Arkansas City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+77 Students
- B-50 Students
- A43 Students
- A30 Students
- A23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B21 Students
- A15 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Arkansas City High School Reviews
This high school is average in most areas. Where it is below average is in the opportunities available for high achieving students (AP classes are not offered in every area; and there is little recognition or pushing for academic success.) Most of the teachers in our experience have been very good, with a few excellent standout teachers in the upper level Science classes, upper level English, and Choir. There is a lot of emphasis on athletics. However, the Choir/Theatre departments have seen a vast improvement in the past 4 years. With a few exceptions, it seems that an overall sentiment from parents and students is that being mediocre is good enough (not in athletics, but in academics and leadership).
The school has to offer not only clubs but physical activities as well. In the clubs the school offers; Kay's, FCA, student accounts, FFA, FBL, GSA and student council. As for the physical we offer a variety of sport that the student may attend from volleyball, cross country, men's soccer, football, both men and women tennis also in the winter we offer basketballs, wrestling. Then in the spring we offer track and field, softball and baseball women's soccer. The school also offers a weight class for anyone that wants to work out after school and have an instructor helping them and telling them what they might want to do to help achieve their goal.
Throughout my time at Arkansas City High School I enjoyed the people. The population size of the school was just right. I also enjoyed the amount of classes they had to offer. I feel as if the administration would listen to the students' opinions that the school could excel academically. I wish the school had more up-to-date resources. My overall experience with Ark City High School has been reasonable.