Armada High School Reviews

I moved here my sophomore year of high school. I definitely think the curriculum is very rigorous and challenging in a good way!
Great school and great community! I enjoyed my education while there, the faculty are there to help and genuinely care about their students. There is a strong need for the arts and the school does a good job supporting these groups.
I liked how when something devastating in the community happened like cancers or death of students happened the school would try to find ways to help the family.
Start Your Review of Armada High School
I really enjoyed the connections I could make with people in my graduating class as well as my clubs/sports. Because the school is small, it allowed me to know my teachers and classmates well and have a personal connection with most of them. One thing I did not like was the lack of diversity - there is not really any cultural diversity, but that is more because of the small town. It doesn’t allow the students to be introduced to other people, places, and religions that can even be found in our home state. It made me very naive going into the “real world”. I did not fully understand the effects some events had on other people.
I really like the community atmosphere and the wide variety of classes students are allowed to take. The teacher are very supportive of and helpful to students. There are many resources available to students and the school really does want the best for them. It is a small school so knowing most people in your grade is pretty common.
Some of the teacher really care about the students and their education, but a lot of the staff members like the counselors, who do not seem to care much when students come to them with valuable information.
Armada High School provides as best of an education possible for being such a small institution. They try to provide as many opportunities as possible and are always improving on their functionality.
In Armada, I loved the opportunities they gave me to realize what I'm good at. Like their medical programs. They offer a wide range of medical courses that help inspire students to chase after their dreams in the medical field. Not only is there medicine, but also theatre, band, cheerleading, dance, and writing! The only thing I'd like to see change, is the community. Armada is such a small town and small school, I would love to see more and more people come in and experience the educational programs Armada offers!
At Armada High School, just as the students vary, so do the teachers so depending on who you get can make or break your GPA. Additionally, there is only one good counselor their but she seems to be in and out at times. You eventually get to know most of the kids there as well as what most them do. There is a plethora of clubs to join whether they are for fun or help you find out your path in life. Additionally, those clubs and extracurriculars can become your home and the members, your family. Some classes have serious students, but more often than not, you get classes with students who all they want to do is good off and hold the class back. Overall, what you put into your life there and how you manipulate it is what you are going to get out of it.
The teachers are amazing! And our new principle really cares about her students and goes out of her way to put a smile on our faces.
Overall experience was good, teaching was good and the academics were very good. Sports are not the strong points of the school, however it can be competitive but this school is more focused for the education. I find the teachers are really helpful and are very nice towards students.
Very tight community, but not a diverse experience. The time spent here I learned many life skills that I can use in adulthood, and the student involvement is always expected.
Horrible...
The only thing this school has going for it is its performaning arts program. Overall the schools teachers are very about favoritism and won’t help anyone unless loved by the teacher. The sports lose every game but get all the funding... I don’t get it... I would not recommend and let us not forget the superintendent who doesn’t know what her is doing and wasting money... overall do not go here
I had a great time there and made many friends. I had the top marks and also attended Macomb Academy of Arts and Sciences.
My experience at Armada High School is not at all what I thought it would be. I, like many other students, had a rough time during my high school years. I mostly expected that part of growing up, but I didn't expect that my school would sit by, watch this happen, and not help. School should be a safe place were learning is the number one focus and the students are the number one priority. Teachers need to stand up and be involved instead of letting bad behavior slide. Students should be shaped to be responsible, respectful young adults and Armada does not encourage this. Instead they reward students who look perfect on paper but whose character is the complete opposite. Innovation and thinking outside the box are not a focus here and this is a critical time in a child's life to develop and understand of the world around them. I believe with proper change this school can improve, but as of right now it is an uninspiring and dull atmosphere and I am glad to be leaving this year.
I love the teaching staff, the Macomb Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the music program (orchestra). I specifically love Mr. Becker, Mr. Bobek, Mrs. Skokna, Mr. Woznicki, Mr. Carlson, and Mr. Hundey.
I loved my high school experience. I had a great group of close knit friends. The classes I took were good and readied me for college. I gained a lot of knowledge with the A/P classes and Pre-calc. The teachers were mostly awesome at teaching and helping us understand what we needed to know and learn. BPA was also great. I am now in BPA in college. The counseling staff was excellent in helping us get ready for college and help with transcripts and all. Our graduation ceremony was awesome and so were all the other things like the all night party, camping out on the football field, etc. I really miss being in High School at Armada. There is not much to improve just keep it fun and interesting for all the students.
Start Your Review of Armada High School
I like that there are classes offered to people who want to go into specific areas. For example theatre, dance, and trades.
Most of the clubs that we have are pretty good. The people who take charge of it are constantly on top of everything and making sure the members are enjoying their selves.
My experience at this school was the best. It's a small school so it allowed for me to have a personal relationship with all the teachers and a lot of the students. It allowed me to get help when I needed it because the teachers weren't strangers. Being at armada allowed me to have a special armada moment. Where in big towns you don't get that. Going to armada was truly special and I wouldn't trade it for the world.