Archbishop Shaw High School Reviews

Archbishop Shaw is a small all male Catholic high school located on the west bank of the Mississippi River by New Orleans. It is also the only Catholic high school located on the west bank of the Mississippi River by New Orleans.
Archbishop Shaw unites everyone as a family. We call each other "brothers." Shaw allows us to progress through high school without trouble. We have fun learning new things every day. Every day is something new which never makes school boring.
I love the environment and the family vibe. I think the academics could be improved. The administration is sometimes frustrating to deal with but are generally very helpful and get issues resolved relatively quickly. I prefer this school to the larger school that I attended because of the personal connections that all teachers and faculty strive to make with the students.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Shaw High School
Great school, Great ACT class, AP classes, Activities. Shaw has always felt like being a part of a brotherhood.
I had a wonderful time at Archbishop Shaw High School. The teachers prepared me well for college and were willing to help with any tutoring. Archbishop Shaw High School provides an experience like no other Catholic high school in the New Orleans area with its emphasis on the teachings of St. John Bosco, creating an everlasting brotherhood for its students and a positive impact for their future.
As a proud alumnus of Archbishop Shaw, it's very exciting to see the progress that has been made on campus since I've graduated. Renovated facilities, an increase in student activities, and progressively increasing test scores are steps in the right direction. Your son will not experience the closeness of a family environment at any other school in the city! Save the travel time across the river and put your son at Shaw where he'll feel comfortable and safe each day.
I liked about this school because of its Salesian education system. I learned a lot about Catholicism and it’s values, which could be very beneficial to me in my life.
I was the only person from my school to go to Shaw and when I first started I was very nervous. The teachers are very nice and offer help whenever it is needed. There's something for everybody here. Whether it's chess club or ultimate frisbee or magic cards there's a club for you. There's plenty of school events throughout the year and everybody has a role in the school. I couldn't think of a better place to spend the best years of my life and I would definitely recommend it for anyone.
As a 1995 graduate I was very pleased with the education I received at Archbishop Shaw. Recent improvements to facilities and programs have only further improved the overall environment.
Fantastic school with great academics featuring a multitude of AP, dual enrollment and honors courses. Opportunities to be on staff of local newspapers, work with business executives on real community projects and student filled faculty positions give students valuable experience in real world positions of responsibility. Shaw is a dream school for any student!
Fights hard against unjust negative stereotypes. Fantastic administration, faculty, and staff. Students are taught good morals and a quality education.
Both of my sons graduated from Archbishop Shaw High School. They both went on to graduate from college in four years because they were well prepared for the academics and social culture that they would experience. They were both able to take college credit and AP classes where they were able to enter college with earned credit hours giving them a jump on their college courses. They were both extremely active in multiple sports as well as many extra curricular clubs. And most importantly they were able to strengthen their relationship with God through the many religious program the school offers through masses, youth ministry, retreats, service projects, and many more. Archbishop Shaw has a lot to offer and I highly recommend the school to anyone looking for a diverse Catholic school for their son.
Great school. Improving academics and digital based. All students receive a chrome book and all books are books. There are no book charges. The school is making a serious attempt to go paperless. If a student wants a digital experience this school is the place to go.
I would say that my experience at Shaw was amazing. I found myself to become a better overall person. I was able to find my faith in God to become a better Catholic and I was able to be taught what it took to become a man and a contributor to the community.
Archbishop Shaw High School is a great school with great passion to maximize your success in college and in life. Shaw prepares you mentally and physically to what expect on your career path to success. Shaw has a legacy of great alumnus who became highly respected and triumph in life which displays the true meaning of being a Shaw Eagle. Ever Striving, Ever Achieving.
Teachers will try to prevent it if they see it.
Emphasis on sports and pretty much nothing else.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Shaw High School
Not amazing compared to schools from other states.
Some teachers force their teaching onto students.
Archbishop Shaw has excellent policies & procedures that are implemented fairly and compassionately.