Arlington High School Reviews

I loved the teachers and the academic programs available. They offered so many different options of classes to take to find what interested you and what you would possibly want to go into as a career.
Arlington is a large school with a large community. Its community felt like another family to me. The only thing I would like to see change in my school is the way students and teachers get along. Some teachers are cool and connect well with the students. Others don't seem to inviting.
While attending AHS, I was part of the Marching Band. I found being part of this amazing program taught me discipline, how to be part of a team atmosphere, and the marching band directors were very professional. We won the National Class two years in a row!!
Start Your Review of Arlington High School
I loved how involved the teachers were in their students. They all cared and wanted everyone to succeed. The counselors also did an excellent job helping every one of us with college applications and our well-being. This must have been a difficult task considering there was over 800 in my graduating class.
It is overall a good school that motivates their students to do well. There are like a hundred different classes to take so it is easy to find their interests. There are also different activities to be apart of after school which is great for students who want to find friends with similar interests.
Teachers for the most part cared about students, guidance counselor was always there for us. My family is very sports oriented so in a big school, being a part of a team helped them to find a niche but if they were not in a sport there were many opportunities for clubs
Communication could be better.
I love the music program there. One of the greatest programs there. Every teacher cares about the students and are the kindest people I've ever met.
When I transferred to Arlington High School, I was welcomed by both the students and staff. They made my transition as comfortable as possible and guided me every step of the way. I value Arlington mostly because of their vast array of clubs and sports. Before Arlington, I attended a small charter school that didn't value sports and clubs as much and so when I became part of Arlington's community I was overly ecstatic to see how many options I had. Arlington also stands out to me because of the diversity among the student-faculty, which increased my comfortability. If I had to change one thing about Arlington I would push for higher security in the school due to their very large population. However, overall I can proudly say that Arlington High School is a school that prepares their students mentally for the real world.
Arlington High School is a very good public school. I have had many great experiences while attending this school. The teachers are amazing and prepare their students for the next level in a very effective and efficient manner.
Arlington is a large school with close to 4,000 students. With its size, Arlington provides a diverse array of classes and activities for all students to get involved in.
Arlington High School is a very wonderful place. They offer so many different programs and clubs, you could find anything you wanted there. Anything you can think of, we probably have a club for. We also are very fortunate to be able to offer incredible courses like computer programing, music, culinary and many more. I would not want to go to any other school. Arlington High School is incredible and I am very lucky to have been given the opportunity to go there.
They offer a wide variety of clubs and sports to get involved with and the education that the teachers provide is excellent.
Love the elective class options and the class offerings on your interest and many after school activities.
Many people don't look back on their high school years with joy. However, I, in contrast, loved high school, and I believe this is because I was fortunate enough to be at such a great school. I've learned a lot in the last 4 years; not only in my academic studies, but also from life lessons from my experiences here. The teachers are probably the best part. Many are unique, and all of them have showed interest in their students' success, and I can look back on many of them with great fondness and gratefulness. The possibilities are limitless with activities, as there's at least one club that fits someone, and many of them are extensive and full of opportunities. The facilities in the older parts of the school could use renovation, but overall the school doesn't look too bad.
Arlington was big high school and was a little overwhelming when attending as a freshman. There was a lot of support when arriving the first day from teachers and administrative. I loved attending school sporting events and even played many myself. There were a lot of opportunities in different areas of interest (sports, art, music, mechanics, etc.), which helped students find what they enjoyed doing.
Arlington overall has given me a great school experience. The teachers that care about their students that actually try to get to know their students are amazing and they do anything in their power to prepare their students for the real world.
I have had a wonderful three years at AHS so far. I've made lots of new friends, and have learned lots. I've gotten to take really cool engineering and marine biology classes. AHS offers an abundance of awesome electives so you can get an idea of what you want to major in before you get to college, like culinary arts, forensic science, creative writing, car mechanics and much more. I feel that the guidance counselors are only focused on getting you into college, but I guess that's a good thing. The school is cliquey, but not in a bad way. I feel like everyone accepts everyone; cliques basically leave each other alone, but aren't exclusive, don't bully each other. There are the band kids, the theatre kids, the athletes, the mathletes, and yet we are one big, mostly (there are always a few) accepting community.
Start Your Review of Arlington High School
Arlington High School has opened my eyes and provided me with more opportunities then I thought I would need or want. It has brought me out of my shell and I have discovered things about myself that have helped me grow and prepare for college in ways I did not think were significant.
My experience was okay at best. All of my teachers that I had were wonderful. The major problem for me is the school administration. For six years, I kept telling them about verbal harassment from fellow students and the field hockey coaches as well just because the students were athletes and super popular along with the coaches being popular as well. If you are not a popular kid, an athlete, or a problem student, then you are a nobody and a ghost in the district.
I loved Arlington high school. I'm a proud 2016 alumni. I enjoyed my experience there due to all the teachers, staff, and students. There are SO many clubs and sport teams to join at Arlington. There are also so many diverse classes you can take there. Other high schools around this area don't offer some of the classes that Arlington does which made the experience that much better.