Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Arlington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Arlington, TN. It has 2,070 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Arlington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B316 Students
- A-183 Students
- B-115 Students
- A-75 Students
- B72 Students
- B63 Students
- A+58 Students
- B55 Students
- A-54 Students
- B53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Band plays at friday football games33%
- Spirit Week17%
- Concert festival8%
- Pep rallies8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Arlington High School Reviews
Arlington High School has been a great experience for me. I have enjoyed every moment of it. The teachers genuinely care about you and your grades. They go the extra mile to help you get where you want/need to be. There are clubs for just about everybody. It is easy to fit in and feel at home at Arlington because there is so much to choose from. The academics are wonderful as well. They can accommodate you personally in various ways. There are Dual Credit, Dual Enrollment and AP classes offered. Another great thing about Arlington is that they offer classes related to the students’ career interests. For example, they offer classes centered around welding, nursing, STEM, and they even have a “work base” class which gives students the opportunity to leave school early at the end of the day to go to work. Arlington definitely has something for everybody and I think most would agree that the experience is a good one!
Throughout my four years of attendance, Arlington High School has been a wonderful place that has helped me grow and thrive as a student. This school has provided me with many opportunities to explore my interests, challenge myself, and make life-long friends. It has many rigorous courses such as Dual Enrollment, Dual Credit, AP, and honors classes. I have participated in all of these types of classes, and I believe that they have greatly prepared me for my post-secondary education. The educators at AHS are knowledgeable and understanding— they want to see their students succeed. Although Arlington High is arguably a little stuffy and white-washed, it is safe and friendly to people of all backgrounds and personalities.
Arlington High School is a great place with high academics. They provide many clubs that will fit anyone on campus, and the school offers many resources to help students advance their learning. Arlington is a prideful school, and we do well in sports and many other things. The one thing I’d probably change is college readiness because while the school does have high academics that challenges you, it sometimes will not challenge you in a way to prepare you for certain things in college. All in all, pretty good school!