Arrowhead High School Reviews

Arrowhead has a great learning environment and even better teachers. I haven't had any teachers I can say I disliked.
The teachers were there to actually help you succeed, and if they can't they go out of their way to find resources that could potentially help you.
My time at Arrowhead High School was some of the best in my life! The challenging academics and successful sports teams made me proud to call myself a warhawk. One of my favorite memories was during homecoming week when the whole school would come together as a student body and dress up for the RED OUT!
Start Your Review of Arrowhead High School
I think that Arrowhead Highschool is a great school for academic achievement and college readiness, but it is centered mainly around sports and doesn’t offer much for the theater and arts programs.
Very good academically, but all the stereotypes here about the people are true. It is not very diverse, but has great sports programs.
Arrowhead is a great environment for students. It is high in academic involement overall, especially compared to other public schools. It is an encouraging environment for learning and social involement. Both sports and academics are highly competitive in an encouraging way. The area is also very safe. People are friendly, but it is not especially diverse.
Arrowhead provides a number of opportunities that other schools may not have, including a wide variety of sports, clubs, and other extracurricular activities. The teachers and other staff are amazing people and inspire students to reach their full potential. However, one thing I would like to see change is the attitude present in Arrowhead’s overall school environment, specifically that carried by students. Arrowhead has room for improvement in its openmindedness to diversity and uniqueness, in addition to promoting wholehearted motivation for success in learning. This can be implemented by opportunities and encouragement in creativity, openness, and true leadership for all.
I greatly enjoyed all of the opportunities that Arrowhead offered me. The teachers were friendly and helpful, and made the transition to college so much easier for me. My only problem with the school was how focused they were on the football team. Every few years they redid the turf, and I always heard rumors that they were planning on making the field an indoor football stadium. I wish they had spend more of their money on repairs for the school, or giving the teachers more supplies for their classrooms.
The teachers? Great. The sports? They have the spotlight? Broadway Company? Talented as always. However, the area in which it's placed lacks diversity and everyone at school is the same. White, upper-middle class citizens who take their quality education for granted. Not the most comfortable environment.
I have loved being a part of the Arrowhead community. Although it may have its challenges, like any high school does, we always find a way to get past it. This school challenges its students academically and also in sports and in life. I've become a better person for having been a part of it.
Arrowhead High School has a great staff. The teachers were always willing to help students succeed in their course work. A diverse range of extracurricular activities are offered at Arrowhead. It is difficult to not find a club or sport you are interested in. Therefore it is really easy to find people of similar interest and make friends. The student body and faculty are not racially diverse but have a diverse range of personalities. Due to being in a wealthy area there are students that are spoiled and egotistical. In my personal experience that was the aspect of Arrowhead I disliked the most. The athletics department at Arrowhead is well funded and extremely successful.
At Arrowhead, I really enjoyed most of my teachers and coaches. The majority of my teachers were willing and able to help me outside of class and truly enjoyed their job. I took 4 AP classes while at Arrowhead and 3 out of 4 of the teachers I had poorly prepared students for the AP exam. Practice tests were forgotten, class time was wasted and the grading scale was unclear/unfair compared to other AP classes.
I was (and am) very fortunate to attend Arrowhead High School as it has many fantastic academic and extra-curricular programs and activities. Many of the teachers are not only great at what they do, but care a great deal about their students and do what they can to help each student. That being said, there were also plenty that did not. I participated in Arrowhead's music program for all four years I attended. The program was very affective, fun, and inspiring. Overall the school could use improvements in it's priorities and atmosphere. The school spends an excess of money on sports when there are many facilities that need improvement, technologies updated, and programs funded. Although the performance of the school is excellent, the faculty need to focus more on educating people on not only the subject of the class, but how to study, how to be a mature person, and most importantly to love learning.
Arrowhead is a great high school with so many opportunities for all types of students. There is a wide array of classes to take, languages to study, sports to play, and people to meet. The teachers are very passionate about their subject matter, and they truly care about the students. Arrowhead is a place where everyone is welcome, and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to attend this school for my four high school years.
Teachers are very nice, but the school is so big you don't really get that one on one support from them. There is plenty of clubs and activities to choose from.
There are a lot of things that I liked about Arrowhead. I liked the teachers. They often encouraged me and other students to try to work through lessons on our own, but they were always there if we needed help or had questions. I liked the building. The campus always felt small enough to memorize and feel comfortable in, but it never felt so small that I was cramped and uncomfortable. Like every school, Arrowhead has its issues. Arrowhead is not good at communicating to teachers and students. They try but are often unsuccessful. Arrowhead also has a large population of students. There are always a lot of students in a class, and sometimes students have to push to be heard or seen over everyone else. Overall, my experience at Arrowhead was relatively positive.
I liked that there is something for everyone between sports, clubs, and after school activities but although there is something for everyone, no activity is as important as varsity sports.
Start Your Review of Arrowhead High School
The academics at Arrowhead High School are superb. We are one of the top high schools in the state in terms of academics. The school spirit is greater than average as is evidenced by our passion at athletic events. We have a wide variety of clubs; making it easy for many different students to get involved. However, we have very little racial or economic diversity. Our facilities are adequate, but the administration focuses too much of its attention on funding the football team. Other sports are not recognized to as much of an extent. I would like to see more funding go towards classrooms as well as bathrooms.
This school is horrible. If theres a problem with how they’re handling something they’ll yell and threaten with disciplinary action. Even if you just bring up that what they’re doing doesn’t help how the learning process. Teachers at this school will call other teachers on the phone and tell them that they can yell at students also. So unless you learn like the perfect robot student, you won’t do very well here. Don’t even try to argue your case. They won’t listen. Believe me. They’re stuck in their ways. It’s their way or nothing. They don’t care that each student has individual needs. That doesn’t matter. My child has had horrid expirences here over the years and I strongly recommend that you don’t send your kids here.
Arrowhead High School boasts that here at this school, there is something for everyone. This is fairly true. With dozens of clubs and dozens of sports teams, there is plenty for someone to get involved in. In my four years here, I have grown as a student, thinker, and overall person. One has the ability to be flexible in their studies and it truly sets up its students for success later on in life. If I had not gone to this school, gone through the special programs it offers, and made the friends that I did here, my post-secondary school options would not be as bright as they are now.