Argenta-Oreana High School is a public school located in Argenta, IL. It has 286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
PO Box 469
Argenta, IL 62501
Argenta-Oreana High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+25 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B13 Students
- B9 Students
- A-7 Students
- B+7 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Argenta-Oreana High School
- B-Clinton High School
- Clinton Community Unit School District No. 15, IL
- 34 reviews
- NGDeLand-Weldon High School
- Deland-Weldon Community Unit School District No. 57, IL
- 4 reviews
- NGBement High School
- Bement Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 7 reviews
- B-Cerro Gordo Jr & Sr High School
- Cerro Gordo Community Unit School District No. 100, IL
- 20 reviews
Argenta-Oreana High School Reviews
I have several good things to say about this Highschool. First the teachers for the most part are wonderful and make learning fun. Secondly, the sports programs are slowly gettng better and they feel like you are part of a family not just a team. Some cons about the school is that the way rules and such are enforced could change, and the administration, according to rumors when I was in school, loved to do things in a "shady" manner, but whose to say what is true or not. Overall this school was enjoyable and did prepare me/ helped me get into college and with a scholarship, so I cannot complain!
It is a great school in a small town. It is not at all diverse. There are only a few students who are minorities. There are numerous opportunities for students to get college credits while in high school, which is amazing. The teachers are mostly caring. There are not very many classes to choose from though, so there is not much variety unless you do college courses.
I love how Argenta is a small town school. Some people hate living in small towns, but I believe they are something special. Being in a small town school allows you to get to know everyone and you get to be in a community that comes together as one and helps out with sporting events, tragedies, and community events. Argenta has great staff members that have always helped me if I had homework questions, or even personal issues. They truly care for anyone that needs help and they do a great job teaching. One thing I would change about my school is the lunches. We have always had terrible school lunches, but I also know that schools can't always help that. Overall Argenta is wonderful and there is not much I would change.