Arlington High School Reviews

Nobody’s perfect, but given the resources it has I think Arlington High does its best to provide an exceptional learning environment for students.
Arlington High is very Spirit and tradition driven. Because of this the school felt more like a community and it gave the students common ground.
Overall the Faculty and Staff were helpful and had great teaching methods, as well as being compassionate and understanding.
Start Your Review of Arlington High School
I love my school. It's so diverse it is never a dull day at school besides the learning of course. You feel the welcomed the minute you walk through the door and see how actively linked everyone is. The teachers are so supportive and understanding they make AHS feel like home. As well as the APs they are there if you ever have any questions and need anything ever. Extracurricular activities like theatre plays and orchestra concerts are put together perfectly with hard work and dedication. And our Friday night lights are so fun during football season. And watching any other sport is gun to see the dedication our player put in.
The teachers are cool! Principal takes part in the students activities & keeps us updated with news around the school.
Arlington High School has great school pride and tradition!
However, as the years go by, the students are becoming less involved and more disrespectful towards others. The teachers are great and are very dedication in their jobs. Getting involved in an organization will make a student's high school years the best.
There are awesome teachers at AHS. In advanced classes, almost all of the teachers go above and beyond to help their students learn and succeed. The administration, however, could improve.
I liked the diversity of Arlington High School, and the academics. However, safety sometimes concerns me. Other than that, we have caring teachers who provide the opportunity of education for all students.
Overall, Arlington High is a close-knit family. Everyone is really nice and most of the teachers care for their students. Academics, the arts, and sports are all valued significantly. If anything, the school can do better in terms of diversity and acceptance. However, it is still a great school. Kick 'em Colts!
Arlington High School is full of school spirit. Everyone at Arlington High is so proud to be a colt. The school is the most diverse in AISD, and people treat each other like family and it is so easy to fit in. The staff at Arlington High strives to make the school safe and enjoyable for all students. The attendence clerks, principals, and assistant principals work so hard to make sure their students are well taken care of. The rules they make are made to make all the students great adults in our community. They started a new acronym, "Colts Family". This stands fro Commitment, Ownership, Leadership, Toughness, Selflessness. In my opinion, this is the best way to describe our student class and staff. I can't think of a better school to send your kid to for high school. I am graduating this year, and I'm so sad to leave a school where I made so many memories with, but once a Colt, always a Colt! So proud say I will be an Alumni at Arlington High. Kick 'em forever!
At Arlington High, every student is proud to be part of the Colts family. Spirit, pride, and tradition are important to both the staff and students, which is evident in the atmosphere that permeates the hallways and classrooms. In an encouraging environment students are motivated to always do their best. Teachers are dedicated to helping students in need, and often will stay late hours to make sure that the coursework is fully understood. The office ladies and assistant principals, are always willing to help despite their busy schedules. The counselors care about the futures of every single student that passes through their office, they strive to carve a pathway to success, and always go the extra mile. Arlington High is the place where students have Commitment, Ownership, Loyalty, Toughness and Selflessness. I personally am proud to be an Arlington High Colt, kick 'em.
Arlington High School is truly a place of spirit, pride, and tradition. Everyday the teachers greet their students at the door, which causes a welcoming environment. Many of the teachers make the students feel good as they are kind and are always doing the best in teaching materials. Each organization has created their own "family" so that its members feel as if they are a part of an amazing group. The school keeps many of their traditions going or at least similar to when the school was first started in 1922.
This might not be viewed as the best High School in the district, but it’s a great school overall. The teachers in this school are helpuful and supportive towards their students.
I was new to the school moving in from California and started as a freshman, and i already started to feel like at was back at home after starting new friendships and making connections with teachers, and easy understandings of the work material. Arlington High is a fun and educational school to be in , i learned so many things than i would have in California.
Very good school and I have enjoyed my 3 years here so far, but very strict and certain things are taken too seriously by admins.
It is a great school but starting to go downhill if changes are not made. School seems really unsafe due to people making jokes they shouldn't be making that question student safety. The teachers are good and some really love their job, but there are the teachers who obviously hate their job and should not be teaching.
While the teachers were beyond excellent, it was those in the adminstraive field that left me with less than hopeful. it was these people who seem to think that because i struggled to concentrate, rather than being in a class with those simliar struggles, i had to be in the social skills class, not realizing the only reason why i struggled with social skills was because i was made to feel like a failure.
Start Your Review of Arlington High School
When I moved from Connally High in Waco, TX to James Bowie High in Arlington I was terrified but, it was a big and better change for me with the sports part due to Connally did not have anything I enjoyed doing although, it was my last year and felt like I wouldn't get a chance at Bowie but, I thought wrong, I made it to Bowie High and made it on the step team, dance, and Business Partners of America Club. Bowie has shown me great hospitality with this being my last year and not knowing anyone. They have excellent teachers and a great staff that helps where help is needed. Thanks Go Bowie!
I like the tradition in Arlington but i would like if there was more spirit behind it because the traditions are old and fun but there i no effort behind so maybe a little change will make student put more effort forward.
Arlington HS is what you make of it. Theres lots of opportunities to better yourself as a student, but you have to take initiative.