Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella Reviews

This is a great school for students that are ahead and want to succeed in college! There are no sports but there are many other clubs and activities. You finish high school with an associates degree.
I really enjoy that i can earn college credits for free while in high school. However, the on campus classes could use some improvement.
I love the fact that I am a dual enrollment student, meaning I take both highschool and college courses at the same time. I am lucky because I graduate with an Associate degree at the same time I get my highschool diploma.
Start Your Review of Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella
The past four years that I have spent here have been enjoyable and memorable. Despite it being a small school there is lots to experience here. The school hasn't been around for that long and that explains the lack of clubs and activities that we have. The best part of our school is that we are able to attend the neighboring college for free.
This school has amazing programs including veterinary and agriculture classes. The school is very small only around 500 students and overall I have enjoyed attending. There are some teachers that can be rude and disrespectful though, but overall if you can handle some people who can be unpleasant I would highly recommend attending based on the fact education is high and college classes are offered at a local community college for free.
I love how the school prepares you for college and allows you to have a chance of graduating with an associates degree. It also gives you an experience that not many others high schools will. There are no sports at this school, but the academic learning is amazing.
I was enrolled in a four year public high school before being enrolled into Arizona Agribusiness and Equine center. The high school prepares you for real world experiences and not only that they give you a head start in college. Best thing i did in my life.
My overall experience at this high school has been incredible with the academic involvement and college preparedness that this school readys students for. Unfrotuently because of the high focus on taking college courses at the nearby community college, there are no sports whatsoever. The instructors are all committed and go above and beyond when it comes to helping students understand the subject.
The school is very rigorous and helps students create a path for themselves for their future. It is a great school for students who would like to get a head start on college.
AAEC is a great school for college readiness. Having the ability to take high school classes and college classes at the same time is very advantageous. The teachers at AAEC know their subjects well, and are easy to get along with. If I had to change anything about this school I would make sure they are better at planning school events. Other than that, this school is pretty good for students who want to get ahead in life.
I like that we have the opportunity to get a head start on our college credits, but I don’t like the fact that we don’t have any sports or very many extra curriculars.
I started attending AAEC-EM my sophomore year of high school. One thing that I loved about AAEC-EM was the college experience. As long as you pass your classes with at least a C or better, the school will pay for you to attend Estrella Mountain Community College during the school year. The college is within 5 minutes walking distance. I earned many college credits and gained a much better preparation for college than I would have if I had continued at my old high school, with the only college credit opportunities being AP classes. At the college, you are viewed as a college student. There are many amazing professors at Estrella. It is very possible to graduate with one or more Associate's Degrees.
AAEC-EM lacks official sports, music, and art programs. However, there are some clubs for these topics, and FFA and NHS are very popular. Also, I found out during my last semester of senior year that AAEC students who are enrolled at Estrella Mountain can try out for the college teams.
Did you ever want to go to school and skip all of the art and film classes that seem like a pointless waste of time ? Look no further than AAEC. This school gives the best of both worlds by delivering you the classes required to get your diploma while filling in that remaining time with actual college classes at a community college. It's quite feasible to obtain a 2 year associates degree while in high school which puts you far in front of your peers. Oh yeah and all the college is free, another bonus.
I went to AAEC-EM for freshman through senior year, and I am currently a senior. During my previous school years, I wanted to change schools because I felt like I did not get enough opportunities to figure out what career I want or what my interests are. As I am registering for colleges, I see the benefit to going here, which is free college. I will be able to graduate high school with my associates degree from Estrella Mountain Community College, which will save me a lot of money and time to get my bachelor's degree at a four year university.
The school's main appeal is early college and a promise of an Associates on Graduation. However there is minimal outreach and accommodation to enable you to achieve this without having family to guide you. Teachers come and go and are generally very good but are put off by a hostile and disconnected administration more concerned with publicity than actual quality and achievements. Would rather have gone here than other massive schools, but still misled and misinformed during my time. No Sports, strong FFA presence, and strong Gaming (TCG, RPG) club. Good Vet club but minimal outreach from them.
AAEC is extreally small. Very underwhelming environment. 80% of the staff/ faculty gives off the vibe they don't want to be there. The students and awkward and cringe. It is very sad
I enjoy the agricultural aspect where students are encouraged to take part in program such as veterinary and equine science. I would like to see more diversity in the school.
Start Your Review of Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella
I have been attending Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella Mountain since my freshman year. This school has definitely provided me with an amazing college start since my freshman year. The high school campus itself is actually pretty small and does not contain many classrooms; however, the college is where I spend most of my time anyways. As a student ventures of into their senior year, they will begin to load up more on college classes, and have less high school classes. Overall, I would definitely have to say that this school will be worth it in the long run because I was given the remarkable opportunity to have the chance to graduate with my associates degree. I will most likely graduate with two associate degrees by the same time I graduate high school.
A factor that did contribute towards AAEC-EM that didn't make it such an excellent school was due to the sad fact that there were no sports, and not many extracurricular clubs available for the students.
This school is a great opportunity to get a jump start on your future, because of the college courses available for no cost.
Most of the teachers and staff care for the students and want to see them succeed. If you want to graduate with your associates, you have to pay for extra classes yourself.