Armuchee High School is an above average, public school located in Rome, GA. It has 559 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Armuchee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B108 Students
- C100 Students
- A+89 Students
- B+78 Students
- B+70 Students
- C+62 Students
- C+61 Students
- B-59 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Armuchee High School Reviews
Armuchee High School is the only school I would want to attend. Despite its lack of diversity among the student body, the school spirit, faculty and staff, and surrounding community make one of the smallest schools is North Georgia seem like the best and the biggest. Armuchee offers several clubs, activities, and sports for most interests. Students have been exceptionally prepared for the college or workplace environment through AP and Honors courses, dual enrollment courses, the Private Learning Center, College & Career Academy, internships with businesses and employers, and several other opportunities. Armuchee's test scores prove that these aforementioned classes, along with the teachers and administration, are truly working. Armuchee High is a wonderful school in a small, wonderful town, and my experiences there are ones I will never forget nor regret.
I have enjoyed my time at Armuchee. The teachers definitely push their students to make sure they are ready for college. The students are friendly and invested in school. Even though we have the highest test scores in the county, the school and facilities are very outdated. The WiFi goes in and out, the buildings are falling apart, and the roof leaks, causing many trash cans to be placed out in the hall whenever it rains in order to catch a leak. Although the school is outdated, there are some improvements currently happening, like updating the security and improving the WiFi, and there are plans to renovate the school to bring it up to today's standards. Overall, Armuchee will receive some much needed renovation to match the great academics.
I have always enjoyed going to school, I enjoy starting my day off early with an hour to socialize with friends about our day or homework. It's also a time where I take advantage and study or do homework. The staff at my schoolisgreat, I know the lunch ladies are my favorite. With the school being part of a small community, it encourages others to get to know each other very easily. There are not much of the stereotypical clique.