Archimedean Upper Conservatory (AUC) Reviews

it is terrible needs change
Do not come to this school. The director has no clue what he is doing and he is not capable of making any decisions without talking to the President of the Board, who is full of himself and loves to control and micromanage every little thing. The assistant director is also not capable of resolving any issues. The school targets a few students and do everything possible to get them into a top university. The teachers do not teach, do not show up to their classes and students are left unattended. The school is very unorganized. The counselor does not know what she is doing and loses letters of recommendations. This school has no respect for students. If the parents have concerns, the reply is “if you don’t like it leave.” My child attended this school (he was an A student) and everyday was frustrated. The students feel helpless and get sick. I removed my child out of the school and he was himself again. This is the reason that almost half of the past year’s sophomore class left.
AUC is a very good school. Most of the teachers are very helpful, they have a wide range of clubs for all academic subjects, and they are also really successful in them. I participate in numerous competitions, and the coaches are also very helpful and offer good advice.
Start Your Review of Archimedean Upper Conservatory (AUC)
Archimedean's administration has serious issues. My class was missing an English teacher for the majority of the year. Every time I scored well I was accused of cheating or just getting lucky. When the AP Chemistry class as a whole was struggling, we were told it was our fault and that we should just memorize the entire textbook if we really don't understand it. The extracurriculars are nonexistent. They were completely canceled. The sports teams are terrible. If you enjoy the arts, there is no program in place to help you. The reason this school scores well is that it hyper focuses on the top 1% of students while belittling the others. This year, the sophomore class lost 50% of its student body because of how negligent the administration was with the issues facing them.
Archimedean is demanding from thew first second. They expect you to put in your full effort and nothing less. It's a strategically organized school and Mr. Demopoulos has done an amazing job at developing AUC.
Archimedean Upper Conservatory is a very difficult school. It has a strong curriculum that mainly revolves around the STEM subjects. However, it has the unique aspect of Greek culture. The majority of the teachers are Greek; there is a mandatory Greek language class and a Greek math class; and there is an annual Greek night festival where we learn cultural dances and each traditional foods. This school is for the dedicated and the strong-willed. It is a small school where everyone knows each other. The staff are set on making sure that their students succeed. There will be afterschool reviews for classes, Saturday reviews for APS, and so on.
I have been in Archimedean Academy since I was in Kinder, right from the beginning they expect the best from you and that is not a bad thing. I'm not going to lie and say it's an easy school, but I will say it's a good school. Every year you are required to take a Greek class no matter the age (K-12) and take advanced math classes. Sometimes the work load does get overwhelming, especially in high school, but I do believe it is worth it, the school just needs to learn that kids need breaks. Another issue I have with this school is that the food and sports aren't the best, but they have been slowly improving; giving more food options during lunch and increasing our status in sports, such as in girls varsity soccer.
Archimedean is definitely not a school for everyone, but this is exactly what makes it special. Archimedean is a school where faculty members truly care about your future, and their tireless work is highly evident of this. Students learn to manage their time and receive excellent college preparation. In regards to the classes, the Archimedean curriculum is definitely different than most, which is exactly what makes it an effective and engaging curriculum. From Euclidean Geometry to Political Philosophy to Logic to Discrete Math to Greek Language the classes offered at Archimedean ensure that students receive a well-rounded education. At times, the workload might seem unbearable, but this is for our own good- we learn to manage our time wisely and to pace ourselves accordingly. As a junior, I wouldn’t be anywhere else.
Archimedean has very rigors classes that help prepare students but some teachers do not know how to teach and give a lot of busy work. Administration is very strict and does not listen to students and what they want or need. The food is poor and not very good. The school overall makes you college ready but we spend too many hours at school. Monday-Saturday I have forgotten what weekends are.
Great school that opens doors to new opportunities. It is a good and healthy environment for the students. Although I don't agree with some of the Academic requirements, like taking Greek Geometry and Discrete Mathematics in Greek. It is a good school that provides a good education and family-like environment for students.
I like that the teachers care about their students and are willing to help us with anything that we need independently if we walk up to them and ask. We are extremely prepared for exams and we have a very rigorous curriculum. However, the school right now doesn't have any clubs, reducing our chances of standing out for outside activities and school spirit is very minimal. By that, I mean that it is there, but the faculty doesn't care about it as much as their do for academics and this is a big part of a high school experience. Overall, the school is pretty good and I will continue going here, as long as, it is beneficial for me.
My experience in Archimedean Upper Conservatory gave me enough college preparation and resources to be successful but lacks in other aspects such as facilities, clubs, and sports.
What I liked about AUC is that I felt at home, my teachers were like my second parents, the faculty were like my second aunts and uncles, my friends and classmates were like the brothers and sisters I never had. I was really blessed to had the opportunity of being part of this school even thought it's still new and small, but it has all the possiblities of being a number school in the USA. I wish for the school to grow bigger for the better because even though I don't go to school there anymore it's still my second home.
Very rigorous but amazing school. Strengthens academic potential. Teachers are extremely giving and flexible to situations, understanding students and their problems. This school is one of the best i have ever been to.
Amazing academics, lots of homework, long classes and 7 hour days. Total of 8-10 classes per year, Saturday tutoring, involved faculty and parents, excellent help for college with direct faculty involvement. Personalized schedules chosen by principle.
I have been in the school for 4 years now and I can honestly say I have received the best education. The administration and teachers are so welcoming and will do anything like stay after school and even come on weekends to help the students perform better.
The school has done an excellent in teaching its students discipline and ways to get prepared for college. Students get assigned a lot of work, helping them raise their efficiency in getting such things done while passing classes. The atmosphere is friendly and everyone gets along with each other. A nice change to see would be more arts based activities and classes being available rather than having just a focus on math and science. Overall, the school is excellent and recommendable to anyone who desires a bright future.
Start Your Review of Archimedean Upper Conservatory (AUC)
Archimedean Upper Conservatory is a niche school. It's greek curriculum (which include both the study of Greek Language and Greek Mathematics) makes an attractive offer to parents. While you do feel a sense of community after many years, it's only because most students leave by sophomore year because they're either risking the chance of going to college (as they can't raise their GPA), or just going to a more attractive and less draining schools. The school does succeed in bringing their student's to their dream college, but only if the student is willing to put in the work.
I'm an alumni from Archimedean upper conservatory but I've also attended the academy as well as the middle conservatory. I love that I've been in this school my whole life because not many people can say that. By graduation time, it felt like I was leaving my family less than just leaving a school. It's a small school so you get the individual attention you need as a student and it made me love the Greek culture as I do my own!
Any can come in and do as they please if they wanted to, it just has not happened yet.