Argos Community Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Argos, IN. It has 309 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Argos Community Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A29 Students
- A+27 Students
- C+25 Students
- B+23 Students
- B12 Students
- A-10 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- B-8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Argos Community Junior/Senior High School
- BBremen Senior High School
- Bremen Public Schools, IN
- 77 reviews
- B-Culver Community High School
- Culver Community Schools Corporation, IN
- 23 reviews
- B+Plymouth High School
- Plymouth Community School Corporation, IN
- 185 reviews
- B-Rochester Community High School
- Rochester Community School Corporation, IN
- 52 reviews
Argos Community Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Argos is a school where you can be yourself. There are rules, but they're easy to follow. It's a smaller school so you know just about everyone walking through the hallways, and it's a great place to make new friends. Argos has a really friendly environment, there are tons of outgoing and spontaneous students that are just as excited about meeting new people and attending different club activities! It's a really sports-involved school, so just about everyone comes to each of the sporting events. Argos is a very special school, and I strongly believe that any student that goes through Argos would gladly do it all over again!
There are many opportunities to get involved in extra curricular activities at Argos! And they each have different goals, you could join a club focused on volunteering within the community, one that focuses on agriculture, one that's just for fun. It's all up to you, and there is no limit on how many you choose to be in. Plus, no matter what club you choose to be in there's always a bunch of committed students to that club that are always willing to hear you out on any new ideas!
All of the teachers have you in their best interest. They make themselves available at any time whether it's through email or google classroom, or even coming in during their free period or after school. They are always there to help you and talk you through anything! They truly care about all students and are willing to go out of their way for you.