Archbishop Riordan High School Reviews

I like the diversity and the academic challenges that Riordan has to offer. They are truly helping me to prepare for college.
Really changed me as a person, friend, and as a brother.
I never got too experience having siblings but during my four years here I gained bonds that will last my entire life.
What I want to change is the conduct and training for the Tennis program. In my opinion, the Tennis program lacks proficiency in both teaching and training.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Riordan High School
I'm going to the summer school and starting my Freshman year in the fall.
I like my teachers, my mates.
Riordan provided an education valued around the whole person.
This school sense of community enables students to reach their potential and achieve lofty goals. A great experience!
My son has finished his freshman year at ARHS and he had an amazing experience. He came from an all-boys K-8 school and did not have the most positive experience so we were surprised when he chose ARHS for high school. But, it has been an amazing fit. The academics are challenging, but manageable and he has been able to participate in athletics, something that would not be possible at some of the other private schools in the area. We have had great teachers this year, but there have been some glitches. There are some teachers that do not post grades nor respond to parent emails in a timely manner. They also use multiple ways of posting homework that was at first confusing for my son, but he eventually figured it out. They are also moving to a house system for next year which I am not sure how I feel about it, but I am open-minded and hopeful. Overall, ARHS has been a wonderful experience for my son!
It was an all male school that provided almost every student with some form tuition aid and provided students and teachers a family environment. The school put too much emphasis on discipline, that it often has the opposite effect on students than it intended
This school really has something for everyone. It's small enough that the boys get individual attention, but large enough to offer opportunities for just about every kind of kid. There are tons of clubs, a good variety of sports, music, theater and a new Maker Space. Some great teachers and some not so great teachers, but overall a solid education.
This school is tough starting in freshman year and stays that way. Everyone here is smart. Getting through even just one year at Riordan is an accomplishment all on its own. The education I have received has been unbelievable. The food is a solid 10/10. It is often hard to feel adequate in a sea of some of the smartest students in the country but it is even harder to remember that you are one of them. When I look around at the students I have gone to school with for the past years of my life, I see the people who are going to do incredible things in the future. I have been absolutely lucky to have attended this school. Getting to senior year at Riordan is almost a guarantee that you will have a bright future. Now that I am a senior who has just completed his last Fall Trimester at this school, I can safely say that, despite all the stress this school has given, I love this school. There is no place on Earth quite like Riordan.
My experience at Riordan was amazing and a truly life-changing experience. The brotherhood and connections that are made once someone becomes a Riordan Crusader last a life time. Not only do you get a great education, but a student transitions from being a boy into a man of the future. An experience that can not be matched at any other highschool.
The school is unique. I did not like many aspects of the school and administration. The community is what makes Riordan a four star school. The teachers were always supportive and encouraging and everyone else at Riordan becomes your brother.
Riordan, an all-male high school, offers a unique opportunity that turns boys into men by the time they graduate and I am glad that I seized that opportunity. What I love the most about Riordan is "brotherhood" relationshipa that are shared amongst the entirety of the student body. I came in as a nervous freshman with no friends, and am preparing to leave with people I highly consider part of my extended family. They are my brothers. The only thing that I would change about the school is the school spirit and getting students out to sporting events.
Archbishop Riordan is a good school with teachers always willing to help students who need it, and or are looking for it. The academics are good and there are many ways to involve yourself with the school.
Located near City College of San Francisco, Archbishop Riordan High School is famous for its retention of an all-male style Catholic education. The school requires students to study religion throughout their four years. ARHS really prepared me for the workload of college, and instilled the idea of giving back to the community within my character. My experience at ARHS was not the pinnacle of my lifetime; however, and I would rather have attended another college-prep institution for a better social atmosphere. Academically, I was challenged, but I was completely neglected socially and emotionally by the staff, students, and faculty. ARHS tends to have a group of passionate, yet, rather exclusive students, teachers, and faculty. Inside jokes are part of the culture at ARHS. The student body is also notorious for creating cliques around different areas, whether they are sports, technology (IT), or theater. Part of the reason this is so is the "all-male" aspect of ARHS.
There's a lot of activities, clubs that students can choose from. From academic to sports.
ARHS encouraged me and the other students to be best in what we love to do. And even when we don't love something, there are several opportunities to explore other activities that we will eventually love. Everyone almost stay in school because of extra curricular activities. My parents would always say, there's always someone in school doing something even late in the day (sports, drama, band etc).
This is school is the best "fit" for me. I am encouraged to be involved and be active. I am doing well in this school than probably with any other high schools in our area.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Riordan High School
One aspect of Riorda that stands out is the on campus trainer that we have to take care of athletic related injuries.
There are many extra curricular activities available at the school. The school has seen a long period of failing programs in terms of wins, but has shown an upward climb.
I came to this school with the understanding that I would do what I have to in order to secure a future outside the school's walls. I have no intention of coming back here once I move on.