Archbishop Hoban High School Reviews

I am so blessed that both of my children chose to go to Hoban! #1 Academics, #1 Sports, #1 All around!!! My son just received the Academic Knight award for the first grading period. My children continue to receive Highest Honors and High Honors each grading period. They are active in sports and other activities in their school. So proud to call Hoban our school!
Two of my sons (2017 & 2012) and my daughter (2014) graduated from Archbishop Hoban after attending all four years. My oldest two comment on how well prepared they were for college when compared to their college friends. They were well prepared to write papers, which matters across all majors. All three had a great balance of academic and fun experiences at Hoban. My youngest was the most involved (as that's his personality) and found a wide range of opportunities to do so. The requirement for social service is of utmost importance to me as a parent.
Archbishop Hoban has well prepared me for college. I really enjoyed the family attributes Hoban holds along with the friendly atmosphere. The culture and spirit of the students is like no other and I am a proud alumni of archbishop Hoban High School. Go Knights!
Start Your Review of Archbishop Hoban High School
I love hoban and all of the friendships I have made there. Through sports teams or in the classroom, the are welcoming environments everywhere at Hoban.
Archbishop Hoban High School has been an amazing experience for me. As a student, I truly feel that the teachers, faculty, and staff do not act superior to me. The relationships I've built with the Hoban community are lifelong relationships. I believe that the second you step foot into Archbishop Hoban, you instantly become part of a family.
This is an excellent Catholic School. Teachers, students and coaches are helpful and have made my experience at this school a life lesson.
Supportive teachers. Love my friends. Great history teachers. Pretty good science teachers. Lacks diversity, but still an amazing school with amazing people.
The inclusiveness at this school made me feel as if I am part of a family that extends for generations. This is the kind of school that I would send my own children to. One of the main themes of hoban is family and that is the true feeling you have while you are in the building. The rigor of the classes allowed me to extendy learning capabilities. True to you is Hoban's motto and I always knew I could be accepted for who I am.
Overall Hoban was a great school that prepared you for college. The hard work truly pays off. All the course are college prep.
Hoban high for me was a wonderful experience. The school itself is great, the diversity was amazing, and the food great! The academics are wonderful and teachers are determined to make sure every student passes and understands all of the material. If I ever had to do it over, I'd choose Hoban again in a heartbeat. Everyone was amazing and it really felt like a family. The only things I didn't like however is that they really didn't account for the students that weren't catholic. I am still a Christian but we still had to go to the masses which I didn't like, and it seemed like all Hoban wanted to do was nickle and dime you for everything. It was expensive to go there and it seemed like all they were about is money.
Very good fitness center. Most teachers are excellent. Lovely AP classes. It prepares for college quite nicely and helps to teach good writing and learning habits. The lunches and mushi cookies are amazing. There is ice cream, sundaes, salad, soup, sandwiches, wraps, deserts, fruit, a multitude of drinks, pizza, fries, and whatever is on the menu for that day. There is a lack of diversity, I believe around 50/850 are of other ethnicities than white, but those kids always end up being the most popular. There are around five foreign exchange students, one living with my family. It is an awesome learning environment, and it was such an improvement from my former public school.
I loved my experience at Archbishop Hoban High School. I learned valuable lessons from faculty and also furthered my spiritual growth as well.
Overall, attending Archbishop Hoban High School has been a great experience. Hoban has much diversity and everyone is so accepting of all students, despite any racial, religious, or economic differences. I feel that I will be prepared for college and the future following graduation.
Over 30+ clubs that will suit each kid...every kid is usually involved in at least 1club
Everyone feels at home with the family atmosphere we are encapsulated in.
I have not regretted any of my decisions associated with this school. Everyday this school impresses me.
The teachers understand that they have a variety of students to work with. They continually engage with everyone and try their hardest to make each student succeed. Besides helping their students engage, they take time to understand and get to know each student a little better. The teachers not only care about you as a student, but also as a person.
Start Your Review of Archbishop Hoban High School
Hoban is not in the best area in terms of crime rate. They take safety very seriously and students do the same. Very involved in monitoring events after and before school.
Very strong extracurriculars. Wide variety of clubs.
Transferring from Jackson was the best decision of my entire life. Hoban was the best possible high school for me. I accepted myself and was accepted by others. I grew spiritually and became a better person. I feel this is the greatest school ever.