Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Avondale, AZ. It has 480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
3400 Dysart Rd
Avondale, AZ 85007
Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A111 Students
- A-89 Students
- B+77 Students
- B-72 Students
- B72 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+23 Students
- A17 Students
- B14 Students
- A+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella
- B-North Pointe Preparatory
- Public School
- Phoenix, AZ
- 171 reviews
- C+Youngker High School
- Buckeye Union High School District, AZ
- 432 reviews
- B+Imagine Prep Surprise
- Public School
- Surprise, AZ
- 93 reviews
- B+Hope High School Online
- Online School
- Glendale, AZ
- 10 reviews
Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Estrella Reviews
This is a great opportunity to get advanced education and earn college credits while still in high school. There is some amazing staff and the school will work with you if you approach them about an issue. However, you aren't informed that in order to graduate with an AA you will have to take college courses during the summer on your own. I also wish that you could have specialized the degree program to better suit your own needs, unless you are going in the veterinary program there isn't much extra guidance. There was also a large rotation of a lot of teachers which was unsettling for us students. There is a lot great things about this school, but it isn't perfect. The long term benefits are definitely worth it.
At Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center(AAEC-EM), I am able to earn college credits towards my associate's degree and this is a great advantage at the school because it allows myself to get ahead of the other students and receiving my associate degree faster. When I was scheduling for my class, my principal allowed me to choose the time I desired to start and end so it can work with my college schedule as well. The staffs and teacher are attentive to my needs and motivate me to earn high grades. Overall the school is a great place to receive an education and make friends where you are all close to one another.
I personally enjoy the student engagement, seeing students interact with one another as well as growing to their full potential. Teachers are engaged and always willing to help students in need. They become your best friends, class sizes are small since it is a smaller campus. Yet, free college classes offered at the community college next door are a major bonus!