalick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+153 Students
- B76 Students
- A61 Students
- B49 Students
- A-44 Students
- C+40 Students
- C+38 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-35 Students
- A34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Arthur P. Schalick High School
- BGlassboro High School
- Glassboro School District, NJ
- 116 reviews
- B+Woodstown High School
- Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District, NJ
- 114 reviews
- B-Salem County Career & Technical High School
- Public School
- Woodstown, NJ
- 59 reviews
- BWilliamstown High School
- Monroe Township School District (Williamstown), NJ
- 327 reviews
Arthur P. Schalick High School Reviews
As a current junior at Arthur P. Schalick High School, there are quite a lot of things for me to touch upon regarding the school and it’s environment. Overall, I’ve had a pleasant experience so far at Schalick, and I have made plenty of positive memories with my friends at the school. There are a lot of clubs and opportunities to get involved within the community and it’s important to take advantage of those. Almost all of the teachers genuinely care about their students and are dedicated to helping their students succeed. Classes are slightly challenging but I definitely suggest taking AP or honor level classes! The school is relatively small, which is definitely a pro for students looking to gradually get used to the added pressure of high school life. There are numerous sports within the fall, winter, and spring that are available to ALL students. No school is perfect, but Schalick definitely comes close!
Arthur P. Schalick welcomed me with open arms from the day I transferred my Sophomore year. It was definitely a different environment than I was used to, since I came from a school of 4,000 to a school of 400. However, the students were all very kind and accepting of me, as the student body was a very tight knit community. Schalick embraced all of my aspirations and talents throughout my years there, as I am a trombonist and singer. My principal and music director constantly gave me opportunities and the tools to succeed in the arts. Academically, I didn't quite receive the same experience. The academics were not strongly endorsed until I was able to take AP level courses. However, in my AP courses, I began creating great relationships with my teachers and found an amazing mentor. At times things were a bit political, like in the way scholarships were given or how the guidance office functioned, but overall I had a really good experience at Arthur P. Schalick High School.
The Environment is very positive. "Make it a great or not, the choice is your." The Education program exceeds it limit to helping their students become successful. They offer great programs to their students. The Arts and Theater program is very successful in creativity. They always have their counselors available for any problem. They comfort and help you in any matter. They are always an email away as well. The Security staff makes the students feel more secure and safe at all times. The security system has been supported greatly through out time of Schalick but became better in the year of 2019-2020 armed guards. Schalick's sports are very competitive. They never give up and keep pushing weather if the team is small or large. The food service became better. The students are enjoying the variety of food provided for them. PRIDE represents the school Schalick of Patience, Respect, Integrity, Diligence, and Empathy.