Arkadelphia High School Reviews

No I would not like to see a change in this arkadelphia high school. What I like most about this high school is the teachers.
As a student at Arkadelphia High School, I would like to see more teaching for the students to understand. With AHS being a new tech school the aspect of teaching to understand is kinda not there.
I liked that I was able to be a four year member of the Dazzler Dance Team, and it's a great place for sports, clubs, and academics. Our teachers are mostly involved in our daily activities, and our school is really big on athletics! Arkadelphia High School is a great place to earn an education.
Start Your Review of Arkadelphia High School
I love my school. I have been given numerous opportunities to serve in my community, network with local businesses and business owners, and better prepare myself for "the real world." My high school offers several AP courses and even more career-focused courses - which has been greatly beneficial.
Arkadelphia High School is a very excellent high school. The school helps you in anyway they possibly can, and has a very good staff along with clubs and sports!
My four-year experience at Arkadelphia High School was great. There are a lot of great teachers, and a lot of great activities for the students to get involved.
There aren't many opportunities here. A lot of the teachers aren't very good, either. However, it's sweet, and the good teachers are really great people.
Arkadelphia High School overall was a nice experience. The majority of my teachers really cared about their students and wanted to make sure that they understood the material that was being taught. The majority of the students are open minded and do not really form solid cliques so everyone tends to interact with everyone. The one thing that makes AHS stand out is its transition into a NewTech School. In the beginning the transition was rough because neither the students nor the teachers knew what to expect or how to properly transition from traditional learning to a more nontraditional way of learning. However, as the years pass by AHS is becoming more and more fluid in transitioning its incoming students who are used to a more traditional way of learning into a more non traditional way of learning that requires you to develop your own sense of agency.
I really enjoyed marching band and that is about it. There were a few teachers that truly impacted my life and demonstrated that they loved teaching. Most teachers didn't really like their job. Some classes were a joke. Overall, I got my diploma and continued education despite my rough experience at this High School.
They are all some what nice and helpful.
Bullying happens in school. I feel safe because I don't engage in any harmful or illegal activities with anybody.
There is a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities to be involved in. I am currently involved in choir, art, and book club.
I have had a good experience at high school. My most favorite expirence is being able to be a part of the musicals that the choir puts on every year. I have a had a stressful senior year since I am taking college level classes but I am working hard so my grades will be great and not slip.
Most Teachers are excellent. Some Teachers have a tendency to lose the students work and then either mark a zero or make the student redo the assignment.
The amount of people, teachers, and organizations are the perfect amount. They are close knit but also varied.
Some teachers are amazing while others are terrible. The amazing teachers, however, are organized, responible, and willing to help everyone.
Some of the teacher truly care about their students and try to help them.
Start Your Review of Arkadelphia High School
There are a few great things about this school is the integration of technology to teaching, so that the students are able to become efficient in using technology to present the knowledge they have learned. Another plus is having Distance Learning classes, which allow students to take classes that are not available physically at the high school. Aside from that my high school experience has not been amazing to say the least.

The high school tends to invest more in the athletic programs, but the athletes in those programs for the most part tend to get away with a lot, specifically first string football players and the entire baseball team. This only causes animosity towards the athletic program, but that is probably a problem at most schools.

Since the school is a PBL ( project based learning) school working in groups is essential. I actually do not mind working in groups because I learn how to work efficiently and effectively with people. But I do not like working in groups that in the middle of a project stop working despite your efforts to continue the group work. Unfortunately when you report this problem to the teacher the group will just copy and paste the first thing that is somewhat close to the topic to say that they contributed to the group.

I am not actually sure if I would chose my school again if I could redo hight school because I'm tired of putting up with lazy or kids that think that they are owed anything.
Since the school changed the entire way to teach students at the school by using PBL (project based learning), most of the teachers have been able to adjust using the methods but not necessarily teaching the material needed. For example, instead of actually having a lesson I have a project that I to do with a group while learning about the information that I may or may not understand. This is a huge problem when it is time to take a test because I do not known what I am supposed to known, but when I ask the teacher I get a vague answer that confuses me even more.

Other times in class if the teacher lacks interest in the actual subject that they are teaching,then the students lack the motivation to do well in the class or even try to pass the class. Which is frustrating because I want to learn the information about the subject because I am interested in the subject without the proper resources to actually learn about the subject.

But the teachers, for the most part, actually care about their students doing well or at least passing the course. They also tend to keep a consistency on how they grade and are usually willing to let you make up an assignment if you do poorly on it ( as long as you are a decent student).
We have one police officer on campus.