Arnold O. Beckman High School Reviews

I really enjoyed some of the people and teachers I met here! Although some work and tests in some classes were not very well-planned, the majority was enjoyable and I had fun.
I liked how some teachers did more than their job and even went out of the way to help students. Also how diverse the students are that we are able to learn more about each culture through the person.
So far, I have had very good teachers who truly care about my progress in their classes. For example, Mr. Kim offers weekly Sunday study sessions from 10:00AM - 2:00PM, while Mr. Chow operates a non-school funded, yet a completely school supported Medical Certificate Program for all students who are, or might be, interested in the medical field. Both teachers are doing these and other selfless acts, just to support students like myself.
Start Your Review of Arnold O. Beckman High School
Overall, I really enjoyed Beckman High School. For the most part teachers were awesome. I felt that it really prepared me for college. Due to this, the transition was easy.
Arnold O. Beckman high school is one of the most diverse high schools in the country! I had the pleasure of being able to be surrounded by so many different cultures and ethnic people. I had a great 4 years at this school and taking Honors and AP courses my last two years of high school really helped me be ready for college.
I feel that Beckman not only has a great academic program but is also thriving in athletics, activities, and the arts. The encouragement that the school has on being a well rounded student really helps after graduation going into college.
The school itself has a nice campus and good academics but that is all it is, friendships there are hard to find and if you aren't a math wiz you will never get past algebra due to poor math teachers. There is no fun activities and the rules are so strict it feels like a prison, the only thing going for it is the academics. 67
Attending Beckman High School was such a fun experience, I miss all of my friends and teachers, I played football all four years and I'd have to say that made it the best four years of my life yet, I wish I could rewind back to it. The majority of my teachers were excellent and they all helped me out, science had to be my favorite subject because it was more hands on and I was really good at it and with that I made the decision of majoring in Biology. Being at Beckman High School was the best and I will never forget it.
Arnold O. Beckman High School is a very challenging and competitive school. However, the teachers need to be balanced as for example, our math department has a really smart teacher for higher level maths, but the teachers at the lower levels are not as advanced. This then caused me to drop to Pre-Calculus regular because I could not handle the honors teacher. Some of the teachers also need to be more considerate. One teacher did not give me make ups because I was absent for a school event. Some teachers also think that their class is the most important class while we students have other activities and do not have the time to do the amount of work they give us.
The opportunities that I have had at Beckman are truly once in a lifetime. I have been given the opportunity to march through Disneyland, participate in a Hallmark Channel movie's production, and help in building a nanosatellite that is set to launch tomorrow (fingers crossed). The staff at Beckman truly cares about its students' academic growth but even more importantly about their well-being and growth as a person. I am only disappointed that there are only twenty-four hours in a day. An additional hour or two would aid in completing homework.
Beckman High School helped me greatly with my own transition into college. Their early college program helped me advance my studies and focus on classes I wanted to take from the beginning of my college career.
Arnold O. Beckman High School is overall a phenomenal high school with friendly students and school staff. The school teachers and the faculty always try their best to help students succeed their life beyond, and continue to encourage everyone to have dreams and hopes.
Overall, Beckman was a solid school for academics, sports, and extracurriculars. I felt that my teachers were kind and truly cared about helping us achieve our goals and do well in school. When it came time to college application, our school prepared us early and had us thinking about colleges even in junior year.
Arnold O. Beckman High School has been a pleasure to attend for the past three years. As a look forward to my senior year, I reflect on all the benefits Beckman has offered me. World class educators, modern technology, a plethora of opportunities. As a freshman, I was welcomed into the school through the Link Cru program, in which I am now a current leader. Some aspects for improvement would be to offer more classes per schedule (block scheduling), increase administrative efficiency, and host more school spirit events.
Beckman was overall a great high school to go to. Most of the teachers are very kind and want to help you succeed, but like any school, there are also some that do not teach well. The student body at Beckman is relatively welcoming in comparison to the atmosphere at other high schools, however, this is something that is subject to change based on each graduating class and whether or not students are willing to step out of their comfort zones and choose to be intentionally kind. Overall, the school is great and prepares you for academic challenges either more-so or as a great stepping stone. One thing I would like to see change is if most of the administrative staff could increase their ability to welcome students and treat them so they do not feel like their motives are being judged (while there are students who take advantage of the system, there are others who do not and are being treated on a stereotype that does not reflect the entire school population).
If I could give this school no stars I would. My experience was disgusting with the teachers and sports. I am a high level athlete who expected more recognition for achievements. This school has a terrible culture and horrible administrators. Do not send your child here. Transferring to a private catholic school was by far the best decision I have made in my entire life.
I really enjoyed this high school because they did a great job at preparing me for college. They offer so many programs and classes that will help students get college level ready.
Start Your Review of Arnold O. Beckman High School
My experience throughout the past three years has been phenomenal. The range of learning is extraordinary from complex coding to friendship gaining. I would highly recommend to those who would love to have a fun and educational experience with not only your teachers, but also your friends.
Coming into Beckman my freshman year, I felt very welcomed and comfortable. My teachers were really kind and helped use get used to high school. My classmates- whether they were older or the same age as me- were really nice and helped me through my freshman year. Beckman is really accepting and diverse and makes every new student feel safe and welcomed.
I love the diversity at this school. The opportunities are endless here at Beckman High School. The staff is always there to help you and never lets you down. The teachers are super helpful and offer extra help when you are struggling.