Arthur & Polly Mays Conservatory of the Arts Reviews

I've been going to Arthur and Polly Mays Conservatory of the arts since I was in the 6th grade. This school allowed me to grow both academically and socially. Although it is on the smaller side, it provides a more intimate setting for those who are shy.
I've been with the Rams for three years now, and overall everything, it's an amazing school for several of reasons. Their magnet program allows all electives such as dance, drama, choir, sound engineering, broadcasting, creative writing, and even sports to come together in a tiny little school! Even though it's a pretty small school, the love that the teachers give to the students is irreplaceable, especially from one of my favorite English teachers, Mr. Hill. I'm studying to be a sound engineer in the near future and with the help of the music production class with, Dr. Marsh has helped us wonders. We were able to record our original tracks that we've created on Logic or GarageBand and perform them into the sound booth. I've learned about the wiring and the music software process a little bit more, even music management.
This school treats you like family. It looks out for you and worries very much about your grades. If you were to fail a class, it is not because of disinterested teachers.
Start Your Review of Arthur & Polly Mays Conservatory of the Arts
I have been attending Mays since my 7th grade year, and now I am currently a senior at Mays. This school is an excellent school for the arts.
The AP classes offered are very rewarding and prepares high school students for the workload they are expected to find when they get to college. And when you don't understand something, the teachers are always glad to help after school. Also, some teachers, like Mr. Michael Hill, helps students with scholarship opportunities and essays. If you are a hard working student and have dedication, you should be a ble to handle the workload.
There are a variety of clubs and organizations offered at this school. Personally speaking, many fun and different activities are offered. There are language learning clubs, like French and Spanish, Book club, Asian appreciation, National honor and Junior honor society, and many more.
If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change my decision of coming to this school. This school, I feel, is very different from traditional high schools. For example, diversity and creativity are encouraged in students. In traditional high schools, the sciences are emphasized more than the arts. But at Arthur and Polly Mays Conservatory of the Arts, that's not the case. Being creative and thinking out of the box is a must. Additionally, the teachers are always accessible for any help a student might need.
Since it's a small school, teachers are more available to help out struggling students. It is easy to make connections and bond with the teachers.
There is rarely any bullying. There are no fights. The security guards do their jobs. There is a policewoman to help keep the school safe. The school nurses aren't great but they somewhat try to help, I guess.
There are a few clubs that are somewhat interesting. For the most part, it's the magnet classes that are the best.
I don't see many of the parents, nor are they involved much in school activities or academics besides the PTA.
A lot of the teachers could be more engaging, approachable, and helpful. Overall they do their job but could be better.
I love The school, the teachers are outstanding, the educational system is on top. I'm getting a very good education, I'm making better grades than I did at any other school! The school has a good vibe to it, the students return home with excellency and good grades. I recommend for anyone who's interested in broadcasting, band, drama, dance, and Last but not least, Visual Arts. Would absolutely recommend anyone and everyone to apply at Arthur and Polly Mays Conservatory of the Arts. We are here to assist you at all cost!
Our academics aren't the strongest but our commit to our magnet and out talent is through the roof.
I believe that this school is just as horrible as any other highschool, given the society that we live in. They take this wonderful concept of learning and discovering new things and just completely ruin it with the atmosphere of judgement and suppression of creativity and strict deadlines, basing your intelligence on a letter. Its not a great place to be, however it is necessary to obtain the future that you desire.