Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Arsenal Technical High School No. 716 is a public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 2,589 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Arsenal Technical High School No. 716 Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A300 Students
- B254 Students
- C+250 Students
- A+235 Students
- B201 Students
- A-163 Students
- C+153 Students
- B106 Students
- C-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Arsenal Technical High School No. 716
- CGeorge Washington Community High School No. 721
- Indianapolis Public Schools, IN
- 48 reviews
- C-Emmerich Manual High School
- Public School
- Indianapolis, IN
- 46 reviews
- B-Lawrence Central High School
- Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township, IN
- 554 reviews
- BBen Davis High School
- Metropolitan School District of Wayne Township, IN
- 589 reviews
Arsenal Technical High School No. 716 Reviews
The courses are not always funded well, some of the classes are too large, and the courses are not all rigorous enough to prepare students for college. However, the teachers here are amazing. Some of the teachers will fight for you, cheer you on, and often times go the extra mile to provide the best learning environment they can with what they have. They truly care about their students and that feeling of support makes the difference in the success or failure in some students.
Arsenal Technical High School is a typical inner city high school with a few stand out teachers picking up the slack. There's not enough security or motivation of most staff to push the students to go to class. As well, I didn't know where the social workers office was until my JUNIOR YEAR! Social workers are an important vent for kids who are less fortunate. There aren't enough counselors to go around for the kids, and all of my college application work has been on my own. I've only spoken to my counselor twice maybe three times this year.
Contrary to many opinions ATHS is a great school. There are so many programs and opportunities that are offered here. I really like the fact that there are programs that allow us to learn skills that can help us after high school, and that can be used to find actual jobs. The only reason that I didn't give five stars is because the students can be distracting and chaotic at times. That's the only bad part of my experience. Of course not everyone is the same, it all really depends on who you hangout with. Overall I have really enjoyed my experience here.