Artesia High School is an above average, public school located in Artesia, NM. It has 795 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Artesia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+205 Students
- B153 Students
- A-111 Students
- B-96 Students
- B-49 Students
- C+38 Students
- B33 Students
- A+33 Students
- A31 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Artesia High School Reviews
Artesia High School is a very supportive school to their students and safety is one of their main concerns. The school has many policies enforced such as the dress code and the driving policy to protect their students the best they can. Artesia High School also has a very supportive community which helps allow students to pursue their dreams in extra curricular activities. The teachers all push students to do their best and are great at interacting with the students to get them the best possible education!
I loved everything about Artesia High School. The staff was great! The teachers and coaches had a very unique and distinct way of getting through to the students. The events held by the school were amazing! Almost every student got to partake! I felt very safe at Artesia High School. The staff made me feel as if I was at home! They were all very friendly and if I ever had any problems I was able to trust them to resolve every issue of mine. The staff even went a little further to make sure I was doing well in school and at times they gave me motivation and support that was much needed and very helpful!
Artesia High School has many positive attributes that benefit the learning environment for students. For example, the faculty member ranging from custodians to principles are friendly and welcoming. I have had many teachers over the past years help create many fantastic memories. These teachers have also remand persistent and never gave up on helping even through out any struggling. My school is supportive in any and all sport or extracurricular activities. There is a negative aspect on this and it is they the school could be more so interested when it applies to the the students that participate in the Arts such as drama, band or choir. My high school experience at Artesia thus far has been simple and fun-loving.