Arthur Hill High School is a public, magnet school located in Saginaw, MI. It has 1,126 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 29 to 1. According to state test scores, 6% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Arthur Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B132 Students
- B+123 Students
- A+122 Students
- B98 Students
- B-94 Students
- A+88 Students
- B+88 Students
- B-87 Students
- B74 Students
- B+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Arthur Hill High School Reviews
I like attending AHHS because the staff has made sure that I am prepared for an education beyond high school. If I seem to have fallen off and got side tracked, a teacher, counselor or someone would be sure to pull you aside and address the issue. I feel Arthur Hill has changed my life for the better. I wasn't sure if I wanted to even go to college. Even though my mom has pushed me this far and really expected me to do so. Knowing that so many people from school have shown me that they believe in me and that I can make a difference, I feel like I MUST give it a try. I feel like the staff at Arthur Hill along with my family has instilled in me a great chance at having a successful future that can and will be promising to others.
Having attended Arthur Hill for the last 4 years, I can honestly say that I have experienced the good and the bad. Arthur Hill insures the success of its students through the Lumberjack University, a college readiness and preparatory center that assists students in FAFSA, TIP, college and scholarship applications. The staff also goes out of their way for the students, but all of this assistance and more is often neglected by the students. When all of this is taken advantage however, Arthur Hill guarantees success by providing a cultural, and plentiful experience with many opportunities.
The school is not very diverse. However, there were exchange students that contributed to the cultural exchange. The clubs and sports kept students active and involved. The academics were challenging however I wish there was more options to choose from. At the time there was only Calculus and AP English. All the teachers I had were encouraging and dedicated to their work and to the students. I was lucky to have such supportive mentors and role models.