Art & Design High School Reviews

This school has their positives and negatives just like any other school. However this school's art education is quite impressive. The school teaches an variety of majors for freshmens to choose from and teaches sophomores how to use Adobe Photoshop.
I love how dedicated every student is to their art major. I am surrounded by creative individuals like myself and I always find inspiration around me. The teachers are very supportive, especially my film teacher Mr Harchol who has been teaching me Film for the last 3 years.
Art and Design offers various opportunities and great programs for art students that they will not find anywhere else. As a student in the Graphic Design program, I had options to many internships, classes and competitions that helped me transition into college and helped me find other internships. Art and Design makes sure that art and regular classes are equal in importance offering great teachers for every class. Although some teachers do not deserve a position at Art and Design many other teachers were helpful during the college process, building portfolios and making sure your goals for your future is met
Start Your Review of Art & Design High School
What I like about the High School of Art and Design is that most of the students have a similar goal and mindset to go beyond imagination.
I liked art and design, because it was a home away from home. the faculty cared about you and wanted the best for their students. Everyone was supportive of each other and it made my high school experience really fun.
this college is a very well organized highschool. they are very on top of your well doing and its like you're there family.
I liked the fact that the art teachers gives the students several chances to enter regional and state wide contests.
When I first came to Art & Design as a freshman It was a great experience. Students were very involved in their own brand.
Art & Design High School is a great school. I have been going there since the 9th grade and I have had the pleasure of being taught by a few well known teachers. They are very knowledgeable and are always willing to help in any way they can. The students are very friendly. I have also been exposed to a lot of activities, especially our annual fashion show which I was involved and had the opportunity of seeing one of my work and a collaboration piece modelled.
Through out the last four years I've had a great experience. I was able to learn so much about my major (Graphic design) and I would love to have a career in it.
My school is not like other high schools. My school has been awarded often for being the top school in the state of New York for art. In fact, Art and Design is a CTE Standard school, which stands for Career and Technical skills that can be put directly in the workforce. As someone who has been an honors student in both academics and art, I can state for a fact that there are certain advantages to possessing the mix of classes. Through the school, I made great people that I know will always stand by me, even into the far future. I made connections with people in the industry and showed off my skills, which will give me a heads-up for a possible job later on. I feel like I am ready to pursue my dream job to become an animator. My confidence in my ability to perform and draw, compared to the past and what I've been compared to before, has been restored to its former glory. I feel like a sounder person, ready to take life by the hand and begin walking.
Art and design high school is a very creative and talented school filled with many artist. Art majors vary and have amazing teachers to go along with it...id like to see the freedom of art be expressed and the school to be a bit more Organized over all the school is amazing
I meant some truly talented individuals here. The arts thrive here and it is very diverse. For this reason, there's someone for everyone, there are no bullies because everyone is accepted. The academics do come second though. Some teachers simply do not care about the students' well being. Since it is so large, there is little discipline and it's easy to fall off. Too big to be focused on. Great preparation and resources for the arts though.
What I highly enjoyed about attending the High School of Art and Design is that. Art and Design has taught me how to socialize with other people who are from different backgrounds, and who are of different races and cultures in our society. To learn about friendship, and the trustworthiness and bonds that one creates during their time in the school. It teaches the values of teamwork and the work ethic of the individual.
I like that Art an d Design gives oppertunity to all students and provides programs that help students with college and career readiness.
The students are what makes the school so great, the talent, unique styles and passion from everyone really has a affect. Although many of teachers are very rude and favorite students with "the most talent" which I personally do not like. As a fashion major student, my fashion teacher expected me ( as a junior student ) to create garments for paris fashion week which is crazy since we go to high school to learn and not to expect everything we create to be perfect. Although the "most talented student" to him was given a free sewing machine in which many other lower class students needed.
Art and Design high school is an amazing school, its a CTE school meaning that it gets its students ready for not just college but as well as careers in the areas we are learning. The school opened my eyes to the many majors, also showing me that I will love to continue doing art in college and many as a career. The teachers all love their jobs and their students, and I believe that in this school you could find friends for life. The has never been much bullying in the school and there you could find a diversity of races, cultures, and interests which is a very amazing thing. The school has a feeling of home away from home.
Start Your Review of Art & Design High School
Applying and getting chosen for Art and Design High School was my biggest accomplishment finishing middle school. I was in love with art and this school seemed to offer so many opportunities and open many doors into the art world. My freshman and sophomore years were challenging and definitely made me realize art was not my passion anymore. Although these years taught me many things including the industry of fashion which was my chosen major, it also taught me skills i can take into any road in life i decide to pursue in. I've had an overall unforgettable experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. I hope the school continues to open many doors for students, but make them more confident in their careers other than scared.
I enjoyed the accepting community with the students and the rigorous advanced courses. I felt prepared for regents exams and for finding work, but I would love to see the quality of the food and the facilities improved.
You can scream with your friends with harmony outside the school and others will join you.

But on a serious note, the community is great. Bullying is not much of a problem since people just go with the flow whenever something weird happens. It's an art school after all. For the most part everyone is very supportive, including students and teachers.

A negative would be is that it tends to be disorganized, and some of the staff don't really listen to complaints.

But overall it's a great school with more opportunities you would get in a non specialized school.