Arkansas Arts Academy High School Reviews

Arkansas arts academy is an amazing school. They have the second highest test scores in the state, and as far as I know they are the only school to focus on as much arts as we do. The teachers are fantastic and are willing to help you with your work and will work with you in the class. Because the classes are so small your teacher will almost always have time to work with you individually. Our arts categories range from Piano, Orchestra, and Guitar to more simple things like Dance, Art, Choir, and Theater. While our school doesn't have sports like football and baseball you can enjoy outdoor physical activity by taking mountain biking or even taking cross country. Arkansas Arts Academy is the ultimate k-12 choice for arts and education. Aspire, Achieve, ADVANCE!!!
There are many great things about Arkansas Arts Academy. My favorite thing about the school is the family-like atmosphere. When I am at school, I don't have to be afraid to be myself. I can act how I want to act, believe what I want to believe, and be who I want to be without fearing the judgement of others. The faculty are all devoted and supportive. They are there for me if I ever struggle with anything. My school certainly has its flaws, but they are easily overshadowed by the many great things about it. One thing about the school that is very important to me is an ability to make a difference. I have never once felt like I was "just a number" at my school. I am able to speak up about my opinions and be heard. That is so valuable in a school.
I have loved my time at this school. Its a very family oriented atmosphere meaning the teachers actually care how your doing in your studies and personal life.
Start Your Review of Arkansas Arts Academy High School
Magnificent overall. Student performers held to a higher standard, thriving in nurturing, safe environment of creative education. Deadlines, discipline, relationships, general wellbeing - all moving targets for maturing adolescents preparing for more demanding, competitive global markets. Administration and faculty successfully merge tried-and-true with bold-and-new, encourage open minds/open hearts, and challenge students to exceed expectations, academically and in their crafts. Some think always too much homework and not enough time, but some learn crucial time management and critical thinking skills necessary to overcome future obstacles with confidence and strength of character. We are a team of parents, staff, and community leaders mentoring, celebrating, reinforcing, and modeling what it means to respect the intellect and appreciate the arts, aka constant left-brain and right-brain interaction. Change? Students want more autonomy less veto on extra-curricular activities.
If there was an "It's good" option, i would select this one. I feel very safe at school, but the nurse isn't always on campus. We only have one nurse for both campuses of our school, and many times this has been an issue. On multiple occasions I have been sick and needed to go to the nurse, but she was not there. My best friend has a medical condition where she could need immediate medical attention at any moment, but once again there isn't always a nurse. I find it very unsettling and inconvenient that this occurs.
Some extracurriculars are great, and others not. I was involved in Show Choir, and my life went upside down due to all of the stress. If you can handle it and like to "be perfect and professional" rather than for enjoyment, than Shoc is for you. If you are not involved in a company here, you may be frowned upon or feel left out on occasion.
As a senior, I am ready to move onto the next chapter of my life. But, I have made many memories at this school and overall the environment is good. This year, administration has caused a lot of headaches and I wish that aspect were better. If it weren't for the students and staff, my experience wouldn't have been the same. My experience centers around the relationships I made rather than the things I did. I have many fun, silly, and enjoyable memories such as the time me and my girlfriends did yoga in guitar class. I have things that I will never forget from my high school experience here.
Teachers at this school are unique in the aspect that they truly know their students. If I were asked to choose a favorite teacher, I couldn't select just one. Quality of teaching in the classroom is one of the reasons why I have stayed at this school. Besides just learning, students are able to build relationships with teachers and ask for help when they need it. As an arts school, creativity is incorporated into academics. Rather then fussing about it, teachers grasp hold of the added aspect and use it to better the student's education. Being taught not only what is necessary, students gain interest in new topics and studies and leave with expanded knowledge.
This school prepared me extremely well for college. They helped me become ready for deadlines, and being self motivated for my education. The only topic that I feel this school didn't prepare me for was scholarships.
As an arts school, we were not allowed to die our hair or have any piercings beside ear piercings. While I can see certain piercings becoming a distraction, most other high schools don't have a problem with hair dye. It was quite confusing as to why a school who promoted self expression wouldn't allow hair dye or certain piercings.
The academics are available to everyone. If an individual is able to take all AP classes, then they can. If an individual needs to take some special educations classes, then those can be provided as well.
The extracurricular opportunities at this school, were wonderful. The theater, music, and art department all offered a variety of opportunities for the students. Performances were always held for the performing arts and as for the visual arts, their work was placed around campus and art shows were present. BCSAHS did a very good job of offering opportunities that helped the students become comfortable with their art and helped them show their talents.
The teachers were aggressive to students who thought differently then they did. The principal picked favorites and did not trust anyone who was not doing extra curricular activities.
Ongoing renovations are planned each year and funded through grants or local partnerships in the community.
Administrators are supportive, caring, and will address any raised concerns. They will communicate with parents of any pertinent issues concerning their child's success.
Season teachers have more consistency in grading policy than the new teachers. Teachers have a buddy system with other teachers to support each other. Teachers are very helpful and open to work with parents and student concerns.
Each year more AP classes will be added to accommodate student interest. School uses a block schedule and all students take 8 classes. Students can mix honors, AP courses, regular classes, and fine arts into their schedule.
Start Your Review of Arkansas Arts Academy High School
Show Choir, Dance Company, Theatre Company, Jazz band, Tech Company, Student Council, Library Student Council, Barbershop, and several student interest clubs (ie. chess club, young democratics club, etc)
Students wear ID badge and use key fobs to enter buildings. The small campus allows teachers and staff members to know every student individually and personally. Parents are welcomed and invited to become involved with school activities. Teachers are interested in knowing the student as a whole person and not just as a student. School administrators are very caring and supportive of my child's educational success.
It has many arts classes, however does not offer many advance placement academic classes.