Archbishop Ryan High School Reviews

Archbishop Ryan is an above average school in Philadelphia, PA. The teachers are good for the most part. The principle and administration are great. Easy to make friends here.
Choosing to attend Archbishop Ryan has been one of the best decisions that I have made for myself. At first, I was a little unsure if Ryan was the best school for me because I was afraid of the size. I was nervous about going to a school of that size. The size is now one of the positives of Ryan. Archbishop Ryan has so much to offer from sports, clubs, and so much more. I have made so many life long friends at school that I couldn't have done if I didn't go to Ryan. Archbishop Ryan is a wonderful school.
My overall experience at Archbishop Ryan was very good. I feel well prepared for college. The teachers and staff are knowledgeable and friendly.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Ryan High School
I had a good experience in this high school, there were a lot of clubs and also good teachers. I would like to see a change in some of the classes we had to take when we didn't actually needed in our future life
Great preparation for college.
Lots of activities, sports & clubs to get involved.
Made friends for a lifetime!!
If you are a current student, I encourage you to join a club or after school activity. It makes high school worth it.
My four years at Ryan prepared me for my future schooling. The teaching staff was dedicated and knowledgeable. They made every attempt to develop the students into well rounded adults. They had numerous extra curricular activities for the students to participate in, and strived to have award winning teams.
If you are considering sending your child to this school I would reconsider. I wish I did. The teachers aren't very good and most do t care about the student getting an education. The office workers are rude and will hang up on you if they can't answer your question. The administration treats the seniors who are mostly adults like they are in grade school. Plus I was told by an employee that enrollment has been going down every year. This is the reason for the high tuition of $9100 next year. Lord only knows what it will be next year.
One of the things I like best about Archbishop Ryan is the students I met during my four years attending. Along with the amazing staff, Archbishop Ryan has surrounded me with amazing people that I happily call my bestfriends. The teachers work to keep you college ready and the students that are all around you only motivate you to succeed in all that you do.
I enjoyed my 4 years at Ryan. Lots of friends and memories were made. I feel that I am prepared to go to college.
Archbishop Ryan High School was an overall good experience. The school was fairly well equipped, filled with opportunities, and had very friendly staff. The only major problem that I had was the preparation for college wasn't there, though that's an ongoing issue with plenty of schools. In my experience there was a somewhat lack of parent involvement. Every once in a while the parents were invited to meet the teachers to discuss their child's grades and progress, besides that there wasn't much. The food in the cafeteria was not that great besides the classic "hot cheese" sandwich that was a staple of lunch at school. The teachers where for the most part good educators, some took their teacher status to more of a overlord level making them less approachable, but many others were fair. I would recommend looking at other options for schooling that may be better for college preparation such as Holy Ghost Prep or MaST Charter, but Ryan is a fair choice.
They are open to new techniques and technology.
A good mix of activities.
I was able to combine athletics and academics successfully for a great experience.
Honestly, in the first year I was in Archbishop Ryan I was a slacker and put in little effort in my work. I would often ask for other's homework and pass it as my own. As I progressed in age, I progressed as a student. I left those "slacker" methods behind me and it was all thanks to the determined faculty at Archbishop Ryan High School. With their diligence and dedication to their students, they were able to shape me into a hard-working and indepenedent student. I have also made many friends at this school, many of whom I still talk to Today. This wouldn't be possible without the extracurricular activities at this school.
The faculty who were in charge of health and safety have provided excellenet service throughout the years. The faculty has made sure that the students were in good health, both emotionally and physically. Their dedication to health and safety has made Archbishop Ryan what it is today, an educational community full of prestigious students and alumni.
The extracurriclar activities at Archbishop Ryan provide a chance for students and even faculty to communicate with each other. These activities help students achieve their skills that they have not recognized what they were capable of while increasing their social skills.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Ryan High School
The school promotes health and safety. Though the school nurse is only there certain periods which can be annoying.
There are many extracurricular activities available to everyone. There is almost any sport you can think of. If you're not the sporty type, there are around 50 clubs offered here at Ryan. And even if there isn't a club you like for some reason, you can create your own club as long as you get permission from administration. As a graduating senior who played on the team, the girls soccer team is the best in the area and has won the PCL championship the last four years. Also, all the girls on the team are very friendly.
Coming to this school was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I can't imagine myself being anywhere else. The friendships and memories I have made here whether through sports (long live the Ryan soccer girls 4peat!), activities, or even just in the classroom are things I will cherish forever. The size of the student body allows each student, no matter what type of person they are, to assimilate to the school. I am sad that in a month I will no longer be an Archbishop Ryan student.