Ardsley High School is a top rated, public school located in Ardsley, NY. It has 620 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ardsley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-82 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+50 Students
- A47 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Ardsley High School
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 217 reviews
- A+Hastings High School
- Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District, NY
- 99 reviews
- A+Tappan Zee High School
- South Orangetown Central School District, NY
- 214 reviews
- A+Rye Neck Senior High School
- Rye Neck Union Free School District, NY
- 72 reviews
Ardsley High School Reviews
Great educational environment due to teachers, school culture and parent involvement. Clubs & Activities plus sports added to the all around positive experience of high school that has prepared my daughter for her next educational step...college!
My experience with Ardsley High School has always been positive and enriching. The school has an amazing atmosphere and the student body is very accepting of people from all backgrounds and lifestyles. I feel that Ardsley schools excel at giving students a variety of clubs, sports, and class opportunities to choose from. Although Ardsley students are very open to those of other ethnicities, the school as a whole tends to lack having a lot of diversity. Also, because of the highly competitive environment, students that fall in average or below average areas tend to feel high amounts of academic pressure. This occurs especially because of the fact that the school seems to put the pressure of college onto the students all at once rather than allowing it to develop over time and prepare them sooner. Teachers in general tend to be very supportive of students, allowing them to develop an important trust and connection with them.
As a current student of Ardsley High School, I have been studying there since September of 2017. After a quick year of studying in the city, moving into the suburbs, I was able to experience a very different environment and its uniqueness in general. Ardsley High School is a very competitive school, with students obsessively talking about grades and getting A's and where sport goes hand-in-hand with academics. 90% of the students that I have come across are usually affiliated with a sport. This sheer determination of students wanting to compete against one another and get into a better college is what sets apart Ardsley High School from the rest.Being a small school, it also is a very friendly community with amazing teachers, some who have very high education backgrounds, to help you all-day long. Students themselves are very caring and open to new people and it definitely feels like a second home for me. It is the best school for someone who wishes to be competitive and successful.