Argyle High School Reviews

I have always gone to school in Argyle. The people are kind for the most part and its academics are amazing.
Thia was our first year in Argyle ISD. One child a Junior and one in Seventh grade. The schools are great. Wonderful support system and academic guidance. Sports are big but the kids don't feel pressured if they don't participate. Love it here.
There are some great teachers, and our facilities weren't bad. Even so, some of the administration did things like bring in religion as a reason for threatening to give a student detention, which is in no way okay. There is also an incredible emphasize on the importance of sports, which can be either good or bad depending on your preference.
Start Your Review of Argyle High School
My High School experience at Argyle High School was actually pretty fun. I was involved in the Marching band, I did color guard and we won state my freshman year and then got second my junior year. Thanks to the color guard, if it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have met all my friends. I am also in Computer Application UIL and I got 4th in Region which was really fun because I really like doing formula on the computer. What I like about Argyle is that there are many teachers that you can go to for help, when it comes to homework, personal advice, or when you just need a place to sit in quiet. What I wish that would change would people the way the students are to each other. We just recently watched a video about why girls should be nicer to each other because the girls here can be very rude and judgmental. I think that the video helped a little but I think that we need something like that every year because it would make how we treat each other better.
Argyle is the definition of a small town school. Everyone knows everyone, majority of the kids that graduate from argyle went to elementary school together. The teachers are very involved with the students not just in the classroom but outside as well. The small amount of kids makes it very easy for staff to have good relationships with the students. The school does an amazing job to make sure we are safe in everyday possible, and to make sure all the kids are well taken care of even outside the school. The only issue I have with argyle is that there aren't many kids of color or other race, and I know that isn't something that the school can do to fix that. But it just doesn't help remind the school to speak on particular topics regarding those of color, for example "Black History Month" isn't a big topic in our school and I feel its because of the lack of ethnic variety at our school. Other than that argyle is great.
Argyle High school is a pretty safe school they always keep the students involved in what is going on. Academically the school is very competitive almost everyone has a GPA above 3.6 which is very good. The food is also very good. Sports are a very big deal at this school because they win at almost everything ( football, basketball, volleyball). Diversity is very bad almost everyone is Caucasian, so that could improve. Overall my experience at Argyle High School is average.
I like the dual credit course teachers. But they need a new Calculus teacher, more diversity, and more clubs.
Argyle high school is a school that encourages excellence in all areas. The athletic program is always producing championship teams. The academic level is award winning at all UIL competitions. The staff is involved in each student's success and goes above and beyond in supporting student's growth. The administration of Argyle Independent School District is also very involved with each of the schools in the district. The community involvement is second to none and fully participates in all events. This is small town school that produces future leaders with good ethics.
I love all of the teachers and how kind they are. They really do care about helping you grow your knowledge, in order to get you ready for college. I wish there was more diversity though.
Argyle is a high performing school district that is occurring a lot of growth. The academics are strong enough to prepare you for college, while the athletics are successful in almost every sport offered.
Argyle High School aims for excellence through their students. There are countless awards and accolades that stack up yearly. The students are well informed and given many amazing opportunities. The teachers are the biggest and best factor, though the curriculum is difficult, the teachers are well trained for the task. As education is becoming more technology based, Argyle is moving right with it. Technology is implemented in every class and subject, making tasks and communication easier for teachers and students. By attending Argyle, I get to attend advanced courses and learn how to be prepared for college and my future.
I recently transferred this year to Argyle High School in Argyle, Texas from Arapahoe High School in Denver, Colorado. Major difference going from opposite sides if the spectrum. I love how conservative Argyle is and how focused the school is on academics and athletics.
Argyle has some limitations in their program offerings that some other schools in the area don't have. But their academics are strong, and the school feels like a closely knit community.
Argyle High School overall has a very caring group of teachers and staff. The marching band program is outstanding as well as the level of athletics. The downside is that the school is in a huge growth curve which could affect these attributes.
At Argyle High, the education is a huge factor that pulls people to the school district. Not to mention all of the sports programs are amazing too. State competitions are almost an expected thing at Argyle. Argyle is the winner of multiple Lone Star Cups presented by UIL. I feel so lucky to have been in the Argyle ISD school system since kindergarten. But beware: kids who take on-level courses may not have as much of an engaging education experience. Pre-AP, dual credit, and AP courses are a must if you want to reap the benefits of Argyle High School.
Argyle has a very small town school feel, while having big school results in sports, academics, band, etc. However, I do wish that it was more diverse and more spirited. Also the bathrooms really need some work. Overall, though, it was a good four years.
Argyle High School was an amazing experience with many wonderful opportunities. I felt like there was always something to be a part of and everyone is very welcoming. I felt very at home and involved at Argyle High School and I wouldn't trade any of my experiences for any other school.
Start Your Review of Argyle High School
What I liked most about Argyle were the teachers. They have some of the best Dual Credit/AP teachers anywhere. Also, UIL is very educational pushing you to look at where you are in comparison to other students. One thing I wish would change about argyle is the lack of diversity. Due to the lack of diversity, and also the small world views at Argyle, it makes for an uncultured environment.
I love Argyle. This was my first year at the school and in the district, but it's a great school. The students and the teachers are incredible and inviting.
I have very much enjoyed my time at Argyle High School. I have been involved in band and loved every second of it.