Arkansas City High School Reviews

We as students are challenged every day to put our best foot forward. There are many options for class and different clubs to get ourselves out there. Our teachers and counselor go above and beyond to help each and everyone of us students.
Throughout my time at Arkansas City High School I enjoyed the people. The population size of the school was just right. I also enjoyed the amount of classes they had to offer. I feel as if the administration would listen to the students' opinions that the school could excel academically. I wish the school had more up-to-date resources. My overall experience with Ark City High School has been reasonable.
I loved my high school experience while being enrolled in that fine establishment. Enjoyed my classes and the homework felt rewarding after finally comprehending the material.
Start Your Review of Arkansas City High School
The school has a few procedures to protect students.
This school is located in a small city where many people know each other and their families. However, if I could do my high school years all over again, I am not sure if I would want to go to Arkansas City High School because I did not care much for the city itself, but I had great friends willing to help me even when I got upset about small things.
There are some really good teachers that are there to help the students, but there are also the others that are there only for the money or something to do during their time. Those that are happy to help are willing to do what they can to help you pass the class while understanding the material. The others just end up confusing the students more than necessary.
The staff at Arkansas City High School did a fantastic job helping each student succeed and follow their own individual dreams. I highly recommend this high school.
Most kids either do athletics or hold a job or do nothing after school. I don't see a lot of opportunity for leadership organizations or clubs.
Overall the teachers have been excellent. Standouts include Mr. Stinemetze (Chemistry, Physics); Mr. Gates (Choir); Ms. Berthot (English and theatre director); Ms. Sheer (upper level English), Mr. Pyle (math). These teachers have been extremely knowledgable,motivating, and caring. There have been a few cases of poor teaching, but overall I am very happy with the quality of teachers.
Not a big opinion on this question... I think it's fine
This high school is average in most areas. Where it is below average is in the opportunities available for high achieving students (AP classes are not offered in every area; and there is little recognition or pushing for academic success.) Most of the teachers in our experience have been very good, with a few excellent standout teachers in the upper level Science classes, upper level English, and Choir. There is a lot of emphasis on athletics. However, the Choir/Theatre departments have seen a vast improvement in the past 4 years. With a few exceptions, it seems that an overall sentiment from parents and students is that being mediocre is good enough (not in athletics, but in academics and leadership).
It all depends on the student actually. If you want to challenge yourself you can, they actually recommend people to take harder classes, but most students want the easy A so they don't.
I would say this school is pretty safe. Once a certain time hits the clock all the doors are locked and visitors have to come in through the office.
There are a lot of organizations at this school. Not a lot of people join clubs though because most student feel like they don't have time because of sports or homework. Sports is definitely a big thing at this school, almost everyone loves going to games especially when we play against our rivals.
Honestly, I don't like this school but I've had some of the best experiences of my life here. My favorite one was my sophomore year of cross country. We went to a meet in Burden, Kansas and my best friend's, at the time, pants started falling in the middle of the race. I spent the entire race laughing so hard because she couldn't run 5 feet without her pants falling down.
The teachers at this school are in between some of them don't care and others do care. It's kind of a 50/50 at this school.
Our school offers many safety classes such health science all the way up to level 3. We offer class that let student who are considering being a CNA take coarses right in the work field. Also we offer swim classes and life guarding classes. Our nurse is always on campus and is easy to talk to. The safety in this school in my opinion is high quality we have security cameras throughout the whole building down every hallway and in the stairways. We have an officers that is stationed at our school who is easy to talk to if something were to be wrong.
Start Your Review of Arkansas City High School
The school has to offer not only clubs but physical activities as well. In the clubs the school offers; Kay's, FCA, student accounts, FFA, FBL, GSA and student council. As for the physical we offer a variety of sport that the student may attend from volleyball, cross country, men's soccer, football, both men and women tennis also in the winter we offer basketballs, wrestling. Then in the spring we offer track and field, softball and baseball women's soccer. The school also offers a weight class for anyone that wants to work out after school and have an instructor helping them and telling them what they might want to do to help achieve their goal.
In my past years at being at Arkansas City high school, I have found them very life teaching and fun filled. I myself being a senior playing sports throughout my whole high school career to also being in orchestra and other school events such as; Kay's, school accounts, and FCA. All the events I have been in have made my high school career a great memory and connected me with not only life long friends but lessons that will never leave me in my life. If I had to do my high school career all over again, I could not image doing it anywhere else but at Arkansas city high school.
The teachers at Arkansas City High School are well educated and make it possible for the students to feel comfortable in the classroom. By making students know that it is okay to ask for help and that even if they are are wrong, the teachers do not make the students feel dumb for there thinking.