Armijo High School Reviews

Armijo High School is a great school if you are in the IB Program. If you are in that program then naturally your college readiness and teachers are better. The diverse student population is the best thing about Armijo. Things I would like to see changed is the schools facilities. The school is over 125 years old and renovations are a necessity.
I am an 18 year-old high school senior who has experienced nearly 4 years at this high school. All in all, the school has mostly good teachers/staff. There is a great library, modern office. Many different types of classes are also offered.
Armijo High School had a good academic program and a decent sports program. AP and IB classes were offered at this school. Many graduates of this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Start Your Review of Armijo High School
Armijo High School has a variety of different experiences that are both positive and negative. The positives about Armijo includes the numerous number of sports with amazing school spirit. Armijo also has the IB program which helps a lot for students who are willing to push harder and the experience the college rigourousness. Some negatives about the Armijo High School includes the less participation of students in school events. Another negative is the number of fights and the quality of food that is served in the cafetaria.
Armijo High is a very friendly place for you to be yourself. Teachers and students are very friendly to each other they make your school experience comfortable.
The education I have received at Armijo can be described as outstanding. I am part of the IB program which is a very rigorous program where students really have to put all of their effort and time into the work that is given to them. Some faculty members are not as welcoming and do not take into consideration of your feelings at times. I would like teachers and staff members to be understanding and caring towards the students on campus.
Armijo High School is an interesting school, in which there are examples of individuals who are well educated due to the many education-oriented programs located there (such as the International Baccalaureate Program). These students are given a fair amount of resources to work on their skills needed in college and throughout life. This, combined with the well-balanced diversity of cultures on campus, has left me satisfied with my experience as an Armijo alumni.

With that being said, there are some downsides to the campus. A fair amount of the facilities are under-maintained or are in disrepair (in contrast to the new administration office and the new library), most notably the bathrooms which are always unsanitary due to their age, lack of maintenance, and due to the actions of some students.
Armijo was an amazing experience and I felt I developed in such a positive way. Also, the school offered the IB program which pushes you to become an outward thinker.
Armijo High School is a very diverse school where you definitely have to search for where to belong to. I think there are groups in which everyone can eventually fit in. I joined cross country and track&field my sophomore year and it was the best decision. I found friends I can relate to and these people have become my family. I know sports in our school create strong bonds. The leadership program does what it can but at the end of the day there are still some students that don’t participate and encourage our school spirit.
I really loved the school spirit and the IB/ leadership program, it helped me meet so many new people!
The school is very diverse and the quality of education is very good and up to date especially since they have the Ib program
I loved the diversity of all the students attending the school. There are many cultures that you can learn about and many activities that you can join. I took part in the IB program that really challenged me and prepared me for college, which was great.
Despite being a rather large school the teachers show effort to connect with their students. There is also a large diversity of students coming from a large range of backgrounds which I really enjoy because I get to learn a lot about people who are different than I am. The sports teams I have been a part of have also provided a lot of opportunity for fun and success so that is a positive thing as well. If there are people interested in running I do recommend Armijo for their running sports due to the high success they could reach. The school also hosts a lot of really fun events for students and the community that build a sense of closeness, for example a welcoming barbecue for incoming freshman and their families as well as a Christmas Party in which underprivileged kids receive gifts, meet Santa, and make crafts/play games. The only downside to the school is that the buildings themselves are relatively old and dated.
Armijo High School has become my second home throughout these four years. Learning, growing, and expanding within the walls of this legendary school. Blossoming into a lady I'd never knew I had the capability to fulfill. Being granted the opportunity of education is by far one of the greatest gifts within this abrupt society we face. The acceptance and diverse home we've all learned to accommodate in to has not only grown with us, but for us. For acceptance is the politest form of appreciation there is. Armijo High School had that power to influence my growing experience.
My years at Armijo High School was amazing, and I strongly recommend this high school for anyone who is thinking about doing the IB program, JROTC, and any other programs. Armijo has a lot of programs,p and clubs that will make you feel welcome to the school.
What I like about Armijo is that everybody is able to find the perfect friend group that suits them the best. The teachers really understand that you have extracurricular activities and want to help with studying. If you have questions they definitely help you and want you to succeed.
Some of the teachers are better than others but overall, the school doesn't provide much direction to the underachieving students which results in a huge amount of unmotivated adults directly entering the workforce or going to a community college with no direction or realistic goals.
Start Your Review of Armijo High School
Armijo High School is a diverse school that has much to offer many students. There is a high level and advanced experience for the students who enroll in the International Baccalaureate Program. This program allows students to become "world citizens" and gain "global perspective" while also obtaining college credits if the students exams are passed. While this program brings many positive aspects to the school there is an undeniable lack of respect and unruliness that is brought primarily by the students in the standard classes. This mix of people both IB and CP students brings a great deal of diversity and a unique mix of culture that is little found else ware. The staff and administration works their hardest to maintain a safe and educational environment regardless of the situation. While the reality is that Armijo could use improvements in many areas, it's an accepting and diverse school that will continue to grow and become better as the years go on.
The school of armijo has a lot of high points. When the students are willing to pay attention the teachers teach at a very high level. I'm very satisfied with my experience so far at Armijo.
Overall my experience at Armijo has been really good. I've played soccer all 4 years and we have been very successful. The IB program is a strenuous program, but I believe it will benefit me in the long run. This program is to prepare high school students for college. There are some teachers, however, aren't that good in teaching, so you kind of have to teach yourself. It has been a good and fun environment to be in.