Ardmore High School Reviews

i would like to get better teachers. so we can actually know what were doing in class i havent learned anything since my freshman year
Ardmore Highschool is a very diverse school, with all types of people and cultures existing in one building. I love the extracurricular activities and the success we’ve had in sports and fine arts. Playing in the band and participating in community pep rally’s and parades has been a great experience. I’d like for Ardmore Highschool to have repairs on the building and add in more classes for other subjects.
There has been a bit of discrimination from a few teachers regarding race, sex, and sexuality. The teachers I am referring to have said things that should result in them being fired, but they continued teaching at AHS. Though that does not include all of them; the majority of teachers I have had are very respectful.
Ardmore Schools have also denied us snow days on multiple occasion. We get one snow day to use per month during the winter. When we do not use the snow day, we're supposed to use it anyway at the end of the month. But we have not had a single snow day out in two years. Not only do the students get upset with this, but the teachers as well.
Start Your Review of Ardmore High School
What I like about the Ardmore high school is our counselors are very helpful with what do we want to do and help us getting ready for college. I love our teacher they are also helpful with the subject we’re on and our homework. The teachers take pride in there work and I love how they motivate me and other students that’s at the Ardmore High School. Give us a speech of how we shouldn’t give up and just to keep pushing. What I want Ardmore high school to change is that the school food change
Learning and education is not up to par; so many behavior problems, that they were always behind in the classroom, it hurts everyone; no help trying to get to college
Ardmore High School is a incredible and a enjoyable school. They not only give amazing academic help but also build strong and trusting bonds with thier students. They push their students until they see them succeed and follow through with their dreams. Many students from ardmore have been accepted into programs and colleges such as Harvard, or Yale. The teachers dont stop until they see their students succeed and that shows how amazing Ardmore High School is. Go Tigers!!
I loved the athletic department. I wish it would have challenged me more academic wise. My first two years of college were challenging because I didn't learn much in high school.
This school has every type of person attending. It's a good and bad thing, of course. I don't have much experience as I'm only attending as a senior for one hour of the day, but I've been pleased with my experience of the administration protecting me from somebody who was harassing me. They made sure once I reported it that measures were taken and that I was watched and communicated with. The counselors were much more understanding than the ones I encountered at Plainview High School, where they didn't seem to care for their students as much and only cared about your grades and their rep. There's more crime at Ardmore which isn't great at all though. Though my safety was taken into consideration, it was because I'm a snitch because I only care about me.
Ardmore High School is a great school. It is a very diverse school, full of all kinds of students that come from different backgrounds, incomes, etc. The offer different types of clubs for students such as FFA, International club, Math club, Science club, etc. The actual school looks excellent, with enough parking for everyone. The library is vast with a great selection of books to use.
I like the diversity and faculty at Ardmore High. We could definitely improve our resourves, since there's always room for improvement.
Ardmore High School is an amazing school. It doesn't deserve the bad rep. I moved there as a sophomore, and I've stayed throughout my senior year. There are many great teachers that inspired me and I don't regret spending my years there. The speech and debate team is amazing.
Regardless of some negative reviews on Ardmore City Schools, I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I say that due to the teachers I have had over the years and how much being at Ardmore City Schools has impacted me and made me the person I am today. The teachers I have had at Ardmore High School were very loving and helping in every way. They did anything they could for me without asking for anything in return. My way of returning the favor was being the best student they knew I could be. They were patient, kind and always were available to any student that wanted to participate in class. The principals and staff also grew on me as I attended school. Now that I am an Ardmore High School Alumni, now attending the University of Central Oklahoma, whatever I do now is to show that their hard work and time didn't go unrecognized and wasted. I want to make them proud and I continue to do that as I venture on into adulthood.
The school overall is not too bad; the teachers are there for the students, but I would like to see a change in the curriculum. There needs to be more one to one involvement between teachers and students.
At Ardmore High School there are great clubs and activities to be apart of. Although I would like to see teacher and student interaction change most teachers hardly know their students.
I feel totally safe here at Ardmore. Our policemen do an excellent job at protecting are school and making sure everyone inside is safe.
I feel like we could have a wider variety of extracurricular activities here at Ardmore but for the most part the ones we do have are okay
In my opinion some teachers here are wonderful teachers! A select few go above and beyond to get to know their students and what their students like and dislike. It just seems like every since Ardmore's budget cuts the quality of teachers and teaching skills has gone down.
Start Your Review of Ardmore High School
Ardmore High School Is an ok school, in my opinion teachers could work a little harder for the students to get the right education they need and also they could care a bit more.
This school has a lot of issues with it's faculty, but the student body as a whole is great.
There are a few teachers who actually do great job with teaching and you can tell they try hard. However, the majority of teacher are either lazy or just plain clueless.