Arlington High School Reviews

I think that the school, itself, is amazing. The tradition is rich, and the alumni association is enormous. Since our previous principal left, the school has never felt the same, but our new principal is getting better and better. He has giant shoes to fill, so he has had a large amount of pressure. While it was real rough at the beginning of his time as principal 3 years ago, I believe that he did pretty well this past 2016-2017 year.
I believe if Arlington High School emphasized their dedication to academics and other school activities more than sports, the students as a whole would improve in their studies. While attending this school, many of the students not in honors classes were often neglected or given mediocre work that did not help them or improve their academics in any way.
Great experience. I played soccer all the coaches and players were friendly, had a great time. Teachers and administrations were there for help.
Start Your Review of Arlington High School
It use to be a really good school but it is going down hill. I feel like there are a lot of safety issues and racial issues.
My overall experience wasn't as bad as it would have been if I had went somewhere else. The students could have been nicer, but you can't really help that part. The staff was always happy and supportive. As long as you tried and attempted to understand, the teachers would work with you and your grades. The bathrooms were always nice and clean, as well as the hallways. I really enjoyed my 4 years here and wouldn't have wanted to spend it anywhere else! Kick 'em!!!
I love how I am able to be open about myself and be able to make meaningful friends because of it. If there is any problem among the students relation with the school, then solution would be compromised to be fair for the students.
The school is great. The teachers are very caring and knowledgeable and the administration tries their hardest to constantly improve the school. The only downside is the lack of control that the staff has over the student body as well as the cleanliness of the restrooms.
It really is just a great high school to send your child to! As an alumni, the atmosphere is so amazing. the teachers I came to have, made me a better student and person
What I liked about Arlington High School is how much school spirit and pride and that people have for the school. And how they go all out for spirit day when either our football, soccer, basketball, etc. has a game and they even come out to watch us and cheer to victory whether its raining or sunny out their is still people their to cheer on our school. And, how everyone has each other back like family. That,s what I like about Arlington High School.
Arlington High School, just as every school does, had its ups and downs. In my personal opinion, it always seemed to me that a lot of the staff was more interested in getting a paycheck, rather than being there to help their students. Besides that, the school was a fun environment. With the multiple pep rallies, spirit days, and sporting events, there was always something fun to do if you were ever having a boring day.
Arlington high school is a place full of spirit, pride, and tradition. I take full pride in calling myself a "colt". This is my 3rd year at AHS and it have been amazing! I've met talent and incredible people who take their position in different clubs very seriously. There are so many awesome people at AHS who are willing to guide you. The counselors are outstanding, they really work hard to help the students at AHS, not only that but they are really friendly. The teachers are magnificent! Day in and day out the teachers at AHS work incredibly hard to help the students achieve. I've been lucky to have teachers this year that really taught me a lot. AHS is a school where you feel the pride of being a colt.
Our school tries to add spirit to our school and I think that is important because it can unify the whole school.
There's a lot of school spirit from what I've seen my four years there and of course there has been a lot of support from most of the administration- if you need anything or have a suggestion/idea to better the school, they'll answer right away. The organizations are each very different but incredibly talented, especially the Theatre Department. There are teachers that could maybe use a little more training or listen to students more often because some don't work well with students or have hard times teaching, but the majority of the staff is amazing. Frankly, I find it to be one of the most accomplished schools in the district.
What I like about Arlington High School are the academics. Arlington has a variety of advanced classes available for students to take and the teachers are all very good too. A lot of the teachers make difficult classes more fun and entertaining making it easier to learn the material. However, the addition of plus period, in my opinion, was not worth it. It is supposed to be used for students to get help in class, but the majority of students get on their phone when they can or sit there and talk with their friends.
The only thing I would liked to see changed is the tardy tables because I believe they take time out of class when teachers could just mark you tardy themselves.
I like how all the teachers make you feel like you belong there. I also love that they have a program called AVID which stands for advancement via individual determination. This program has helped me get prepared for college. Therefore, I am thankful for that!
Arlington high school is a good school with many clubs and organizations to get to know more people and friends. There are more whites than any other race, but it is still very diverse. Most of the teachers were good, some were not good at what they teached. The school has a pretty safe environment and felt safe. Overall Arlington high is one of the best schools.
Start Your Review of Arlington High School
There is a wide choice on things to do and the teachers are really helpful.
There is always all of the above at any school you go to but its not crazy here.
There is a big variety of options to do to athletics, art, theater. choir, and etc.