Archbishop Mitty High School Reviews

archbishop mitty high school is a very reputable high school that has prepared me very well for college. As a second semester senior, i feel that i am very prepared to go off and live on my own in college
Overall, the last 4 years at Mitty have been very positive. The majority of teachers are committed to their job & do it well. Like most schools, not all the teachers are the best & you have to work through those when you run into them. Sports programs are excellent for the majority of sports. New STEM building is excellent. Campus is somewhat confined so they'll need to be creative about how they upgrade/replace further. Parents are involved & a good group of people. Wide diversity typical of Silicon Valley. College admissions are generally top notch across the country from Ivy League to the UC campuses. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
The Mitty community is very welcoming and kind. Teachers are very helpful and eager to meet with you.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Mitty High School
Archbishop Mitty High School is a great place for any student who wishes to be part of a community-based high school education. The school places a great emphasis on having a good community above all else. Events such as Monarch Madness, a school competition, generate a lot of school pride and fun. Mitty is very proud of its athletics programs, and spirituality is important as well, though being Catholic is not at all required. The teachers and general education is at a really high level.
If I could sum up what Archbishop Mitty High School means in one word I would choose community. I came in as a transfer student my senior year. Coming from out of state in my last year of high school, I thought it would be difficult to transition and feel like home. The faculty and student body welcomed me with opened arms and helped me learn the ropes of the new school while pushing me to be the best in all aspects of my academic and social career. This school made transferring a breeze and it ended up being my best year yet. My only regret is that I did not have more time at such a great institution.
You can get 100% on the HSPT while another student can get a 52% yet the 100% gets you waitlisted and the 52% gets admitted because the family made a monetary donation to the baseball program! Politics and money. I want my child to get accepted on her own accord not because I bought her way.
The sense of community at AMHS was unlike any other school I've ever seen. Of course there were little things that challenged me, but I grew tremendously through my participation in Speech and Debate, Sketch Comedy, Musical Theater, AP Classes, clubs, and more.
I really like my Archbishop Mitty High School. The students, faculty, and campus are all extremely nice. We have the Sobrato Learning Center, a building funded by the Sobrato family that provides a café-like setting for students to hang out and do homework with friends. We also have a state-of-the-art library and chemistry wing, in addition to the other wonderful buildings we have on campus. The teachers are very helpful, and most of them are lovely.
Mitty was a wonderful experience for me. There is a very strong sense of community at Mitty between students from class to class as well as with the faculty and staff. Though the school is Catholic, the faculty make it very clear that all religions, cultures, and sexualities are welcome and accepted. The one downfall I find with the school is that the dress code seems to cater to males. I think a more lenient dress code for female students would help create a better environment for them as far as positive body image is concerned. Teaching females to be ashamed of their bodies for the sake of a male should not be condoned.
While Archbishop Mitty was a great school academically, it was very competitive. It was hard for me to get into any sports and competitive teams which required a try-out or audition. Freshmen received low priority. Because the school limited me in extracurricular activities, my parents were mad at me for wasting their money.
We were unhappy with the administration. The teachers deans and principal scared our daughter by threatening to take her graduation ceremony away, her Mass and her diploma if she didn’t tell them who was involved in the senior prank. She never told them who did the prank because ‘he’ was a hugely important student figure in her class and had a lot to loose. Ultimately, our daughter could not participate in the graduation ceremony, could NOT attend Mass with us, and the school did NOT let her have her diploma. Almost ten years have past and they still will not give her her diploma, but she is a great lawyer!
I like Archbishop Mitty High School because it provides a great environment for learning and providing teamwork with others. However, it can improve by providing more advanced classes.
Archbishop Mitty is a private Catholic school with a diverse student body that focuses on sports, speech and debate, drama, and advocacy. While it has an excellent sports and speech&debate program, science and engineering seems to be lacking in comparison to nearby schools; due to the relatively low number of students focusing on STEM activities, it appears to lack a substantial computer science and engineering oriented subculture nearby public schools tend to have. Overall, the teachers are excellent, and after sophomore year, students are more welcoming.
I think the teachers and students here are all super supporting and honestly, the school spirit here couldn't get any better. The sports team are all top-level and I think it's a nurturing place for high schoolers.
Archbishop Mitty has a sense of community unmatched by any other Catholic School in the area. It's academic and athletic reputation are extraordinary. It is also one of the most diverse racially and economically diverse private schools in San Jose and Mountain View.
Overall, Archbishop Mitty is an excellent school through academics, sports, music, etc. I absolutely love Mitty for its school spirit and supportive community. The only downfall is its administration. They completely control the students in a communist way. They stricken down on so many rules that students feel trapped and afraid to do anything. Students should not be so easily punished (i.e. Being late to class results in detention)
I enjoyed the close teacher-student relationships that I developed through my time at Mitty. The inherently invested nature of the teachers to help their students grow allowed me to discover my favorite school subjects and topics.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Mitty High School
AMHS has a strong sense of community that welcomes every student. Anyone can find their niche here and be supported by good resources provided by the school. Whether you are good at academics, sports, performing arts, or something else, AMHS has the resources to support and develop your talents.
Great community to be involved with as long as you enrich yourself in as many activities as possible. I regret not doing more.
My experience at Mitty has been an experience you will not be able to obtain anywhere else. The welcoming, family-like environment makes Mitty special. With outstanding opportunities for academics, as well as student government, performing arts, athletics, and campus ministry, Archbishop Mitty can be the home to a countless amount of individuals.