Armada High School is an above average, public school located in Armada, MI. It has 699 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Armada High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B109 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+67 Students
- A+58 Students
- C+55 Students
- B+51 Students
- B+48 Students
- B+41 Students
- B39 Students
- B35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Armada High School
- BAlmont High School
- Almont Community Schools, MI
- 128 reviews
- BAnchor Bay High School
- Anchor Bay School District, MI
- 258 reviews
- BRichmond Community High School
- Richmond Community Schools, MI
- 97 reviews
- C+Romeo High School
- Romeo Community Schools, MI
- 261 reviews
Armada High School Reviews
In Armada, I loved the opportunities they gave me to realize what I'm good at. Like their medical programs. They offer a wide range of medical courses that help inspire students to chase after their dreams in the medical field. Not only is there medicine, but also theatre, band, cheerleading, dance, and writing! The only thing I'd like to see change, is the community. Armada is such a small town and small school, I would love to see more and more people come in and experience the educational programs Armada offers!
At Armada High School, just as the students vary, so do the teachers so depending on who you get can make or break your GPA. Additionally, there is only one good counselor their but she seems to be in and out at times. You eventually get to know most of the kids there as well as what most them do. There is a plethora of clubs to join whether they are for fun or help you find out your path in life. Additionally, those clubs and extracurriculars can become your home and the members, your family. Some classes have serious students, but more often than not, you get classes with students who all they want to do is good off and hold the class back. Overall, what you put into your life there and how you manipulate it is what you are going to get out of it.
I loved my high school experience. I had a great group of close knit friends. The classes I took were good and readied me for college. I gained a lot of knowledge with the A/P classes and Pre-calc. The teachers were mostly awesome at teaching and helping us understand what we needed to know and learn. BPA was also great. I am now in BPA in college. The counseling staff was excellent in helping us get ready for college and help with transcripts and all. Our graduation ceremony was awesome and so were all the other things like the all night party, camping out on the football field, etc. I really miss being in High School at Armada. There is not much to improve just keep it fun and interesting for all the students.