Armstrong High School Reviews

My experience at Armstrong was filled with a lot of high and lows. The start of my school year i hated going to school because it was different from my other school. The way the school is setup the student are given school materials that are out of date or written on by past students. The best thing their is the support of the teachers because they know what the students go through out side of school.
What I love the most about Armstrong is the Staff really helps to push me to my potential that my mom always told me I have. My sports coaches are like fathers to some of us who don't have a father in our lives. My teachers and coaches are like family they help me and other students in any area that's needed. My teachers help to pay for some kids prom that parents couldn't afford it. At Armstrong we are a community of low income big hearts and bigger dreamers. At Armstrong I have been taught to fight for my success because I can achieve what ever it is that I put my mind to.
I am a senior at this school and I can honestly say that I've had a wonderful time. Attending this school helped me mature as a person and learn that not all certain situation need an reaction. Thanks to Armstrong I've had my first job, got accepted to my dream college, and other fun things such as Leadership program. This school is only what you make it.
Start Your Review of Armstrong High School
My overall experience at Armstrong High was great although they're were many distraction which I didn't get involved in because I was only focusing on graduating in the top 10 . At Armstrong high school they're were many great teachers, counselors, and staff who was always willing to help when needed. During the time of my freshman and sophomore year I joined the Armstrong marching band, which led me to meet so many energetic positive students who were already attending the school before me and team were very welcoming due to my shyness. When my junior year was approaching I decided not to return to the marching band but was accepted into the dual enrollment dental assisting program which was 2 years which was the best two years ever and it was just a great time to meet so many wonderful classmates who was very caring and willing to participate in every thing the teacher assigned. Final year, I knew I met the requirements to graduate.
This is my first year at Armstring. Its nothing like I thought, its not that bad of a school although many things can improve. If u ever been to blackwell or Thomson (Elkhart Thomson) then you'll be fine. If u haven't then it might be a new experience for u but just stay calm and be cool and you'll be fine.
By each student come from a different background they want something out of life but don't know where to start. You might think what you see on the news is right but you don't walk the halls every day like I do. I go to school with people who loses someone from gun violence. I have walked the halls with students who have died not a year after they graduated. We do have to students that become parents at a young age but they still graduate. I know that does justify why we riot or fight but some people do have to realize Armstrong is field with different project where kids are now growing up to claim a street they do not own or did not create but they fight and sadly kill over it. You cannot judge the school by what you hear on the news because there are some good students in the building they are just being shadowed by students I believe need more guidance base of the situations some of them been through.
My Exprience with Armstrong has been very interesting. I noticed that a lot of things in our school need to be changed immediately but in my opinion the Mayor in our city dosen't care about our school since we're a unaccredited school. We're also surrounded by four projrects in aour area so that kinda effects the way the students act in our school if you ask me. But if i could change one thing about Armstrong High School It would be the whole school because the school is really old to the point its breaking down slowly and the supplies we have are not up to date mainly becasuse the school doesn't have a lot a money to support that it. The teachers, principle, and staff can stay because most of them try at least help the students pass instead of failing.
Armstrong is ok but I think it needs more adjustments. Teachers there are respectful but you will encounter some self-absorbed and careless ones as well. I have always been a student that most teachers love and gets the best help needed if not by the counselors themselves.
Armstrong high school has a rich history and background regarding African American education and this year it is our mission our mission to restore our legacy within the school and community. Armstrong is located in the heart of our urban neighborhood which provide a strong culture among students. The school used to have the name Kennedy High School which transfered to Armstrong-Kennedy to later on dropping the last name and keeping Armstrong for good. Although students from these urban areas attend this school, we try to make the best out of what we have and what is provided to us. Sometimes it may not be the best but we continue to push through and make full accredidation.
it was only okay because like my friends and stuff like that
The teachers are very okay only because it depends on what type of teacher u have
They keep our school very safe
The after school programs at my school are a great and safe way to keep many students off the streets. And the different types of programs makes it so much easier to explore creativity and personal interest
So far these 2 years that I've been at Armstrong have been fun, the different experiences are awesome.
The teachers at this school go above and beyond when it comes to educating us an making sure we have what is needed before we ever step foot on that stage to graduate.
If you are a dedicated student with a good head on your shoulders then this is the school for you because there aren't many kids with that mindset sadly, so there are a great amount of opportunities NOT being taken. The issue of its graduation rate and graduate to college ratio is not the schools fault, it is the communities that these students come from, the teachers care, the parents don't.
The classes are very versatile. We had a wide range of class for everyone
Start Your Review of Armstrong High School
The school is a landmark, so the building is old. I think it could use a paint job and and a new bathroom. College advisers are great. They make sure we meet deadlines on time, and have everything we need .
Overall the school itself does not have a great reputation, but we are a working progress. I actually loved Armstrong, it will always be home to me. The School is working with community leaders, parents, and staff to help make the school a better place for all low income based children.
School makes dress codes, bullying, and and attendance very clear in our student code of conduct book. It is straight forward for the most part. It states all do's and don'ts and and disciplinary action taking if rules are broken.