Archbishop Riordan High School Reviews

The academic program here at ARHS is truly outstanding. There are also many other clubs and extracurricular activities, providing plenty of opportunities for outside involvement. Baseball program could especially be improved, but I feel like it’s off to a good start.
Toxic environment to say the least. The majority of faculty value sports over academics 70% of the time. Special treatment is ridiculous with student athletes. If your a good athlete, come here-you’ll be treated like a king.
Archbishop Riordan High School is a wonderful school that allows you to find new things about yourself that you never knew you liked.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Riordan High School
Great place for an education. All the tools are available to succeed. Teachers have office hours after school for tutoring and questions.
My brothers and I are alumni of the school. We have remained extremely active in alumni events because our experiences at the school were so positive. I know first hand that the school's current leadership is absolutely top-notch and is focused on continuing to maintain Riordan's elite status. In addition, the recently renovated basketball gym is an iconic setting for high school basketball in the Bay Area. The bottom line is that I highly recommend the school.
I lobe archbishop riordan high school in love and culture and environment. Being at an all boys school is not really a punishment. You get to actually make life long brothers and create a brotherhood.
Archbishop Riordan High School does an excellent job of preparing students for college as well as promoting ethnic diversity on campus. What I love most about this school is their belief system in utilizing traditional moral values to mold young men into the best versions of themselves, be it academically or socially. The students of Riordan create powerful, long lasting relationships between their classmates over the four years. It is a community that doesn't tolerate mediocrity, but instead nurtures the talents of individuals who can't find their niche. What I would like to see change about this school is the overall appreciation for the teachers, coaches, and administrators who devote so much time and energy into their work. They inspire their students to work hard and stay committed. Archbishop Riordan High School gives students the tools they need to become outstanding contributors to society, and this institution will continue leaving its mark on our country for years to come.
My son was struggling at a different high school and placed on academic probation. We decided to move him to Riordan his junior year and join the RSP program. That year he made the honor role. His senior year he applied to several colleges and got accepted to most. If not for Riordan and it’s RSP program he would not be successful at his favorite college.
Riordan is a safe place with a long and rich tradition of educating the young men of San Francisco in a diverse community. The Brotherhood is strong and an integral part of the students development and identity. The academics, sports music and drama are very strong and new enrichment courses such as auto shop and engineering are improving Riordan's well rounded experience. I have an alum son, a current student and a future Crusader as well as a proud alumni husband.
Riordan truly serves the needs of young men. The school graduates students who are intelligent (attend great colleges and have great careers), thoughtful (open doors for visitors!) and care about the world around them (engage in a life service). Faculty, administration, and coaches know how to teach and mentor boys. The school truly lives its mission to educate in the family spirit, which includes engaging and caring for students, families, alumni, and the greater community.

...and, the food in the cafeteria is so good!
Archbishop Riordan is a great school. My son was happy and thriving in the 4 years he attended. The faculty and staff work hard to do their best for the students. I came to discover that sending your son to an all-male high school is truly a gift and will stay with him his whole life. The family spirit is very apparent. They are all good boys.
Great School. Focused on the individual needs of each student, not just the majority. Offer advanced courses , as well as, resource support classes. Every year, we have seen resources put into student and campus needs. Impressive! Polite young men.
Archbishop Riordan High School is an outstanding college prep school designed for high achievers and also students who need resource support. My experience was very positive and I have made many life-long friends.
I like the diversity and the academic challenges that Riordan has to offer. They are truly helping me to prepare for college.
Really changed me as a person, friend, and as a brother.
I never got too experience having siblings but during my four years here I gained bonds that will last my entire life.
What I want to change is the conduct and training for the Tennis program. In my opinion, the Tennis program lacks proficiency in both teaching and training.
I'm going to the summer school and starting my Freshman year in the fall.
I like my teachers, my mates.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Riordan High School
Riordan provided an education valued around the whole person.
This school sense of community enables students to reach their potential and achieve lofty goals. A great experience!
My son has finished his freshman year at ARHS and he had an amazing experience. He came from an all-boys K-8 school and did not have the most positive experience so we were surprised when he chose ARHS for high school. But, it has been an amazing fit. The academics are challenging, but manageable and he has been able to participate in athletics, something that would not be possible at some of the other private schools in the area. We have had great teachers this year, but there have been some glitches. There are some teachers that do not post grades nor respond to parent emails in a timely manner. They also use multiple ways of posting homework that was at first confusing for my son, but he eventually figured it out. They are also moving to a house system for next year which I am not sure how I feel about it, but I am open-minded and hopeful. Overall, ARHS has been a wonderful experience for my son!
It was an all male school that provided almost every student with some form tuition aid and provided students and teachers a family environment. The school put too much emphasis on discipline, that it often has the opposite effect on students than it intended