Arcola High School
- ARCOLA, IL
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Arcola High School is an above average, public school located in ARCOLA, IL. It has 313 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Arcola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade A+36 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade B12 Students
- grade B+9 Students
- grade A+8 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Arcola High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Homecoming talegate25%
- Playing in the marching band.25%
- Watching the marching band's halftime shows25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,113 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Arcola High School
- grade B minusVilla Grove High School
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- Rating 3.13 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade C+Oakland High School
- Oakland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- Rating 3.12 out of 5 17 reviews
- grade B+Tuscola High School
- Tuscola Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 22 reviews
- grade B minusSullivan High School
- Sullivan Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 25 reviews
Arcola High School Reviews
Rating 3.79 out of 5 42 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Arcola is an amazing school that provides you all the needs for college! It is a school filled with diversity, integration, and amazing teachers. Every teacher there makes a difference with making sure every student gets the right amount of attention and help they need. Our sports always make sure that sportsmanship is the number one rule in the game.
Arcola High School is a great school with great teachers and a good safe environment. Teachers and administrators prepare students for college very well and are invested in their students doing well after high school. Sports and clubs at Arcola High School are very inclusive and all students have the opportunity to be involved in whatever activities they choose to be involved in. resources at Arcola High School are very good and students have access to quality resources. Arcola High School is very inclusive and diverse with a variety of students attending. Arcola is a very safe community and school and the staff at the schoolwork very hard to make sure that all students feel very safe while at school. The different subjects taught at Arcola High School prepare students for college with challenging material. The school provides students with good resources for college and plenty of materials about college and college visits when possible.
Arcola High School is a technology based environment. Staff and students use technology to advance their ways of learning and teaching. I have attended Arcola High School for four years, and every year they improve on the ways the teachers teach and how they can effectively use the tablets provided. Technology is not the only reason why Arcola High School is a great school but it’s the relationships students build with the teachers. The staff is so friendly and helpful, like most schools, teachers want the best for their students, but in Arcola, teachers go out of their way to build strong friendships with their students. Students can always count on teachers for help on their homework, personal problems or even just to have a good time. My experience with Arcola High School was the best, and I’m glad I got to spend my full four years of high school at this diverse, fun, safe school.