Arkansas High School Reviews

I love how my school really is a place of learning if you are willing to do so. We have wonderful teachers that I have created great relationships with throughout the years.
I loved the high school I went to. I was always very involved with being captain of the cheer team and playing on the tennis team. I also loved all my friends the staff at the school. Everyone was always loving and willing to be there for you in a time of need.
This school was very laid back. Discipline was not a worry to the school, even though the school was full of ghetto kids.
Start Your Review of Arkansas High School
Arkansas High provides a very exciting environment and atmosphere for the students. The Arkansas High faculty enforce fair and reasonable rules that all students must follow so we can be responsible adults. Arkansas High incorporates fun activities that involves eveyone to work together and be respectful to one another for instance, pep rallies, fundraisers, and groovy dances. I do insist that any newcomer to Arkansas High will feel welcomed and will have a great learning experience.
Two many teachers quit without notice. Dealing with teenage kids is a tough job, ask any parent. Many people right out of high school get a degree in education only to find out later that they hate teaching and finding it difficult to reason with kids. Unfortunately this can't be explained, only experienced which brings us back to teacher turnover. Bottom line is we have to have teachers in our class rooms so onward we go hoping someone, someday, will better educate our young students before entering into the classrooms as wannabe teachers.
I really liked the coaching staff and team relationships. I am in college and I feel like I wasn't prepared at all for college. Should stress getting ready for college more.
Arkansas High makes it easy for me to get college credit while completing high school. They also help me go over my FAFSA and make sure everything i put is right. They also keep me informed with new scholarships that come out everyday.
I was scared to begin a new journey and to be in a school with four other grades. I was socially isolated, with a very small group of friends. Unfortunately, our group in junior high was bullied because we were band members. I was not emotionally and mentally prepared to step foot into a place that I would live in for four years. However, my summer band camp for Arkansas High forever made a lasting impact. I was approached by upperclassmen who took interest in getting to know me. Over time, I was brought out of this shell, and my attitude about myself changed. I took better care of my overall health. I found a family that gathered for the same purpose- to make music. I found myself- I found my passion, and I took part in campus groups and clubs. I excelled in music, making All Region and All State bands. I was drum major, but I was also excelling academically. I was in the top ten of my graduating class, and I was an honor student. Arkansas High was my home.
Having been a soccer player at Arkansas High School for four years, I - ultimately - believe the negatives outweigh the positives. While I do see attempts to beef up the football program, bring in better coaching staff, and allow parental advice, the results appear to be at the expense of other sports or staff. However, the coaches are well-liked and enjoy being involved with their players' lives.
Arkansas High School is a great school to attend. The teachers are good at what they do and there are many classes that can prepare a student for college and the career of their future. The staff at Arkansas High is helpful and strives to make sure students are going in the right direction. Students are provided with what they need to be successful, and it is all up to them when it comes to doing so. Whether that be studying, doing homework, or paying attention in class, we the students make a very important choice in school. Because at the end of the day, applying yourself to do your best in school is what matters most, and Arkansas High School gives every student the opportunity to do so.
It has been okay for my last two years, junior/senior, because my teachers were/are becoming more involved with helping me get ready for college. Our faculty all help to make sure we are in a safe environment and to make sure we are learning at our highest ability. My Freshmen year did not start off very well because I began getting bullied, but one teacher in particular, James Williams, helped me to believe that they were all just jealous because I was pretty and smarter. Without his help I don't think I would have made it through my freshmen year. As I've gotten older it has become more easy, I still have problems with some of the students, but the faculty makes sure that I am safe and able to learn without having problems. As far as our extra curricular we have amazing competitive cheer/dance squads, our soccer, football, and basketball teams are all great, and we have an amazing band!
The students have great school spirit. They are very loyal to their school which you can see when they have pep rallies. I would like for them to change the food they serve at lunch.
It's a pretty good school. Everyone is supposed to hate high school, but I didn't mind being there. I looked forward to going to some of my classes, and I couldn't wait to get out of other classes. Most of the teachers were great, but a few seemed like they'd rather be at other places at times. The food was pretty great my freshman year, but the quality declined year after year, though my sister, who's a year behind me says it's gotten better since I've left. In my opinion, the athletics division is a very good one to be in. Many of our teams were pretty great. However, if you judge a high school's athletic division's capabilities based on the football team, like any other person does in the south, you'd say that Arkansas High can't win anything. The academics were great. There's a variety of classes to choose from, but there are some that people would have to take no matter who you were.
I liked the vastly diverse groups of people at Arkansas high! You pretty much cannot NOT fit in. I would like to see the food and cleanliness change.
Its something like home. You can get along with any body and every body. I play football for Arkansas High School and every coach treat me like i'm there son. I will miss all the laughs and enjoyment at Arkansas high.
I had very good teachers and guidance at Arkansas High. I feel the counselor was my best asset because she truly cared about the students and was very hands on in helping in any way possible. She was always available to the students and utilized several areas in order to reach students such as emails, social media, etc. to keep the students informed. I was fortunate to have a good group of teachers while at Arkansas High, I just wish there were more that were there for the love of the profession and not just a paycheck.
Arkansas High is a very social High School everyone knows everyone we hang together in different social groups and clubs. We all care for each other if something effects one of us it effects all of us. Academics teachers care for all of there students and will help them all the way and will not let any student fail same with the counselors. Every staff member looks toward the students and make sure we're on the right track.
Start Your Review of Arkansas High School
Honestly, the only thing I see wrong about Arkansas High is the cell phone rule. Teachers need to realize that the golden age of technology is here, and more and more technologies are coming out. It's sometimes okay to put away the text book and break out the cellular device! I also do not enjoy the fact that we do not have lockers, but are expected to carry around so many books and things. This can be a real inconvenience. Otherwise, the faculty is great, acedemics are fantastic, and I can proudly say I will be well prepared for college when I graduate in 2018.
Arkansas High is a wonderful environment. Teachers are truly dedicated to their pursuit to better the educational system. Teachers often take approaches from many multitudes in order to promote learning while cultivating pop culture. The teachers do this all while still following state guidelines which is wonderful for both the student and teacher. Although Arkansas has a few problems. The teachers create a better environment within the school.
Well we have a couple police officers on campus at all times. These officers roam the hallways between class and scan out any kids trying to act up. The officers also check the kids for dress code of course and talk to some of the student status they are closer with.