Ardsley High School is a top rated, public school located in Ardsley, NY. It has 640 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ardsley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A68 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-35 Students
- A35 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Ardsley High School
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 198 reviews
- A+Hastings High School
- Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District, NY
- 96 reviews
- A+Tappan Zee High School
- South Orangetown Central School District, NY
- 197 reviews
- A+Rye Neck Senior High School
- Rye Neck Union Free School District, NY
- 66 reviews
Ardsley High School Reviews
The teachers at Ardsley High School are always there to help students succeed to the best of their abilities. Ardsley has an extra period after the eight mandatory class periods are over. This is called the "ninth period". The ninth period gives Ardsley students an opportunity to visit the teachers of their wanting in order to review educational material, study, take missed exams or for other reasons that will further help the student strive in their academic setting. Of course, the ninth period is not required for all students to use, therefore some students do not take advantage of the period. In the classroom, teachers all have the common goal to teach the students as much as possible throughout the corse. Every teacher has their own particular style of teaching, but overall they do indeed keep students interested in learning and have done a very good job in teaching the students at Ardsley High School.
Even though Ardsley High School has taken many steps to increase school security, more needs to be done to insure complete safety of the students who attend this school. Even though faculty members are required to carry ID, and that doors are well locked, the lack of physically security within the school creates a large loophole with regards to creating a very safe school. Many parents and members of the Ardsley community do not see crime as a threat to themselves and to students at the High School, which also creates an issue in which people are not fully acceptive to adding greater security measures within the facility. Yet, there are cameras, needs of ID, and occasionally the presence of protective security personal.
Overall, my high school experience has had a positive experience in my life. I believe that due to Ardsley's small population, being part of a small school has taught me a lot about myself. There are only so many kids that have the same common interests as you do when there are only around 150 kids in your grade. Having said that, in order to strive in a small school setting, you have to have a very open personality which will result in obtaining as many friends and acquaintances as possible. I can proudly say that I have created as many friends and bonds with students as I possibly could at Ardsley High School Having this said, I also learned that not everyone is accepting of who you are, and of the background that you come from. This is something that I have also accepted as an individual. The most important thing that I have learned through my 12 years in Ardsley is that you have to be accepting of yourself, and to not change yourself in order to be accepted by other. Because of this, I would most certainly attend Ardsley High School again if I could do it all over again, so that I can re-learn the very important pieces of information which has been taught to me inside and outside of the classroom.