Arizona College Prep Academy (ACPA) Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-49 Students
- B+30 Students
- A25 Students
- A16 Students
- A+8 Students
- B+7 Students
- C7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B5 Students
- A+5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Arizona College Prep Academy (ACPA) Reviews
Review Arizona College Prep Academy (ACPA)
I am a teacher at and former alumna of ACPA. This is an incredibly special place, and I genuinely believe that without the relationships I have built and the experiences I have accrued here, I would not have achieved the level of success I have. Those who receive an ACPA education learn much more than the average student. They learn how to determine the statistical likelihood of a particular event occurring in their math class, and they learn about the probability of earning a higher income with increasing levels of education during Lyceum and Symposium. They learn how to analyze rhetorical strategy within literature in their English class, and they learn how to question and critically analyze the world around them through methods of inquiry. They learn of the leaders and systems that have effected significant change throughout history, and they learn how to positively impact their own environments, current and future, as leaders who understand how to effectively navigate systems.
As a parent of 2 graduated Griffins I think I have a real good idea of how it works and I can say I am not disappointed that I chose to send both of my kids here. They are not a high school and if you are looking for a high school for your child please feel free to enroll them in any of the public school districts offered in town. If your goal is to get your child(ren) ready to go to a university or college then this is the exact place for them! It takes 4 years to prepare your student and it begins day one. You also will need to let go and trust the staff and administration. They have over 18 successful years of educating many many students and yes it is more hands on approach. Most classes earn in excess of 1 million in scholarship awards to colleges across the entire country! Amazing experience and well worth the real education my kids got from ACPA
I have family members and children of friends who have attended and are currently attending this school. ACPA provides a learning environment that encourages student achievement and teaches students to think deeply, to find and use their voices and to engage actively in learning and in their community. ACPA encourages students to get involved in school life, participate in clubs and activities and expand their circle of friends and experiences. Activities like Exploration Week allow kids to develop into leaders both in and out of school. The students I know come back from these experiences with new perspectives and encouraged to move forward in their education. If you are looking for a small school focused on an interdisciplinary approach to education, you should check out ACPA.