Arlington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Arlington, MA. It has 1,217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
869 Mass Avenue
Arlington, MA 02476
Arlington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A129 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+56 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+44 Students
- B40 Students
- A+37 Students
- A37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Arlington High School
- A+Andover High School
- Andover Public Schools, MA
- 239 reviews
- A+Winchester High School
- Winchester Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
- AReading Memorial High School
- Reading Public Schools, MA
- 105 reviews
- A+Natick High School
- Natick Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 151 reviews
Arlington High School Reviews
I have enjoyed the welcoming attitude a large majority of the student body has. Students are open to making new friends and accepting anyone who enters the school. I also really enjoy the performing arts department. I have been a member of both of the orchestras for the past four years and the environment is energetic and motivating. However, some of the facilities are lacking. One of the gyms has a hole in the wall and several other spots in the school feel physically unsafe to be in.
Overall, AHS has created a positive high school experience for me. The teachers are experienced and care about the success of their students. The students care about their academics and strive to improve the AHS community. Sports are average, with most emphasis on the soccer, hockey, and football. However, the school is not diverse and does not work to improve this situation. The building is in a must need of renovation and the food could improve in quality as well.
I really liked that it does parent conferences. I wish it had more students from diverse cultures. Also, the school can do some multicultural festival to promote diversity in the school.