Arthur P. Schalick High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsgrove, NJ. It has 589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 9% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Arthur P. Schalick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B101 Students
- A44 Students
- B+42 Students
- B33 Students
- B-26 Students
- A25 Students
- C+24 Students
- A20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A-18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Arthur P. Schalick High School
- BGlassboro High School
- Glassboro Public Schools, NJ
- 105 reviews
- B+Woodstown High School
- Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District, NJ
- 97 reviews
- B-Salem County Career & Technical High School
- Public School
- Woodstown, NJ
- 42 reviews
- B-Williamstown High School
- Monroe Township School District (Williamstown), NJ
- 267 reviews
Arthur P. Schalick High School Reviews
My experience at Schalick has been amazing! The staff is knowledgable and approachable. I would like to see healthier lunches served, but other than that I can't complain!
Arthur P. Schalick is a peaceful school. It is small, each class composed of about 120 students. While, like all schools, it has its flaws and areas to improve upon, my experience there was one that I treasure and that impacted me greatly. Schalick supports and facilitates the arts. The programs in this area at the school are wonderful. One of my favorite parts of high school was learning how to play the guitar and discovering my proclivity for music. During the four years I attended, the teachers were passionate and truly wanted their students to understand the subjects. I would recommend this school for these things.
Schalick is an average small town school, while it lacks many advanced courses, it does offer a good amount of AP classes proportionate to its size. The administration is at times overbearing and seems to have a personal bias against the theater and dance programs. Sports culture is very big and it seems most of the school's attention goes to the football team, this often leaves other aspects of the school underdeveloped (ex. clubs and extracurriculars).