Arenac Eastern Middle and High School is a public school located in Twining, MI. It has 63 students in grades PK, 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Arenac Eastern Middle and High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-5 Students
- B5 Students
- B3 Students
- B+2 Students
- C+2 Students
- A+2 Students
- B+2 Students
- C+1 Student
- C-1 Student
- C1 Student
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Arenac Eastern Middle and High School
- CAu Gres-Sims Middle/High School
- Au Gres-Sims School District, MI
- 13 reviews
- C+Whittemore-Prescott Junior/Senior High School
- Whittemore-Prescott Area Schools, MI
- 9 reviews
- B-Standish-Sterling Central High School
- Standish-Sterling Community Schools, MI
- 87 reviews
- NGIosco RESA Special Education
- Iosco RESA, MI
- PK, K-12
Arenac Eastern Middle and High School Reviews
The teachers at Arenac Eastern High School, are very skilled at their jobs. Most of them have been working at the school for over five years. Since our school is so small the teachers all know us, and know about how our home life is. They not only work with us, but the involve us with our surroundings. They not only communicate on all levels based on our ages, and maturity, but they educated us to the best of their ability. The older we get, the more they treat us as adults. The grade everyone pretty much the same. The only time that they would go easy on a student, is if the student has either lost a parent, or went through something very traumatic. Even then we, the students, don't want to disappoint our teachers. And again being such a small school, our teachers know how each of us learns things, so it is rather easy to get through a lesson.
In my entire life, I have been to more than three schools. Arenac Eastern Middle/High School welcomed me in on my first day, as if I had always went there. The teachers asked about me, not small talk, but they were truly interested in who I was, what I liked and how I was. They treated everyone the same. Even if you tried to hide in the back of the room they would somehow involve you. The teachers would even sometimes bring in snacks or candy, if everyone passed a big test. When we took our ACT our school actually brought breakfast for our class. They've done that for a while now. If I had the choice, I would come to Arenac Eastern before any other school. Here students are people and our voices are heard, we are listened to. We are known, and we get an education. Our teachers actually care.
We don't have a school nurse, but if anything were to happen, we do have CPR/AED and first aid certified people within our school. We don't have much bullying, if we do.... it probably do to being siblings. I, myself, have never felt unsafe at the school. Do to our location, if police were called, three counties, and Tribal police would come.