Armijo High School Reviews

Armijo High School is a very diverse school where you definitely have to search for where to belong to. I think there are groups in which everyone can eventually fit in. I joined cross country and track&field my sophomore year and it was the best decision. I found friends I can relate to and these people have become my family. I know sports in our school create strong bonds. The leadership program does what it can but at the end of the day there are still some students that don’t participate and encourage our school spirit.
I really loved the school spirit and the IB/ leadership program, it helped me meet so many new people!
The school is very diverse and the quality of education is very good and up to date especially since they have the Ib program
Start Your Review of Armijo High School
I loved the diversity of all the students attending the school. There are many cultures that you can learn about and many activities that you can join. I took part in the IB program that really challenged me and prepared me for college, which was great.
Despite being a rather large school the teachers show effort to connect with their students. There is also a large diversity of students coming from a large range of backgrounds which I really enjoy because I get to learn a lot about people who are different than I am. The sports teams I have been a part of have also provided a lot of opportunity for fun and success so that is a positive thing as well. If there are people interested in running I do recommend Armijo for their running sports due to the high success they could reach. The school also hosts a lot of really fun events for students and the community that build a sense of closeness, for example a welcoming barbecue for incoming freshman and their families as well as a Christmas Party in which underprivileged kids receive gifts, meet Santa, and make crafts/play games. The only downside to the school is that the buildings themselves are relatively old and dated.
Armijo High School has become my second home throughout these four years. Learning, growing, and expanding within the walls of this legendary school. Blossoming into a lady I'd never knew I had the capability to fulfill. Being granted the opportunity of education is by far one of the greatest gifts within this abrupt society we face. The acceptance and diverse home we've all learned to accommodate in to has not only grown with us, but for us. For acceptance is the politest form of appreciation there is. Armijo High School had that power to influence my growing experience.
My years at Armijo High School was amazing, and I strongly recommend this high school for anyone who is thinking about doing the IB program, JROTC, and any other programs. Armijo has a lot of programs,p and clubs that will make you feel welcome to the school.
What I like about Armijo is that everybody is able to find the perfect friend group that suits them the best. The teachers really understand that you have extracurricular activities and want to help with studying. If you have questions they definitely help you and want you to succeed.
Some of the teachers are better than others but overall, the school doesn't provide much direction to the underachieving students which results in a huge amount of unmotivated adults directly entering the workforce or going to a community college with no direction or realistic goals.
Armijo High School is a diverse school that has much to offer many students. There is a high level and advanced experience for the students who enroll in the International Baccalaureate Program. This program allows students to become "world citizens" and gain "global perspective" while also obtaining college credits if the students exams are passed. While this program brings many positive aspects to the school there is an undeniable lack of respect and unruliness that is brought primarily by the students in the standard classes. This mix of people both IB and CP students brings a great deal of diversity and a unique mix of culture that is little found else ware. The staff and administration works their hardest to maintain a safe and educational environment regardless of the situation. While the reality is that Armijo could use improvements in many areas, it's an accepting and diverse school that will continue to grow and become better as the years go on.
The school of armijo has a lot of high points. When the students are willing to pay attention the teachers teach at a very high level. I'm very satisfied with my experience so far at Armijo.
Overall my experience at Armijo has been really good. I've played soccer all 4 years and we have been very successful. The IB program is a strenuous program, but I believe it will benefit me in the long run. This program is to prepare high school students for college. There are some teachers, however, aren't that good in teaching, so you kind of have to teach yourself. It has been a good and fun environment to be in.
I like Armijo High School because the IB program and math department has good teachers who want you to succeed. The infrastructure however is lacking greatly due to most of the buildings being very old and not having enough space. The athletics such as swimming, volleyball, track & field, and softball are great because they have good coaches and have performed well in games and meets, and the athletic environment is welcoming and fun. The arts programs are great because the teachers are very supportive. The student run activities are fun and gets the students involved. Overall I would say that my experience has been good, however I hope that Armijo and the FSUSD district will fix the appearance of the school and fund the athletics and arts more.
The teachers become a huge supportive base not just instructors that you see everyday. The staff is probably the highlight of the school
My experience at Armijo High School was a challenge but well worth my time and effort. The extra curricular activities were great!
Armijo was a really great school, I miss going to sports events and cheerleading the most. If there was something that could change, I think it would be nice if the school really payed attention to each student and help them get to where they are trying to go in life as far as knowledge.
Armijo was a great experience for me, I was able to grow as a person whether it dealt with hardships or amazing times. Armijo is a great school community and it also helps with the outside community, there isn't much I'd change.
Start Your Review of Armijo High School
This school isn't really great, there is no motivation in the teachers or students whatsoever, but the class of 2016 has made my experience here much better. I feel as if my sophomore-junior year was terrible, but during my senior year, PROM and all the other senior activities was what made high school memorable and fun.
Very good academics and sports programs, but the facilities are not of good quality. The teachers are very helpful, but the administration could be more organized and efficient.
As a senior in the IB program, I have seen many benefits and nonbenefits to the school. The educational staff are amazing, they do their best to connect with the students and ensure that everyone can reach their fullest potentials. Of course there are some teachers that are not like this, but that is to be expected in any school. The facilities are not very sanitary. The bathrooms are regularly trashed, never have toilet paper,soap,etc.Even after numerous weeks the staff will not replace the soap in the dispensers. I am displeased with half of the staff in the office. Those working there are not personable and are almost always rude or provide rude remarks. However,the sports and clubs at Armijo are very loved and student involved. The sports and clubs provide a great experience for all. Armijo High school is advanced and great in its sports programs and they provide safe and fun environments for all participants. Overall, I enjoy my experience at Armijo.