Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Arkansas High School is an above average, public school located in Texarkana, AR. It has 1,008 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Arkansas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-175 Students
- B153 Students
- B-132 Students
- B-129 Students
- C+111 Students
- B72 Students
- B-70 Students
- C+61 Students
- B54 Students
- B+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Arkansas High School
- A-Hooks High School
- Hooks Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
- B-Liberty-Eylau High School
- Liberty-Eylau Independent School District, TX
- 130 reviews
- B-Genoa Central High School
- Genoa Central School District, AR
- 38 reviews
- C+Fouke High School
- Fouke School District, AR
- 40 reviews
Arkansas High School Reviews
Arkansas high school is my home. I love it! It’s a great place with great academics and sports, however the facilities could use some security upgrades and the teaching staff could be way better.
Arkansas High School is a very good high school, but like other high schools, it has its up and downs. Arkansas High School offers many elective classes to help the students choose there future or at show them the basics of it. For example, I am majoring in Computer Science when I go to college. Arkansas High has 4 course for my major which are: Computer Science Level 1/2, AP Computer Science A, Computer Science Level 3/4, and AP Computer Science Principles. These classes have helped me incredibly choose my major. The core classes is very preparing for college, especially with some classes being dual credit, meaning its AP and it gives College credits. The teachers there are wonderful and they show the enthusiasm to teach all students. Overall, I see it as a good high school for freshman to the senior class.
Arkansas high school values the students ability to pass and excell during test. However, it mainly focuses on extracurricular activities that include athletes. Arkansas high school needs to give props and encouragement to robotics. The robotics team overall should include on receiving letterman’s since they too, represent Arkansas high. Overall, Arkansas high school should improve on making sure all activities and teams hold value.