Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Arcola High School is an above average, public school located in Arcola, IL. It has 332 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Arcola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-54 Students
- B39 Students
- B+36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B13 Students
- B+8 Students
- A-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Arcola High School
- B-Villa Grove High School
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- 41 reviews
- C+Oakland High School
- Oakland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 16 reviews
- B+Tuscola High School
- Tuscola Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- 22 reviews
- B-Sullivan High School
- Sullivan Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- 24 reviews
Arcola High School Reviews
Arcola is an amazing school that provides you all the needs for college! It is a school filled with diversity, integration, and amazing teachers. Every teacher there makes a difference with making sure every student gets the right amount of attention and help they need. Our sports always make sure that sportsmanship is the number one rule in the game.
Arcola High School is a technology based environment. Staff and students use technology to advance their ways of learning and teaching. I have attended Arcola High School for four years, and every year they improve on the ways the teachers teach and how they can effectively use the tablets provided. Technology is not the only reason why Arcola High School is a great school but it’s the relationships students build with the teachers. The staff is so friendly and helpful, like most schools, teachers want the best for their students, but in Arcola, teachers go out of their way to build strong friendships with their students. Students can always count on teachers for help on their homework, personal problems or even just to have a good time. My experience with Arcola High School was the best, and I’m glad I got to spend my full four years of high school at this diverse, fun, safe school.
At Arcola High Scool I have appreciated the amount of effort that the teachers give in to making sure that you are ready for college. They always give us the offer to ask them any questions we may have regarding college and that is something I can appreciate. Even with average sport opportunities, the amount of joy that you see from the community is like nothing I have ever seen anywhere else and I have come to really enjoy being a part of it.