Arcola High School is an above average, public school located in Arcola, IL. It has 326 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Arcola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-39 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+21 Students
- A+17 Students
- B12 Students
- B10 Students
- B7 Students
- B+6 Students
- A-5 Students
- A5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Arcola High School
- B-Villa Grove High School
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- 39 reviews
- C+Oakland High School
- Oakland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 16 reviews
- BTuscola High School
- Tuscola Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- 18 reviews
- BSullivan High School
- Sullivan Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- 21 reviews
Arcola High School Reviews
Coming from a small community we are very tight knit and have known our classmates most of our lives. We all get along for the most part although there is some speration with cliques. We also get a huge amount of support from the community members. Most of us are second or third generations of a family to attend this school so the support for the athletics is HUGE!
All of our teachers are very friendly, and amazing at their jobs. They always bring technology into our lesson plans in some way or another, and lessons are moderately interesting. Many of the teachers are willing to put in extra time to work with you after school or during their planning periods if you need help. Classroom never get out of control due to the respect that all of the students have for our teachers at Arcola.
We aren't big on PTA in our school. They run the various booster clubs for football, band, basketball etc., but beyond that there isn't much parent interaction. Other than attending all of our sporting events, concerts, and meets, we don't see the parents much.