Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Arkansas City High School is a public school located in Arkansas City, KS. It has 782 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Arkansas City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B113 Students
- B-86 Students
- A62 Students
- A-48 Students
- B36 Students
- B+36 Students
- A35 Students
- B25 Students
- A24 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Arkansas City High School Reviews
Our faculty is pretty reasonable when it comes to most things, our building is kept in decent condition, and the school is doing well for the community we are situated in. There are a few things that I would like to see change, a little bit wiser spending, more inclusion and opportunities within the school itself, things like that. We are just not set up in a great community, so that puts us a disadvantage from the beginning.
Pretty average considering the location of the school. There are a few teachers who are passionate about teaching, but they are overshadowed by the overwhelming apathy. Without the desire for achievement in the majority, the school only drags everyone down to the same unenthusiastic crawl by the time they complete high school. It's ironic that some of the most popular ideas are lackluster and the less popular are strong. The technology is also laughable. There's a definite attempt to implement technology, but it's just an attempt.
Arkansas City High School, overall, is a pretty decent school. It provides students with what they need, but almost everything is average. In my opinion, there isn't much that makes ACHS stand out. However, the one thing I am extremely happy with at the school is the teachers. Most, if not all, truly care for their students, not just their grades, but their well-being too. The teachers are very personable and are their for the student if need be.