Archmere Academy is an elite, private, Catholic school located in Claymont, DE. It has 507 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $24,950 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A74 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+35 Students
- A34 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Archmere Academy Reviews
The designated curriculum Archmere has created will not only help me be prepared for college, but succeed in college as well. Most teachers at Archmere are oblivious to the amount of work we put in and like to think that their class is the only class in the world, so they assign ridiculous amounts of homework. The social situation at Archmere is very well contained and Archmere, in my eyes, is considered the model for an "ideal high school". Since the school is so small, word travels fast and it's hard to avoid people you don't like. Also, the school spirit is really lacking compared to other schools and the administration does not realize that. Lastly, since the curriculum Archmere bestows on us is so rigorous, it makes the students very invested in their grades (and other people's, too). In AP classes, it's hard to escape the ridicule of others for performing poorly on a test, which is pretty lame. I wish Archmere did a better job of making sure test grades were kept private.
When attending Archmere Academy, I enjoyed all the people I was surrounded by and the stellar education I received along the way. Thanks to the school, I have developed a better work ethic which will much better prepare me for college!
Archmere is not a school for the faint of heart. I like to describe it as the Ivy of the high school world. There are rigorous academics but wonderful teachers that are always more than willing and available to help. There are also so many things to get involved with here. I know that, if I had gone somewhere else, I wouldn't have had half of the opportunities I got at Archmere. I will say that the school spirit is definitely lacking and the school itself expects us to juggle a lot, which can push my peers and me to the breaking point. Although I feel like I've missed out on a typical high school experience, I know all of the hard work will benefit me in college, where I can make up for lost time.