Arroyo High School Reviews

The way material is taught here varies along the teachers. There are several teachers who made my experience here highly worth it. There are a few teachers who have given students a difficult time--for both justified and unjustified reasons. The school has mostly Latinos and Asians.

I would like to see more effort being put into preparing people for college in terms of time management and effective study skills.

The Career Center on campus is a great place to get a head start on applying for college, especially since they have computers. If you're a student, be sure to reach out to them.

I haven't really felt unsafe walking around campus, even after school.

For some of our sports, we rank consistently at above average outcomes!

The food here is alright. They have a salad bar that people go past when they're in line to choose what they want for lunch, so people who want healthy options have access to that.
The school academically is overall pretty good. We have an enormous amount of diversity in our school, and our clubs and organizations have stayed top in the state for a long time. Our school has been known to be one of the best schools in Southern California, also having it be regarded as a "BEST HIGH SCHOOL" by the US AND WORLD REPORT NEWS.
Overall the High School has a good environment. The teachers are questionable, but there are a few that do take their job seriously. The math, english and science department is where mostly good teacher are scarce. Counselors don't do their jobs most of the time. Again, there are good teachers out there that are willing to help. The social science department is honestly excellent; teachers actually care about the student's learning. There are numerous clubs on campus that help boost a student's activity sheet for college applications.
Start Your Review of Arroyo High School
My experience at Arroyo High School was very memorable and I'm glad that I went to this school. I really enjoyed all the extracurricular activities that they had there especially sports and clubs. People really enjoyed getting involved doing many activities to keep them busy besides constantly doing school work all the time.
Overall, it's an adequate public school. I will highlight several factors: teachers, academics, administration, diversity, culture, and campus.

TEACHERS:
I'm largely an AP student, so I can't speak much for regular classes. It's a huge toss up, 50/50. Those who are good teachers are very dedicated and good at explaining the concepts. Vice versa for the bad ones.

ACADEMICS:
There's a surprising range of AP's offered for a low-funded public school. Our social science and visual and performing arts-especially band-department is very strong. English and math is a toss up. Science is a no-go.

ADMINISTRATION:
Big yikes. Some admins are good, but most aren't. Let's just say they ignore the needs of students if it brings bad light to the school.

DIVERSITY:
Largely Hispanic and Asian, limited white and black students.

CULTURE:
Not cutthroat, most of the student population is pretty dumb.

CAMPUS:
Overall a clean and green place. Some buildings need retouching.
Arroyo High School is a great school overall. Administration is always there to answer any questions you may have and make your high school years go as smoothly as possible. Teachers are good at teaching their subjects and actually care about their students. The facility itself is very nice and is always highly maintained. Fields are always kept in good conditions for sports teams to use since sports and clubs are a big thing at Arroyo. They have one of the best marching bands that constantly win awards and sports teams that always win championships. For example, the football team won CIF two years ago and are league champions for a couple years in a row now. Besides sports there are many clubs offered in the school so there is something for everyone that wants to be involved. There aren't really any negatives about the school besides things all schools have like the occasional fights.
I enjoy my time at Arroyo High School, and I believe that it offers me a good experience. This high school has an excellent football team, and good teachers and administrators that genuinely care about the students.
Arroyo High School is a very diverse school in El Monte. The only problem is that our school cares more about sports, rather than education, and I would like that to change. It would be more beneficial to students like me, to have equal care on both education and sports. The faculty on the other hand are very helpful. Our student resources can be better, with the help of more involvement from college alumnis, and college administrators.
Arroyo High was a really good high school, the teachers really did like engaging with their students. Felt like all the students were involved and didn't feel as though some students were excluded. I found my counselor very helpful as well, he would make sure I was on top of everything and made sure I knew my options for college. Overall I enjoyed my time at Arroyo High School and made some great memories and made some lifelong friends as well.
I really like Arroyo Valley because we have many academies such as Global Leadership, Digital Media, Teaching Academy and several more.
There are ups and downs to this school. But, all I can say that it's decent. While the campus is great and most of the teachers are funny and cool, few of them aren't particularly good and sometimes the school can be unorganized.
In my own perspective, Arroyo High School is a good environment for teenagers. Arroyo High School possesses a huge number of teachers who have many years experience in teaching as well as helpful counselors that are willing to listen to students' stories and give a good advices. Moreover, as a student who has spent 2 years in Arroyo High School, I have never heard bullies, drugs, or something negative. It also has lots of meaningful and fun activities such as Key Club, Science Club, etc. In brief, I am really proudly to introduce Arroyo High School to everybody.
I don't like the environment at Arroyo that much, there are more of bad students than good students and those students caused pressure to the teachers.
My experience at arroyo high school has been amazing as of my grades and my friends. the most important part of a school is the education and Arroyo has it, the teachers are always their to help you and are really friendly. I also like the sports where the couches prepare you and push you to do your best. Sports is quiet competitive in Arroyo. If I could something in Arroyo High school is the food that they provide because it is unhealthy and doesn't taste good. Their is option for getting salad in Arroyo but it doesn't taste good.
My overall experience at Arroyo High School was pretty good. The school continues to upgrade classrooms and materials which is nice. It isn't located in the best neighborhood. There have been quite a large amount of scandals regarding teachers' inappropriate behavior with students which is terrible. Most of the teachers truly care about their students but others are just really terrible. In some cases, more than half the class would be failing and yet the students are to blame. This should be improved by having the teachers address the problem instead of just telling students to blindly study. They are there to teach and guide.. The cafeteria food is decent and have decent salad choices. It is a pretty diverse community.
Arroyo is overall a very good school. The teachers and staff are great and there are many resources available to us students. I would like for the school to be a bit more organized and plan things out better. I would also like them to stay up to date with things that need maintenance (like the toilets).
It’s the best school in the nation! I love the spirit and activities at my school are full of fun and excitement!
Start Your Review of Arroyo High School
They need better teachers and faculty who care about the future of the kids. Focus less on sports and more on school.
It is a good school, other than a couple fights and some drama here and there (but what is high school without it), it was a great experience and I had a wonderful four years at this school.
Arroyo High School is a must-attend high school. As it as helped me, this school and their faculty within are always ready to help a student in need. They helped me with my class schedules to take the more necessary classes. And being a student at Arroyo is a privilege, every week, the student council develops fun and interesting activities and events that allow the student staff to connect more. Personally, Arroyo has an excellent academic system; offering a wide option of classes that will prepare you for higher levels of education. The school is also known for its athletic system. Arroyo has many sports that the students can join which include wrestling and softball. Overall, my experience at Arroyo has been exemplary. Because of the classes I’ve taken, I’m now ahead in credits for graduation. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I can later attend a 4-year university and earn a bachelors in art.